SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The guy who hit the BLM "protester" in Johnson City last week has been arraigned and is pleading not guilty. His lawyer says he acted in self defense because he was blocked and surrounded. Next court date isn't until Oct. 26th. (This is per a radio report I heard while driving to work this morning, so no link.)
Original story on p. 175

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The song " Attitude Adjustment" comes to mind

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" Mike Tyson.. supposedly

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What exactly was this man arrested for? You can't hold a gun inside your own home now?
Milwaukee man mobbed by BLM activists—arrested for trying to defend his home

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Sane individuals living in leftist cesspools might want to consider an exit strategy.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Here's an article pointing out how the NY Times rues things being too white --

White-Counting

Read only if so inclined, posted because of this bit of genius --

FTA -- ".. Ironically, the NYT project appears to have started off as an attempt in this Summer of George to argue that blacks get themselves in trouble with the police so often because of too much white power."

"The Summer of George", how good is that? OK funny but serving to ridicule and diminish the self-absorption and immaturity of all this season has brought us. How very Alinsky Big Grin

(for the unfamiliar)

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YI9ahUgnk

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
What exactly was this man arrested for? You can't hold a gun inside your own home now?
That wouldn't fly down here.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:

I've been monitoring the websites of all four local Milwaukee TV stations since this morning and there is absolutely nothing on this story.

If something like this HAD happened, the local media would have been all over it and CNN and MSNBC would be interviewing every frightened and offended peaceful protester they could find.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I heard some folks were calling him Parole Pete? Perhaps he was a felon and couldn't possess a firearm and the people knew it? I am baffled by this arrest too.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
The song " Attitude Adjustment" comes to mind

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" Mike Tyson.. supposedly

I think Tyson was paraphrasing Clausewitz Big Grin

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Kinda thinking 1992 has nothing on 2020:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYT9Hew9ZU

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Another long article for your reading pleasure covering one of the lead people behind the "Transition Integrity Project" a Soro's funded project to push for a color revolution after the election.

https://www.revolver.news/2020...nst-president-trump/

Here is Newt calling it like it is....then he is shut down "We don't have to bring up George Soros"....WTF? It is documented that he spent millions getting progressive DAs elected but we can't mention his name?

https://www.citizenfreepress.c...nge-harris-faulkner/

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I heard some folks were calling him Parole Pete? Perhaps he was a felon and couldn't possess a firearm and the people knew it?

They started calling him that after he was arrested--possibly for "brandishing?"

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Here is Newt calling it like it is....then he is shut down "We don't have to bring up George Soros"....WTF? It is documented that he spent millions getting progressive DAs elected but we can't mention his name?
I don't see it exactly as him being shut down. Notice that both he and Faulkner stopped speaking. I think for both him and Faulkner to just stop speaking was very effective at highlighting Harf's bullshit. Think about it.

Gingrich using the word "verboten" was quite appropriate and Harf knew what he meant by using the German term.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
I heard some folks were calling him Parole Pete? Perhaps he was a felon and couldn't possess a firearm and the people knew it? I am baffled by this arrest too.

I'm not. The left wants these things to happen and wants the message sent to not fight back. They are trying to intimidate us on so many levels right now. Not working.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
BLAMTIFA rioters get their names published. Claim it's "disrupting their lives". WAAAAAAAA

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8347 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
REPORT: BLM Co-Founder Partnering Up With Pro-Communist Chinese Group

https://www.dailywire.com/news...munist-chinese-group

One of the co-founders of the official Black Lives Matter group, Alicia Garza, is reportedly partnering up with a Chinese organization that has deep ties to the Chinese Communist Party — and that group now appears to be funding one of Garza’s ventures, according to an investigation by the Daily Signal.

Garza is one of several co-founders of the official “Black Lives Matter” group, and, in 2018, she launched a project called “Black Futures Lab” which aims, its website says, to help activists in the black community maintain interest in civic participation and civic activism year-round. The group “gathers information about the ways that policy affects Black communities and one that uses that information creatively to educate and challenge policymakers.” It also lobbies on behalf of BLM’s interests at the local level.

The Daily Signal’s Mike Gonzalez, though, discovered that donations to the Black Futures Lab don’t seem to go directly to the foundation itself, but rather to a group called the “Chinese Progressive Association” — a group that has deep ties to the Chinese Communist Party.

“According to an authoritative 2009 Stanford University paper tracing its early days to the present, and which can be found on Marxist.org, ‘The CPA began as a Leftist, pro-People’s Republic of China organization, promoting awareness of mainland China’s revolutionary thought and workers’ rights, and dedicated to self-determination, community control, and “serving the people,”‘” Gonzales reports.

“To this day, the CPA continues to be a partner of the PRC in the United States. Three years ago, the Boston chapter teamed up with China’s Consulate General in New York to offer Chinese nationals the opportunity to renew their passports, getting praise from China’s official mouthpiece, China Daily,” he continues. It also helped raise the Chinese flag over Boston City Hall to honor the anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party’s takeover of China.

“It is clear, then, that CPA works with China’s communist government, pushes its agenda here in the United States, and is regularly praised by China’s state-owned mouthpieces,” Gonzalez says. “It is clear, too, from, this perspective, why the CPA would sponsor a new enterprise by Garza: They espouse the same desire for world communism.”

As the Federalist notes, Garza’s Black Lives Matter organization is unabashedly Marxist, so there are certainly shared goals between BLM and the CCP: “The BLM organization sponsors and proposes Marxist public policy such as socialized ownership of resources, banks, and businesses, a highly unequal income tax, putting everyone on welfare through a “minimum income,” and government jobs. In 2015, Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said she and her fellow organizers are ‘trained Marxists.’”

Garza herself agrees. She told a gathering of progressive activists in 2015 that “It’s not possible for a world to emerge where black lives matter if it’s under capitalism, and it’s not possible to abolish capitalism without a struggle against national oppression.”

China has also spoken out in support of American anti-racism protests, though largely as a way of undermining the American position on China’s crackdown of pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong and, Foreign Policy notes, to deflect attention from concerns over its decision to impose Chinese law on Hong Kong residents, and evidence that may be trying to systematically eliminate Chinese ethnic Muslims.

Gonzalez’s discovery, at least, does seem to indicate that there is a more formal relationship between Chinese activists and the American anti-racism movement.

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Those protestors, the acronym group, the "by any means necessary" crowd, took great pride and relish in exposing and doxing anyone they considered racist, fascist, an opponent, police officer, etc., They cheered when jobs were lost, futures ruined, death threats made.

They also enjoyed trashing any business on social media that didn't agree with them, or supported what they oppose, costing money, jobs, and some business failures.

Their universal response, a big middle finger and FUCK YOU!

...And now they have the balls to whine like little babies when it happens to them?

Guess what? <Insert hand gesture>

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
BLAMTIFA rioters get their names published. Claim it's "disrupting their lives". WAAAAAAAA

Damn right...it's about time they get a taste of their own shit. Let them be looking over their shoulder for a change and wondering who might be after them. Let all their neighbors know just what POS's live in their neighborhood.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

Damn right...it's about time they get a taste of their own shit. Let them be looking over their shoulder for a change and wondering who might be after them. Let all their neighbors know just what POS's live in their neighborhood.

I think it's time for some vengeful ANTIFA opposition members to follow these pukes back to where they sleep and wreak havoc on them and their private lives. Behaving the way these ANTIFA do should be like stepping on a rake. Every time they do it, pain should immediately follow.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Here is the propaganda piece that Tim's referring to:

*please done click on the article's link - don't give WW any traffic.

quote:
Portland Protesters Say Their Lives Were Upended by the Posting of Their Mug Shots on a Conservative Twitter Account

What Andy Ngo is doing is legal. The mug shots are public records. And Ngo told WW that it is his “duty” to report on protesters who have been arrested
On Aug. 7, Black activist Ragina Gray was tackled by Portland police at a protest and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and interfering with an officer.

That same day, conservative Portland activist Andy Ngo shared Gray's name and mug shot on Twitter. notice that this antifa supporter is calling Andy an "activist" and not journalist

"Gray, 30, is charged with interfering with an officer, resisting arrest and more," Ngo wrote on Twitter. "She was arrested at the violent antifa protest in Portland and quickly bailed out. Gray is frequently photographed with kids at protests and rants about white terrorism." The photo was retweeted by 475 people.

Twelve nights later, on Aug. 19, a man showed up on the doorstep of Gray's mother's eastside home. "He was sweaty and nervous looking, and he asked for Ragina by name," says Lucinda Fisher, Gray's mom. "He mentioned [Gray's] son, and I noticed he had a gun in his hand." Fisher slammed the door and called the police. like this even happened

Gray's children, 9 and 4, whom she brought to protests with her prior to her arrest, fear for her life.

"They're scared that someone's going to kill me," Gray says. "My first instinct is to say, 'No, that's not going to happen.' But there's a huge risk."

Gray has no direct evidence that Ngo's robust social media presence is the reason an armed man arrived at her mom's house.

Ngo's prominence has been catapulted by Portland's protests. He is editor-at-large at a Canadian conservative website called The Post Millennial and is also a regular guest on Fox News. Last year, he was assaulted at a Portland anti-fascist march, where masked assailants punched and kicked him in the head.

Ngo has more than 700,000 followers on Twitter, many of whom share the belief that Portland protesters are a threat to national security.

But Gray believes Ngo and his followers are watching her. And she is not the only one. WW has spoken with two others who have been arrested at Portland protests and had their names and mug shots tweeted by Ngo, and claim their lives have since been disrupted.

"We've been lying low, and to be honest, we've been staying at home with the blinds closed," says Phillip Wenzel, whose mug shot was shared by Ngo on Aug. 15. "I can get over Twitter trolls, but what gives me the most pause is the 1% of them that have genuine threats."

Critics call Ngo's posts "doxxing," or posting personal information about people to make their lives unpleasant.

But what Ngo is doing is legal. The mug shots are public records. The arrests happened. And Ngo told WW that it is his "duty" to report on protesters who have been arrested, "given the risk that violence and riots present to the public."

Ngo wrote WW via email: "I believe my duty as a journalist includes informing the public about individuals who are believed by criminal authorities to be sufficiently dangerous to the public that they meet the standard for arrest."

Andy Ngo in 2017. (Thomas Teal)Andy Ngo in 2017. (Thomas Teal)
Portland couple Erin and Phillip Wenzel started their evening Friday, Aug. 14, as they have more than 10 times before that.

They donned their protest outfits: full gas respirators, masks, bike helmets, and a bulletproof vest for Philip, who had been in the front of protests as part of the drum line. Erin, a medic toting a first aid kit, usually settled in a few rows behind the line of drummers.

That night, Phillip was arrested when the two of them were sandwiched between two lines of officers during a smoke-filled, chaotic confrontation captured on video that shows several protesters cowering under yellow shields as cops push them to the ground.

A video of Wenzel's interaction with police shows him shielding his face on the ground as a half-dozen cops tackle him. He was arrested, charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, interfering with police, and disorderly conduct, and released the next day.

The next morning, Ngo posted his mug shot on his Twitter account, writing that Wenzel was "arrested at the violent #antifa protest."

Ngo also posted a biography of Wenzel from the law firm where he works as a paralegal. In Twitter responses on the thread, users added threatening comments and more personal information about the Wenzels, including the names and ages of members of his extended family.

One comment read, "I'm writing a letter to his employer right now." Another wrote, "Divorce and custody court paralegal scumbag who isn't even smart enough to be an attorney. Lol."

The Wenzels quickly deactivated all their social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.

The next day, Phillip Wenzel received a voicemail threat on his cellphone from somebody named John in Michigan, who said, "I'll have you know I'm 7 foot and 280 pounds."

The Wenzels alerted their employers. On Aug. 18, three days after Ngo posted the mug shot, Phillip Wenzel's boss at Elizabeth Christy Law Firm sent him a letter that the firm had received 50 threatening or harassing communications since his arrest.

"Because you have chosen to engage in activism that has resulted in violence, physical injuries, and negative publicity for [the law firm], there is now a major distraction from the business we are doing, a threat to my ability to gain new business, and a threat to our employees' safety," Christy wrote in an email provided to WW.

Three employees, after learning of the firm's response to Wenzel's arrest, announced their resignation in support of him on Sept. 10, in a letter shared with WW. The firm told Wenzel in a Sept. 11 letter that he would be laid off effective Sept. 16, citing a loss of work leading to a reduction in staff. Elizabeth Christy, managing attorney at the firm, told WW in an email that the layoff had nothing to do with Wenzel's protesting.

Both Wenzels say they now suffer from anxiety. Wenzel shaved his beard to change his appearance and now wears a hat when he walks his dog.

April Epperson, who works at a Northeast Portland public school, is another protester who was arrested for disorderly conduct and interfering with a peace officer on Aug. 24 and was greeted that same day by a Ngo tweet sharing her mug shot and Facebook profile picture with part of the caption reading, "Like others recently arrest[ed], she works with children at an elementary school." Several commenters on the subsequent Twitter thread shared the name of the school.

On Aug. 29, an email arrived in her school inbox: Attached were her Facebook profile photo and a picture of a toad in a dress with a caption reading, "So fucking badass with your face covered? We can't wait to come to your employer and do the exact same fucking thing you do to cops!"

Epperson alerted the school about the email. That weekend, the school canceled a laptop distribution event scheduled the following Monday, Aug. 31. A school text blast sent to families read, "We are pausing [device distribution] for tomorrow. We will resume as soon as possible and alert you when that is. As a reminder, school grounds, including the playground, are closed."

Although the school did not explain its decision, Epperson believes the laptop distribution was postponed because of threats. (Portland Public Schools didn't respond to WW's request for comment.) Still, the messages continued. "The school started getting a bunch of phone calls and emails," Epperson says. "People emailed [some staff members] my mug shot and told them I was arrested."

One email, sent Sept. 1 from a secure email address using the name "Jennifer Hartless" and shared with WW, includes a screenshot of Ngo's tweet of Epperson's mug shot. The photo is captioned, "This type of behavior seems a little unbecoming for a school teacher. Are standards any higher than this?"

Tim Gleason, professor of journalism at the University of Oregon, says Ngo's posts of mug shots are dangerous because of his targeted audience.

"There's some legitimacy to a claim of informing the public. But we have a pattern with this individual that his interest is in provoking violent reactions and doxxing," says Gleason. "It's a particular subset of conservative Twitter, and he knows that's who he's talking to."

In his response to questions from WW, Ngo contends he is taking on violent criminals that other journalists are afraid to confront.

"If you feel that transparency and public right to know should be outweighed by arrestee rights to privacy, this is a complaint for the Legislature, not for journalists reporting in compliance with state and federal law," he said. "A better question would be, 'Why do some journalists feel compelled to hide the identities of suspected criminals from the public?' Another would be, 'Whose interests does the suppression of criminal arrest data serve?'"

Ragina Gray continues to attend protests, despite threatening messages she receives on Instagram and Twitter. She says she deletes them as soon as she gets them, but says "people are calling me a terrorist, calling me a n—–." And the messengers, she says, are "Mostly white men. All white men." she must be highly gifted...able to discern ethnicity by just reading text

Tweet

About Sophie Peel
Sophie Peel is a Portland native who earned a Journalism degree from Mercer University in Macon, Georgia in 2018. She was a Couric Fellow with National Public Radio in Georgia reporting on education, politics and poverty. She returned to Portland in the fall. Her hobbies include cooking, skiing, grocery shopping at overpriced stores and reading.

https://www.wweek.com/news/202...ive-twitter-account/

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post