SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This video goes back to the very beginning of events leading up to the kick in the head.
Same as above just with description of people and events.
Play by play video with description from Sunday night.

That contains the same raw video I just posted above you.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If you live stream your looting on Facebook, the police might arrest you. Even in Chicago

https://hotair.com/archives/ja...ooting-stores-video/

A woman has been arrested and charged after authorities said she posted Facebook Live videos of herself looting two stores a week ago Monday morning.

A tip to the Looting Task Force police set up after the chaos led to the arrest of Taeshia Rochon, 22, police said.

Rochon was charged with two felony counts of burglary and two felony counts of looting.

video at link

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Governor pushes back after Chicago mayor lays blame on Mississippi

JACKSON, Miss. —
Gov. Tate Reeves is pushing back after Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed Mississippi and other states for illegal guns in her city.

Chicago has been plagued by a spike in gun violence this summer that resulted in more homicides in July than any month in decades. Lightfoot has been in the national spotlight recently after President Donald Trump criticized how the city has handled the rash of violence. Lightfoot has appeared on MSNBC a number of times, including this week.

“Sixty percent of the illegal guns that come into Chicago every year are from out of state, from Indiana, from Mississippi, from other states that have lax gun laws,” Lightfoot said.
Reeves responded Wednesday on Twitter to an article published by Y’all Politics.

"What I would say to anyone who wants to blame Mississippians, the people of Mississippi, for the increase in crime in the city of Chicago, that doesn't pass the smell test," Reeves told 16 WAPT during a briefing. "It doesn't make sense. It's just, quite frankly a conspiracy theory that just doesn't work."

In an interview earlier this month with MSNBC, Lightfoot said the guns were crossing the border into Chicago from Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Lightfoot challenged Congress to pass a universal law for background checks and called for a ban on assault weapons.

“That’s a problem that we need federal leadership on. Every mayor that I know has worked hard, and I’m not different, to bring peace to our neighborhoods. As long as we have this proliferation of illegal guns that’s pouring in from outside of our borders, we are going to continue to fight an uphill battle,” Lightfoot said.

Jackson City Council President Aaron Banks is proposing a one-year moratorium on gun shows in Jackson. During that time, Banks would like the city to investigate how and if gun vendors are conducting background checks on people who buy firearms from gun shows.
LINK:https://www.wapt.com/article/governor-pushes-back-after-chicago-mayor-lays-blame-on-mississippi/33646534

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Dear Mayor Lightfoot:

You could have national background checks on everyone who purchases a firearm. It wouldn't cut back on your Chicago crime one iota.

Hint: Criminals don't follow the laws. Unless and until you focus on the person who pulls the trigger, you will never solve your violence problem.

And a (sarcastic) thought for jljones, post below this one. Maybe the Founders got it wrong in the Bill of Rights. If the Second Amendment protected the right to drugs rather than firearms, would that solve Chicago's crime and violence problem? But really, you make a good point.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
“Sixty percent of the illegal guns that come into Chicago every year are from out of state, from Indiana, from Mississippi, from other states that have lax gun laws,” Lightfoot said.
Reeves responded Wednesday on Twitter to an article published by Y’all Politics.

She’s absolutely correct. I’d say that the trace data probably shows it to be a higher number than that.

But,

What she isn’t saying is that those guns are STOLEN in the source states. Then transported to Chicago, Nashville and Memphis. Where they are traded for bulk drugs. Those drugs are then taken back to the source states and sold in those communities. A Glock 19 goes for about $2300 worth of meth in Chicago right now at a distributor level.

Those that aren’t stolen are straw purchases by local gang members and taken to Chicago and traded for drugs.

If it wasn’t for Chicago’s rampant drug problem, they wouldn’t have a gun problem.

Oh, another hint.....those that are doing straw purchases now....will pass “universal” back ground checks and the same guns will go to Chicago.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
In an interview earlier this month with MSNBC, Lightfoot said the guns were crossing the border into Chicago from Indiana, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Uh huh.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but...

A resident of Illinois cannot legally buy a handgun in another state without it being transferred via an FFL in IL.

A resident of Illinois can legally buy a long gun in another state from an FFL, providing the sale is consistent with the laws both in that other state and in IL.

A resident of Illinois cannot legally directly buy any firearm from a private seller in any other state.

Assuming I'm correct on all three counts: She's full of beans.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Governor pushes back after Chicago mayor lays blame on Mississippi....

Annual murders per 100,000 in the state of Mississippi- 12.7

Annual murders per 100,000 in:
South Chicago- 32.0
Chatham- 31.9
Avalon Park- 40.9
South Shore- 50.9

There's more, but we get the idea.

Mayor Lightweight, it isn't the guns.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've said it before, and I'll say it again-

LIGHTFOOOT IS A FUCKING IDIOT.

That twat is totally clueless and way over her "bald ass" head. Anything to fit the narrative, I guess. I'm surprised she hasn't came out and blamed President Trump for the guns.
At least she was able to place the blame for the recent looting on President Trump because of his COVID Response... I can't find the link for that conference. I'm at the point where I can't be armed around a tv or radio when that twat is on, I'll shoot the tv.

https://youtu.be/c5D5cyS0Xzg

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-recovered-illinois/

"The ATF numbers show 5,337 guns recovered in Illinois were traced and sourced as coming from Illinois.
Fourteen other states accounted for a total of 4,375 guns recovered in Illinois and traced to their source. Those states were Indiana, Missouri, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Iowa, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, and Michigan."...

She is still unwilling or unable to take ANY of the blame for the looting my City because of her inept leadership and pandering to the blm/sjw crowd.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what the hell is going on with the local "leadership" in some of these cities. The long-term effects of these riots are going to be crippling.

There's a few stores here in Chicago that are unable to re-open, others that are unwilling to re-open. Anything from the "Mom and Pop" shops to Macy's which occupies EIGHT floors in Water Tower Place.
That's a lot of revenue lost!

One estimate of the damage from last weeks shitshow was low balled at $60 Million, I'd honestly put it over $100 million. That's one night worth of looting. This is hitting a city that's already $700 million in the hole.

Someone is going to have to foot this bill.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
RE that longer video. How do people stay in places like that with roaming hordes of thugs? Was that two little girls that rode their bikes through the bedlam?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
The end result of identity politics and progressive policies is that you get people in power who are both unable and unwilling to do the job.

Hanlon's Razor - "Never attribute to malfeasance that which is easily explained by incompetence." In Lighfoot's case, she's both so its a toss up as to is she screwing up because she is a progressive asshole or is she just incompetent.

In the end reasons dont matter and cities like Chicago, Portland, Seattle, NYC are toast unless they elect some adults to run them.

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I have no idea what the hell is going on with the local "leadership" in some of these cities. The long-term effects of these riots are going to be crippling.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retired NYPD sergeant attacked in Garment District beatdown caught on video

https://nypost.com/2020/08/19/...t-district-beatdown/

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Para,
I emailed you a link to a video by Millie Weaver, who has been arrested. The video was released after her arrest. The video is Called “Shaddow Gate”. You tube has pulled it but I found it else where. I watched it all and it’s revealing. FYI It’s an hour and 22 minutes long. Great lengths to try to block this video from being seen.

The funny thing is that utube has pulled it for hate speech. An exposé of corruption in the gov't and by certain "private" organizations.

The amount of corruption is amazing to me now that my eyes are truly wide open.

Yeah that was funny to see that, but you can still find it at Brighton.com well worth the 1hr and 22 minutes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Good thing these assholes are documenting their tactics to review and prepare for.

They seem to thrive on documenting every detail in their bragging.

There's enough gleaned information, a small neighborhood can easily repel a large horde of them if they were organized and prepared with countermeasures.

Everything you need to know is contained in these videos.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

She’s absolutely correct. I’d say that the trace data probably shows it to be a higher number than that.

But,

What she isn’t saying is that those guns are STOLEN in the source states. Then transported to Chicago, Nashville and Memphis. Where they are traded for bulk drugs. Those drugs are then taken back to the source states and sold in those communities. A Glock 19 goes for about $2300 worth of meth in Chicago right now at a distributor level.

Those that aren’t stolen are straw purchases by local gang members and taken to Chicago and traded for drugs.

If it wasn’t for Chicago’s rampant drug problem, they wouldn’t have a gun problem.

Oh, another hint.....those that are doing straw purchases now....will pass “universal” back ground checks and the same guns will go to Chicago.

This has been the case in Indy where throughout this year (and last) there were a spate of break ins at LGS. Seemed like every week I was there they had a different break in....pretty sure all those guns weren't heading to Gary, unless that is just the staging area before Chi-Stan

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be so pissed at all this crap that I've actually had to isolate myself from news media and close myself off to people that are even remotely liberal. My blood pressure often goes up that I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I listen to radio calls of officers calling for help and I can't do a damn thing. When we actually have these Antifa/BLM assholes in front of me, I have to use all of my strength to not go ape-shit and beat the ever-loving crap out of them. I'm tired of having all sorts of shit thrown at me and my fellow teammates, we are often pelted with rocks, bricks, frozen water bottles and anything else they can find. Sooner or later a decision has to be made, all out war or complete surrender. I'm sick of the lack of leadership and the incompetence of most of these supervisors, most promoted beyond their capabilities. Chicago is the new Detroit, The Mogadishu Mag Mile or whatever name you want to give it, but this city is on the brink of total collapse and little Nero has fiddled long enough.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
What I really want to know is what will be the police's response to the friendlies defending their neighborhoods.

Will they stand by and let the community handle the trash, or follow orders to go in and charge the defenders of their own property as they have done to the McCloskeys?

We, the friendlies are on your side. We support you.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
That would probably depend on political pressure from above.

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
What I really want to know is what will be the police's response to the friendlies defending their neighborhoods.

Will they stand by and let the community handle the trash, or follow orders to go in and charge the defenders of their own property as they have done to the McCloskeys?

We, the friendlies are on your side. We support you.

read an article regarding a couple of "close knit" <<hand on nose>> Italian / Irish neighborhoods that blocked their roads and were armed with firearms ( In NYC...gasp) and it seemed the NYPD did very little
https://www.americanthinker.co...t.html#ixzz6VO04hRVu

In most sane states/counties/cities I can't imagine much being done as long as the neighborhoods cooperated with PD/EMS for access. I would think it would depend highly on the threat level, have there been attacks close of have the commies stated they would be "visiting" the neighborhood.

As a resident of the Great State of Texas I cannot imagine a McCloskey incident making it past being questioned by the police let alone having your firearms taken. I would think the same for Georgia and most of the southern/midwestern states...

Words I will never forget from my first ROE briefing by a JAG officer "I was in fear of my life and acted to neutralize the threat"

And IMHO (not a lawyer) clubs and molotov cocktails are lethal weapons...if you want to bring them to a gunfight have at it Wink

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post