SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the first step in the solution is to modify welfare

must be drug tested - every month - fail the test, kicked off welfare permanently

cap welfare at 10 months - one and done

have a kid while on welfare - kicked off permanently

lets get it back to what it was supposed to be - a short term helping hand and not a multi-generational lifestyle

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the first step in the solution is to modify welfare. . .

lets get it back to what it was supposed to be - a short term helping hand and not a multi-generational lifestyle

I have some some volunteer work, seems there are single mothers on welfare who intentionally get pregnant so that their welfare payments will go up.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Scoutmaster, say it isn’t so.... Wink

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Scoutmaster, say it isn’t so.... Wink

One in particular I am thinking of, when I was asked to help her work on self-reliance, moved to a different district, so she could restart her welfare cycle. (And, she had another baby.)

The point is, she feels she has a right to get money, but has no responsibility to follow rules of conduct; which is somewhat the same mindset as many of the rioters.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have some some volunteer work, seems there are single mothers on welfare who intentionally get pregnant so that their welfare payments will go up.

That is happening regularly. Don't believe it...go sit and watch your local child support court and see.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leviathan and Its Enemies

In America today, some lives matter more than others. Much more.

By Pedro Gonzalez • August 13, 2020

I guess I'm just stupid. I really don't get it. BLM and antifa would be no where without white support. The companies mentioned in the article are all run by whites apparently bent on committing veritable suicide.

How is it that these groups i.e. antifa, trans, etc wield so much power.

Maybe white folks have a yet to be discovered suicide gene?

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
It has nothing to do with any lives mattering. It’s just a way of pushing communism and reprogramming the public.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

That is happening regularly. Don't believe it...go sit and watch your local child support court and see.

And the child tax credit from Uncle IRS, on top of EIC

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
“Who do we protect? Black criminals.”

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/...t-black-criminals%2F

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
amazon is considering moving employees out of seattle. is it because of crud, city council tax decisions, riots or a combination of all the above?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...oyees-out-of-seattle

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
It has nothing to do with any lives mattering. It’s just a way of pushing communism and reprogramming the public.

Truth.

They've said it, themselves.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
quote:

Not sure I understand your point. I have seen it first hand here in CA.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Welfare, shmelfare. You guys are drifting the thread.

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Truth.

They've said it, themselves.

And they push their defacto communism under the guise of "rights", and "for the people".

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ocal-da-stands-down/

The Multnomah County District Attorney announced earlier this week that dozens of people arrested over almost three months of rioting in Portland, Oregon, will not be prosecuted, but as local officials stand down, federal prosecutors are taking on cases.

D.A. Mike Schmidt said his office would not prosecute rioters arrested unless the charges against them included property damage, theft or the use or threat of force against another person.

Willamette Week reported on the federal move to prosecute rioters, including Edward Thomas Schinzing, who was caught on camera setting fires inside of the Multnomah County Justice Center on May 29, 2020, the first night of protests in Portland:

It was a slam-dunk case for the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office: the destruction of county property caught on camera. And county prosecutors are pursuing indictments for 47 people on felony charges related to protests this year.

Schinzing was indicted July 28 on arson charges. But the county isn’t bringing the charges.

Instead, he’s being prosecuted by the U.S. attorney for Oregon—that is, the feds. He’s one of at least two protesters whose cases originated in the district attorney’s office that have now been taken up in federal court, according to Multnomah County Senior Deputy District Attorney Nathan Vasquez.

The Willamette Week report notes that the fires were set in buildings owned by the city and country, not a federal building that federal law enforcement are tasked to protect.

The report also said “the feds'” rationale for claiming jurisdiction was, “ Because Portland and Multnomah County are recipients of federal aid , including COVID relief funding, the federal government has authority to prosecute crimes on those properties.”

At a press conference on August 11, Schmidt did not dispute federal law enforcement’s jurisdiction in the Schinzing case

Former Multnomah County Chief Deputy District Attorney Norm Frink said that the feds’ involvement may seem unusual, but what is taking place in Portland is anything but usual.

“Yeah, it’s unusual. But the circumstances are even more unusual,” Frink told the news outlet. “It’s unusual that for 70-plus days, people have been permitted, with minimal law enforcement interference, to break the criminal laws over political animus.”

“That’s highly unusual,” Frink said. “It’s unsurprising to me that the only adult left in the room would exercise federal jurisdiction when he can.”

“It’s unlikely Portlanders will feel much pity for Schinzing, Willamette Week reported. “He remains in custody at the Multnomah County Jail, where he’s been held since July 2 following an arrest for violating parole after being convicted of assault this spring for attacking his domestic partner and her child.”

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seattle beer company defends anti-cop acronym on cans

https://nypost.com/2020/08/14/...cop-acronym-on-cans/

A Seattle beer company is brewing up controversy with an anti-police message on cans.

Michael Dempster — who owns Mirage Beer, which bills itself as a “farmhouse-focused” Puget Sound brewery — released a hoppy IPA in June called “Choosey Lover” that featured a stamp on the bottom of cans that read, “ACAB means all cops,” KIRO reports.

The acronym, which stands for “All cops are bastards,” is favored by some Antifa and Black Lives Matters protesters and has recently appeared at anti-police brutality demonstrations across the country — from Lower Manhattan to Portland, Oregon.

Mirage Beer

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Anytime I read Hoppy IPA, I automatically know it's trash.

It means they added so many flowers to the swill that it conceals the putrid.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the first step in the solution is to modify welfare

must be drug tested - every month - fail the test, kicked off welfare permanently

I've been a proponent of a cap/limit of SOME sort for YEARS, whether it be based on a length of time or a dollar amount. I'd say what sounds fair is either 24 months or $100,000. And then THAT'S IT! No more. IDGAS HOW many kids yo baby mama can punch out. IDGAS what COLOR you are. IDGAS what SEX you are or if you identify as tree bark.

It is truly sad that the people who have abused the system for so long, supported and perpetuated by MOSTLY Demotarded legislation, don't realize they've been chained in slavery to the gubmit's teat. I have a distant cousin who isn't worth a shit. Hasn't worked a day in her life since she was 17 years old. I was there the day she quit her last job at McDonald's...after working for 3 days.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Look five posts above yours. What do you see?

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
amazon is considering moving employees out of seattle. is it because of crud, city council tax decisions, riots or a combination of all the above?

I'm going to with "yes." They already told Seattle to stuff it when they went through this "head tax" nonsense about two years ago, and decided to take their operation to nearby Bellevue instead.

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Seattle beer company defends anti-cop acronym on cans

You left out the most interesting quotes from the article, where the owner says if you don't like it, their beer wasn't made for you, and he doesn't want Trump supporters buying his product. Also, the local bartender they interviewed who was proud of the brewer for taking a stand.

If you don't virtue signal hard enough out here, you get ostracized and shut out.

When we decided to move out here, this is not what I thought I was signing up for. In ten year's time, it has gone so far downhill so rapidly that I still can't really believe it. Sawant and her ilk are a cancer - chasing out businesses and spreading ire and discontent.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post