SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Utah County is rated the most conservative county in a top conservative State (forgive us for Romney. That was a fix.). The shooting in down town Provo in Utah county proved to me that it can and will happen anywhere ANTIFA fancies. We are all on the chopping block. ANTIFA vandals damaged property on the BYU campus in Utah County. BYU is a very conservative campus relatively speaking. These tantrum throwers are everywhere and it doesn't take much to ignite their ire. They cannot be reasoned with because they are full of sanctimony. When they strengthen their numbers and a frenzy is incited there id nothing they won't do. Mrs DF and I have learned a lot the past several weeks. We are acting accordingly.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Utah County is rated the most conservative county in a top conservative State (forgive us for Romney. That was a fix.). The shooting in down town Provo in Utah county proved to me that it can and will happen anywhere ANTIFA fancies. We are all on the chopping block. ANTIFA vandals damaged property on the BYU campus in Utah County. BYU is a very conservative campus relatively speaking. These tantrum throwers are everywhere and it doesn't take much to ignite their ire. They cannot be reasoned with because they are full of sanctimony. When they strengthen their numbers and a frenzy is incited there id nothing they won't do. Mrs DF and I have learned a lot the past several weeks. We are acting accordingly.

Sadly you make a good point. Seems they are targeting areas where their stink will gain the most attention. I guess I wonder if this behavior will be an ebb and flow pattern (although I believe such stink will increase in the coming years). Or is this the first wave of an incoming tempest.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Sadly you make a good point. Seems they are targeting areas where their stink will gain the most attention. I guess I wonder if this behavior will be an ebb and flow pattern (although I believe such stink will increase in the coming years). Or is this the first wave of an incoming tempest.

These people are learning they can escalate with few negative consequences. Being arrested isn't bad enough. They likely get out on bail paid by their financial backer and by the time it sifts through the court, the sentences are lenient. No, these punks need to suffer or they will escalate with increasing frequency and be outraged if anyone tries to impose negative consequence. This needed to be nipped in the bud. We missed that opportunity. Now we'll have to peel some scalps back.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:
In the global contest between democratic and authoritarian systems, the latter would love the former to descend to their binary level of capability to resolve ideological conflict. Which is why they are pushing internal divisions in the West, much more effectively now in the internet era than back during the Cold War. They rarely support a particular camp rather than playing both sides.

Well strike the last, apparently the 2020 campaign is the Russians vs. the Chinese and Iranians.

quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ODNI News Release No. 29-20
August 7, 2020

Statement by NCSC Director William Evanina: Election Threat Update for the American Public

On July 24, 2020, I issued a statement to the American public providing an unclassified overview of foreign threats to the 2020 election and offering basic steps to mitigate some of these threats. At that time, I pledged that the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) would continue to update the American public and other key stakeholders on the evolving election threat landscape, while also safeguarding our intelligence sources and methods.

Today, we are making good on that promise by sharing additional information with the public on the intentions and activities of our adversaries with respect to the 2020 election. This information is being released for the purpose of better informing Americans so they can play a critical role in safeguarding our election. Below is the latest public update:

------------------------

Ahead of the 2020 U.S. elections, foreign states will continue to use covert and overt influence measures in their attempts to sway U.S. voters’ preferences and perspectives, shift U.S. policies, increase discord in the United States, and undermine the American people’s confidence in our democratic process. They may also seek to compromise our election infrastructure for a range of possible purposes, such as interfering with the voting process, stealing sensitive data, or calling into question the validity of the election results. However, it would be difficult for our adversaries to interfere with or manipulate voting results at scale.

Many foreign actors have a preference for who wins the election, which they express through a range of overt and private statements; covert influence efforts are rarer. We are primarily concerned about the ongoing and potential activity by China, Russia, and Iran.

- CHINA – We assess that China prefers that President Trump – whom Beijing sees as unpredictable – does not win reelection. China has been expanding its influence efforts ahead of November 2020 to shape the policy environment in the United States, pressure political figures it views as opposed to China’s interests, and deflect and counter criticism of China. Although China will continue to weigh the risks and benefits of aggressive action, its public rhetoric over the past few months has grown increasingly critical of the current Administration’s COVID-19 response, closure of China’s Houston Consulate, and actions on other issues. For example, it has harshly criticized the Administration’s statements and actions on Hong Kong, TikTok, the legal status of the South China Sea, and China’s efforts to dominate the 5G market. Beijing recognizes that all of these efforts might affect the presidential race.

- RUSSIA – We assess that Russia is using a range of measures to primarily denigrate former Vice President Biden and what it sees as an anti-Russia “establishment.” This is consistent with Moscow’s public criticism of him when he was Vice President for his role in the Obama Administration’s policies on Ukraine and its support for the anti-Putin opposition inside Russia. For example, pro-Russia Ukrainian parliamentarian Andriy Derkach is spreading claims about corruption – including through publicizing leaked phone calls – to undermine former Vice President Biden’s candidacy and the Democratic Party. Some Kremlin-linked actors are also seeking to boost President Trump’s candidacy on social media and Russian television.

- IRAN – We assess that Iran seeks to undermine U.S. democratic institutions, President Trump, and to divide the country in advance of the 2020 elections. Iran’s efforts along these lines probably will focus on on-line influence, such as spreading disinformation on social media and recirculating anti-U.S. content. Tehran’s motivation to conduct such activities is, in part, driven by a perception that President Trump’s reelection would result in a continuation of U.S. pressure on Iran in an effort to foment regime change.

[...]

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/...-the-american-public

Posts: 2412 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are increasingly emboldened by lack of resistance and even encouragement from leftist political leaders. This could have been stopped from the beginning and now the only thing that will put a stop to this is to escalate force beyond anything they imagined.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Micheal J Matt editor of “The Remenant” puts what is all happening into a great commentary. This is about Davos and the great reset. Micheal Matt talks about DAVOS and their plans to reset to a global economy. The globalist are doing every thing they can to get control of our country, to do this they have to take down the United States. To take down the United States they have to take down our president who is a Nationalist.

DAVOS the great reset

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Neighborhood in or near Portland last night.
Homeowner armed with stunned look and flip-flops at 2 AM.
He was yelling, “Get the F#@$ out of here, this is private property”.

Protester looked back to see if anyone was watching before camera turned away.
I would guess the garage door was graffitied or he took a piss.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Notice how there’s CAMERAS always around? Off in the distance, not too far off, close enough to get a good shot at your face to prove it’s you, but far enough away as not to get hurt when the baseball bats and axe handles start swinging.

Almost like it’s planned...

(Note to self, pummel cameraman first...)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If that doesn't qualify as suburbs, what does? Naturally, they couldn't be in all or most suburbs, but to say it won't happen is simply not correct.

WOW, the news has been silent about this. I based my theory off Suburbia here. Perhaps they have knowledge of the more passive neighborhoods to go into.

Now the city council is reviewing the officers' actions.

Looks like next time the residents will be on their own or they will have orders to protect the terrorists from the residents.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50...-that-turned-violent

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not sure if posted (searched a few pages)
ted cruz has an interesting podcast, the one below with acting DHS sec Chad Wolf.
part where he describes "peaceful" protest.
the part that gets me:
https://youtu.be/CDsPAZgE_9Q?t=713

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:. . .

Now the city council is reviewing the officers' actions.

Looks like next time the residents will be on their own or they will have orders to protect the terrorists from the residents.. . .

I sure hope you are wrong about that. I have family not too far away from there.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Micheal J Matt editor of “The Remnant” puts what is all happening into a great commentary. This is about Davos and the great reset. Micheal Matt talks about DAVOS and their plans to reset to a global economy. The globalist are doing every thing they can to get control of our country, to do this they have to take down the United States. To take down the United States they have to take down our president who is a Nationalist.

Good video. Thanks for posting.
Yes, the attempt to take down Trump and overthrow the United States is much bigger than just the riots. The rioters are just being used as pawns. Ultimately, they will be cannon fodder.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in, perhaps, the safest city in Central Florida... Winter Park. The local PD has essentially !00% support of the community.

Being partially disabled and in close proximity to downtown, I keep my race 12 ready to hand, just in case.

Having read the news report of Antifa trying to burn down a Police building and trying to keep the human occupants inside, I have a serious question:

When you are in your home and see someone preparing an incendiary device to use on your home, at what point is use of deadly force justified?

I pray that this situation never happens. My inclination is to bring the threat to a halt.

Thoughts, please...

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ozarkwoods. Re: Micheal Matt video. That put all the bits and pieces together in one package, so to speak. Never heard of The Remnant before and will ck it out from time to time.

Posts: 518 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Micheal J Matt editor of “The Remenant” puts what is all happening into a great commentary. This is about Davos and the great reset. Micheal Matt talks about DAVOS and their plans to reset to a global economy. The globalist are doing every thing they can to get control of our country, to do this they have to take down the United States. To take down the United States they have to take down our president who is a Nationalist.

DAVOS the great reset

Thank you for the excellent video.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I live in, perhaps, the safest city in Central Florida... Winter Park. The local PD has essentially !00% support of the community.

Being partially disabled and in close proximity to downtown, I keep my race 12 ready to hand, just in case.

Having read the news report of Antifa trying to burn down a Police building and trying to keep the human occupants inside, I have a serious question:

When you are in your home and see someone preparing an incendiary device to use on your home, at what point is use of deadly force justified?

I pray that this situation never happens. My inclination is to bring the threat to a halt.

Thoughts, please...

That is an excellent question for your local prosecutor....

Each area is different and there is always some leeway when it comes to the law. In NC the local DA sent out his interpretation of carrying concealed in a car...specifically, in NC if a weapon is in plain view (on the dash) it is not concealed and you can’t get a ticket for it...if it’s under a towel in the passenger seat it is concealed...

Many laws are interpreted by the local DAs or Magistrates....

The cops work by their own use of force policy that differ by departments even when the laws are in black and white.

I might shoot the perp quicker than you because I have 20 years of experience as a cop and can articulate it better than you...or I might wait a little longer than you, because I used to be a cop and know they will drag it up when I go to court...

I would start really thinking of shooting someone with a Molotov cocktail when he:
1. Has it lit
2. Has his arm cocked back about to throw

If he’s in the street with it unlit, it is no harm to me....and he might be on his way to go “protest” elsewhere.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

I sure hope you are wrong about that. I have family not too far away from there.

The Salt Lake area is becoming full of RINOs like Romney who think they are "doing the right thing". Have you seen the AP stories KSL is pushing lately?

It is also becoming full of liberals like that council woman involved in the incident. A few weeks ago she knelt during the Pledge during the Cottonwood Heights council meeting. There are some middle class areas, but that town is full of multi-million dollar homes. It's surprising this kind if thing is happening there, but things are changing all over the valley.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I would start really thinking of shooting someone with a Molotov cocktail when he:
1. Has it lit
2. Has his arm cocked back about to throw

I've been thinking about this also, as I'm guessing it's the cheapest and most effective means these folks have for taking out a home, and I'm not sure I would be able to wait for #2. Once that sucker's lit, the decision to use it has been made. Maybe there's been situations where they get lit and folks just hang onto them for whatever reason, but really, it's akin to pulling the pin on a grenade and holding the spoon down: once it leaves your hand, be it thrown or dropped, it's going to do what it's intended to do. If it doesn't burst from being dropped, it can be picked up and thrown by another "protestor." If my house gets mobbed for being a suspected Trump voter, (you know, a Nazi?) and I see people lighting molotov cocktails, I think I'm going to have to assume that they intend to use them.

I'm sure that's a really ugly court battle just waiting to happen somewhere.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Protesters in Indianapolis point guns at drivers to stop them

Starts at about 30 sec mark.

http://www.tonykatz.com/2020/0...sts-in-indianapolis/

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the video above

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post