SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am constantly amazed that cops all across our country continue to work.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Brooklyn Center Mayor, does not think Police Officers necessarily need weapons.

Go ahead buddy.
Now is the time to bring in a Social Worker to lead the Police Department.
Let’s try that.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I am constantly amazed that cops all across our country continue to work.

Yeah me too. Unions need to be discussing massive groups of officers quitting. As LEO's we cant strike but we can quit en masse. Do it to get a seat at the table or we will lose QI, and any self respect we might have. If we don't the left will win. Its time for bold steps. There is too much at stake.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
The Arrest Warrant for Duante Wright.

Armed Robbery.
When will we learn whether or not, if there was a gun in the car?
Seemed obvious to me that he was going for something in the car.

That's a different warrant that he'd already been arrested for, but it certainly does add to the story, doesn't it? The lengths these people will go to downplay all the events leading up to the young man being shot will be amazing. The bottom line is his actions alone led to his outcome, but they will try to narrow the focus to only the point at which he was shot. All that will matter to them is the officer's mistake.

"Wright was arrested and later released on $100,000 bail. As a condition of his release, he was not to have contact with the victim or witnesses, had to refrain from drugs and alcohol, and could not possess a firearm.

Wright’s bail was revoked in July because he allegedly possessed a firearm and was not keeping in touch with his probation officer, according to documents obtained by Fox News.

The case was still pending when Wright was pulled over Sunday for having an expired license plate. Police then tried to arrest him on an outstanding warrant after failing to appear in court on charges that he fled from officers and possessed a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June."

Link

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Youtube will likely take this down soon.
It does not fit the preferred narrative.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt in Capitol riot won't face charges, Justice Department

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

The U.S. Capitol Police officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot will not face criminal charges, the Justice Department said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors determined there was insufficient evidence to support a criminal prosecutor against the officer, a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for D.C. said, according to NBC News 4.

The 35-year-old Babbitt was attempting to enter a broken window on a door into the Speaker's Lobby on the House side of the U.S. Capitol Building when she was shot, in a chaotic scene, captured on bystander video, that showed demonstrators trying to getting into the lobby, off the House floor, when members frequently gather.

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” the statement said.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Youtube will likely take this down soon.
It does not fit the preferred narrative.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8lxiEp9ic-8" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

How is that relevant? Let me answer - it isn't.

I'll say the deceased had no value to society and was breathing good oxygen and wasting it on himself but so what?

That kind of vid means squat on Sunday. The officers on scene didn't know any of that and it has no bearing on the outcome of Sunday even if they did.

The cop shouldn't be charged but she should have the civil snot sued out of her, the department and the city too however not criminal charges but hey, that's what the mob mentality wants.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Not surprised that nobody will be held responsible for the death of Ms. Babbitt. She was white, conservative, had a job and contributed to society.

I am surprised (not!) by Duantes video. Up until I saw it, based on the medias narrative, I thought he was working his way through school. So he could be a doctor and help people. Not really the case with him. Imagine that. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt in Capitol riot won't face charges, Justice Department

The U.S. Capitol Police officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot will not face criminal charges, the Justice Department said Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors determined there was insufficient evidence to support a criminal prosecutor against the officer, a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for D.C. said, according to NBC News 4.

The 35-year-old Babbitt was attempting to enter a broken window on a door into the Speaker's Lobby on the House side of the U.S. Capitol Building when she was shot, in a chaotic scene, captured on bystander video, that showed demonstrators trying to getting into the lobby, off the House floor, when members frequently gather.

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” the statement said.

So we cops can shoot unarmed trespassers? Hmmm, i guess I missed that in the police academy.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go ahead buddy.
Let’s try that.

I try to stay out of these conversations, but my God people. Wake up and remember that your votes have consequences.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
unfortunately it is seldom those that get elected pay the price...

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
“Unintended: A Theory of Taser / Weapon Confusion”

A Force Science Institute article about how it’s possible to confuse a TASER and a handgun. It states that there have been 18 such incidents reported since 2001, and includes this statement:
“We can observe in each of these cases that the officers drew the Taser with their dominant hand (the same hand an officer would routinely use to draw their firearm). This was apparently the case even when the officers conducted a cross draw.”

LINK

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Go ahead buddy.
Let’s try that.

I try to stay out of these conversations, but my God people. Wake up and remember that your votes have consequences.

Someone needs to show the Mayor the uncut video of the recent murder of New Mexico Trooper Darian Jarrott.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

So we cops can shoot unarmed trespassers? Hmmm, i guess I missed that in the police academy.

What would the secret service have done if this was the White House instead of the Capital? I’m ashamed the Capital Police let them get inside my Capital regardless of political ideology. There is no doubt secret and top secret information is inside of that building that should be protected. Would you feel the same way if the mob had been a bunch of Chinese members of the CCP?

So many people are letting their emotions get in the way of their ability to think. While Ms. Babbitt’s death is tragic, she is the victim of her own stupidity. Unarmed or not that group of idiots that stormed the Capital building could have done irreparable damage to our national security. Individuals get exponentially more stupid as large groups turn into mobs.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
So many people are letting their emotions get in the way of their ability to think. While Ms. Babbitt’s death is tragic, she is the victim of her own stupidity. Unarmed or not that group of idiots that stormed the Capital building could have done irreparable damage to our national security. Individuals get exponentially more stupid as large groups turn into mobs.

Anti-American Leftists Democrat’s HAVE done, and continue to do ‘irreparable harm’ to our national security! Roll Eyes

Ashli Babbitt was UNARMED!! Mad

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8786 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:

Anti-American Leftists Democrat’s HAVE done, and continue to do ‘irreparable harm’ to our national security! Roll Eyes

While being supported by a complicit media. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
quote:

While being supported by a complicit media. Roll Eyes

I'll just bet the media is glad that they're back to covering peaceful protests, as opposed to the attempted violent overthrow of our gov like in January.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is no doubt secret and top secret information is inside of that building that should be protected.

Not that the idiot didn't deserve to get shot but secret and TS information isn't just stored inside of a building in the open. There are various levels of security.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
So many people are letting their emotions get in the way of their ability to think. While Ms. Babbitt’s death is tragic, she is the victim of her own stupidity. Unarmed or not that group of idiots that stormed the Capitol building could have done irreparable damage to our national security. Individuals get exponentially more stupid as large groups turn into mobs.

Ashli Babbitt was UNARMED!!

I agree on both points. Breaching a window in a secured area of a building as important as our country’s Capitol building while a man being paid to protect it is pointing a gun at you, is stupid on epic proportions. I do not disagree that the loss of her life was tragic and in many ways should be remembered as the second “shot heard around the world”. I firmly believe that January 6th will be remembered as the exact point in time that this crisis capitulated and began a war to save the idea of America. If it was a BLM/Antifa commie I would feel the exact same way.

The lawlessness of the left and their ideology has done and continues to do irreparable damage to this country. Inciting the mob to storm the castle and the complete lack of resistance by the Capitol Police in charge of defending it was IMO by design. It changed the whole narrative of a stolen election and the massive fraud that took place during the election. It allowed the people trying to overthrow our government to turn the conversation to Trump and gave them fodder for another phony impeachment crusade. The unintended consequences of the Capitol mob and the tragic death of Ms. Babbitt, is that it displayed just how frightened these commies are of the people they intend to subjugate. Raising a standing army and surrounding their castle with fences and barbed wire. We continue to look like a third rate banana republic. They are terrified of us! They want to disarm us and subjugate us. They are now forced to go all in, trying to pack SCOTUS and proposing DC become a state. As a result, the Federal government is becoming less relevant as can be witnessed by the States pushing back. My fight is now at my state and local level. Benjamin Franklin famously said, “where Liberty is, there is my country”. I’ve moved away from the state I grew up in because the values shifted away from those that reside in my heart. I will do it again if my state does not fight the tyranny coming from the left and their desire to forcibly take over America. Let us not lose sight of this very fact. We are in a fight for our very existence. Our country is bifurcated into two ideologies that can not coexist. We are only as free as we allow ourselves to be.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dking271,

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
According to the Star Tribune, at least one city council member voted to oust Boganey from the job he’s held since 2006 not because he had done a bad job, or because he’d done anything wrong, but “because she feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him.”

“He was doing a great job. I respect him dearly,” Council Member Kris Lawrence-Anderson said, according to the Star Tribune. “I didn’t want repercussions at a personal level.”

Piece. of. Garbage.
If you are going to be on a board or a council, you are to put aside your own interests and consider what is best for the organization. If you are too much of a coward to do that, the correct action is to resign.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post