SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
There has been a community in the Bay Area where most of the stores on the main shopping strip have gated doors and windows, some extra security measures in the inside, due to the prevalence of shoplifting. And the prices are a little higher to cover the extra cost of operations.

The locals complain, unfair. Well, if you stop stealing, we can lower the prices.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
There is a Food Lion I used to shop at, at the city limits. And a housing project across the highway.

I kept noticing all the shopping carts had a huge round cylinder on the rear wheel.

I asked an employee what the object was on the carts "A Magnet" he told me. Go a certain distance from the store, the wheels lock.

Goblins were stealing carts till they did the magnets.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Walgreen's in my neighborhood has a San Francisco police officer stationed inside whenever they are open.

The Apple Store right next door also has an SFPD officer AND at least one private security guard in front of the store during business hours.

Prop 47 is a failed experiment and it has to go.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I was downtown Louisville yesterday. Looking like a third world country with a lot of really new plywood.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of grafitti as well?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I was downtown Louisville yesterday. Looking like a third world country with a lot of really new plywood.

Like Florida before a hurricane?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, no. That can’t be. The local TV stations have all assured me that the riots are over, and we are back to using bike lanes again for our commute into “Schweinfurt”. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hilarious part was all the buildings with plywood on the windows.

Except WHAS.

Wonder why their windows weren’t boarded up?

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Is it my imagination or has the media stopped talking about any riots? Or has the rioting and protesting stopped?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My belief, the regular folks are fed up and plan tired of this crap. We’ve become numb but now, oh so vigilant and bowing up.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/mrandyngo

This guy covers the riots which have been nonstop in Portland and other areas. He has links to livestreamers if you want to watch these things in real time.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/law-...-california-protest/

third video down, a thug pulls a gun and gets shot

Then BLM assholes get all spun up

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/law-...-california-protest/

third video down, a thug pulls a gun and gets shot

Then BLM assholes get all spun up

San Bernardino Roll Eyes Has some of the highest crime-rates in the entire state. If its not flat-brim jag offs in lifted trucks with over-sized Monster decals, its wanna be Chicano-thugs trying to live la vida loca. The desert does something to people.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
somewhat OT, but it fits into the utter lawlessness going on in DEM cities

https://hotair.com/archives/jo...-strip-shelves-bare/

San Francisco: A String Of Drug Stores Close After Shoplifters Strip The Shelves Bare

I heard about it from LEO friends a few days before the release. They were constantly driving back n'forth into the valley to Patterson where they spent several weeks sorting, organizing, and cataloging all the evidence. You could outfit a couple of stores with how much merchandise was stolen, its crazy.

Most of the theft was in SF and Oakland, with a handful of activity along the Peninsula; due to far-left DA's that are extraordinarily lenient to prosecute in those counties, the case was organized by the CHP and the prosecution lead was handled by San Mateo DA office.

Very few news organizations carried the story, and all failed to connect the dots to all the ran-sacked Walgreen's and CVS stores during the riots in June.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing story!

Shows how brilliant Prop 47 is working!

What a business model!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Did you go to a UL men's basketball practice?

quote:

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
quote:

No, no. That can’t be. The local TV stations have all assured me that the riots are over, and we are back to using bike lanes again for our commute into “Schweinfurt”. Roll Eyes

Pig path? Is this an area in L'ville?

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Is it my imagination or has the media stopped talking about any riots? Or has the rioting and protesting stopped?

Of course the media stopped talking about the riots. All of the civil unrest was hurting Joe Biden and helping Trump. So with a snap of the fingers the riots have ceased and Covid is raging again. Of course nothing has changed, it’s just that the media only covers things that can hurt Trump.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As to the San Fran drug stores being cleaned out, they have a radical liberal, communist type, DA who promised not to prosecute minor crimes, etc. Chesa Boudi:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...francisco-s-n1101071

"Like his peers on the left, Boudin ran on a platform of ending "mass incarceration," eliminating cash bail, creating a unit to review wrongful convictions and refusing to cooperate with Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, as well as prosecuting ICE agents who violate so-called sanctuary city laws. He also wants to move the district attorney's office away from prosecuting prostitution and minor quality-of-life crimes to focus, instead, on taking on corporations and prioritizing the most serious offenses."

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Of course the media stopped talking about the riots. All of the civil unrest was hurting Joe Biden and helping Trump. So with a snap of the fingers the riots have ceased and Covid is raging again. Of course nothing has changed, it’s just that the media only covers things that can hurt Trump.

COVID now mysteriously has taken the media's center stage. We are now seeing media talking points like the "worst average on a Monday since the crisis began". Next, surely will be the worst 3 O'clock numbers on a 22nd day of the month that we've ever seen.

AS long as you have people falling for it, it'll continue. There are people here that are still falling for it, and even worse, they are proud of it.

When Trump wins reelection, COVID will be forgotten and the media will turn back to the riots.

They are walking/talking examples of if something doesn't work, try it harder and faster.

www.opspectraining.com