SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Gun owners and first time gun buyers typically do not vote Democrat. For the first time in my voting life this is the only election widespread violence has been openly roaming the streets of many major cities. Mr. and Mrs. suburbia for the first time are in actual physical fear for their lives and property. I did a little search yesterday and typed in Nancy Pelosi says riots and looting must stop. All you get back are links to articles of Pelosi attacking Trump for saying he is going to send in the feds to stop the violence in the cities if they do not take care of it themselves.

The Democrats are linked to and own these riots. The Republicans and Trump in particular are the only voices to be heard speaking out and taking effort to stop it. The rioting and burning of cities is a much more real fear than the covid. You can see it, hear it and smell it. Anything the Covid did to hurt Trump at the ballot box the riots will help him at the ballot box ten fold.

These draconian governors are driving more of their constituents to vote Republican and handing Trump their states. One of two things are going to happen in November. A crushing Trump landslide or this election will be openly stolen and a open civil war ensues.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-police-chiefs-home/

A large group of “aggressive” protesters swarmed Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best’s Snohomish County home over the weekend, the police chief confirmed in an August 2 letter addressed to members of the Seattle City Council, detailing the incident.

Dozens of vehicles lined the road as roughly 200 protesters, “mostly white men and women in their twenties,” gathered in the neighborhood to protest, according to the Lynwood Times. The protesters wore masks and held signs reading, “Black Lives Matter.”

The outlet reported that protesters “shouted profanity and insults at neighbors, took license plate information on vehicles, took pictures of homes, and asked little kids who lived in the neighborhood what schools they attended.”

Some demonstrators attempted to head to Best’s residence (she was not at home at the time) but were stopped by neighbors, who “established a perimeter to protect her [Best’s] home from possible mischief.”

“I feel incredibly unsafe,” one neighbor, who predicted that it will “happen again,” told the paper.

“Their objective was not completed; they never made it to her house, we stopped them … so we think they will be back,” the neighbor added.

Another resident detailed the nature of the protesters to the outlet, describing them as “very organized.”

“They had radios, talking to each other. They had numbers they used to decal all their cars for who knows what. So, they were identifying all their vehicles individually by number. They came with a mission. … They were out here intimidating us,” the individual said, according to the Lynwood Times.

“My neighbors were concerned by such a large group, but they were successful in ensuring the crowd was not able to trespass or engage in other illegal behavior in the area, despite repeated attempts to do so,” Best wrote in an August 2 letter to the Seattle City Council.

Best told the council that the local police sheriff is “monitoring the situation,” which Snohomish County Sheriff Adam Fortney affirmed in a statement to the Lynwood Times.

“I assured her [Best] that the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office would deploy whatever resources were necessary to protect her, her family, and her property,” Fortney said.

Best, in the letter, urged the council to “stand up for what is right” and condemn the actions of such demonstrators.

The weekend protest in Best’s neighborhood, and the police chief’s subsequent letter, follow the Seattle City Council’s move to slash police department funding and create a “civilian led department of community safety & violence prevention.”

Best said the initial proposal — to slash police department funding by 50 percent — would “decimate public safety for the city of Seattle.”

“And the real tragedy of doing that is that we will lose 1,100 employees. That’s 50 percent of our total workforce,” she said during a July appearance on KTTH’s Jason Rantz Show.

“Because most of our budget is made up of our personnel costs, and it would be a tragedy,” she added. “I think that it’s the height of recklessness for them to decimate public safety for the city of Seattle without being thoughtful and encouraging public engagement on this issue.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best is a black woman. She wrote:

These direct actions against elected officials, and especially civil servants like myself, are out of line with and go against every democratic principle that guides our nation. Before this devolves into the new way of doing business by mob rule here in Seattle, and across the nation, elected officials like you must forcefully call for the end of these tactics.

The events of this summer were initiated in a moment of grief and outrage over the murder of George Floyd by Minneapolis police officers and so many other Black and Brown people suffering at the hands of injustice. All of us must ensure that this righteous cause is not lost in the confusion of so many protestors now engaging in violence and intimidation, which many are not speaking against.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

violence and intimidation. Did you ever live for decades in a poor inner city neighborhood ? I did. Violence and intimidation is a common experience.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barley:...
(excerpt from the article you posted)

... My friend’s father owns a gun range near me and she said he’s seen a huge amount of liberals coming in to purchase weapons in recent weeks.

How does he know they’re liberals? ...

If a few LGS either with "Youtube/Twitter" accounts and other venues could video some of these encounters as well as ask for "interviews" with those new purchasers from the left side of the center line and posted them in a "non-agenda" (as far as that can be taken), and ask those folks to share with their demographic, it might wake up a few more.

Just a few drops more.

The ocean is full of tiny drops of water.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
“I assured her [Best] that the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office would deploy whatever resources were necessary to protect her, her family, and her property,” Fortney said.

So the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will do what she and Seattle won't.

quote:
"Dozens of vehicles lined the road as roughly 200 protesters, “mostly white men and women in their twenties,” gathered in the neighborhood to protest"

Oppressing political views. These aren't spontaneous protests it's Organized Crime \ Racketeering. These thugs are the KKK of today and should be treated as such.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barley:
A lot of first time buyers are experiencing crazy firearm purchasing laws as well.

The main problem now especially in CA where they have extremely limited models of handguns to choose from to begin with, is that the prices have skyrocketed for available handguns. There are anecdotes about $1500 used Gen3 Glocks, perhaps the most in demand guns right now in CA.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Another iteration of "rules for thee but not for me," I believe.
Jesus, that's twice on one page that you guys used this worn-out saying. Can you at least be original?

You're oversimplifying something which is not at all simple. You have a cross-section of the American public buying firearms for the first time, and when you spout this "rules for thee" stuff, you make all those people out to be rabid leftists. Honestly, do you really think the world is black and white? It's ironic that you're applying leftist behavior to all those people when you yourself are thinking like a leftist.

Can you consider the possibility that minds have been changed in all this mess?

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://www.news-journalonline...holly-hill-gun-store

https://youtu.be/ZjiwkNMocUo <----Cool survival instructional video

Shooting suspect arrested outside Holly Hill gun store
By y Frank Fernandez
@frankfff
Posted Jul 22, 2020 at 9:58 AM
Updated Jul 23, 2020 at 4:03 PM

Shooting suspects arrested at Florida Gun Exchange, deputies said.

A shooting suspect from Brevard County was arrested on Tuesday outside the Florida Gun Exchange in Holly Hill. Deputies found an AK-47 and two loaded 30-round magazines and a 75-round drum magazine in his car, according to a release from the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office.

Clifton Allen, 19, of Mims, who was a suspect in a shooting a day earlier in Brevard County, was arrested on a warrant for aggravated assault with a firearm.

Zamarie Daniels, 19, of Palm Bay, was arrested on a Brevard County warrant for fleeing or attempting to elude law enforcement. Daniels was driving the Honda, a report said.

Allen is being held without bail at the Volusia County Branch Jail while Daniels is being held on $30,000 bail.

The Brevard County Sheriff’s Office Game Over Task Force had Allen and three others under surveillance as they traveled about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in Holly Hill in a black Honda Accord, the release said.

They had already been in the gun store once but left , drove around and returned, wrote Andrew Gant, a spokesman for the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, in an email.

Once they returned, they were arrested without incident after they parked at the gun store and were surrounded by deputies as Air One flew overhead, a video showed.

Deputies found the AK-47 along with two loaded 30-round magazines and a 75-round drum magazine in plain view inside the Honda.

Immediately after the arrests, Lt. Cody Cochran, spotted a stolen 2020 Chevrolet Silverado passing the Florida Gun Exchange. Cochran recognized the Silverado from a recent alert issued out of Putnam County.

He followed the truck undetected until it parked and then that driver was arrested without incident. The driver was, charged with grand theft of a motor vehicle and driving with a suspended license.

Edited to add: See what happens when you comply with police instructions? You don't get shot, you don't get eaten, and you can still breathe.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry When They Discover Their Own Gun Control Laws

"As a gun-owner who formerly abhorred the Second Amendment, I can personally testify to the fact that most people who believe they are anti-gun are actually just anti-stupid. They just don’t realize they’re projecting their own stupidity onto law-abiding gun owners."

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2020/04/10/815520/

Projecting...It's what do-gooder Leftist Democrats do! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, there are no politically-neutral people buying guns for the first time? There are no people now buying guns for the first time who have simply have had no interest in firearms, and therefore will be ignorant of existing gun laws and regulations? It can't be this? It has to be that these people have never purchased a firearm because they're a leftist?

You guys want to explain to me how the gunstore counter guy can determine the political ideology of all these new buyers?

You do yourself a disservice with these assumptions and this pessimism.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Indirectly.

No death by cop and subsequent riots from this incident.

And I think people like this young gangbanger/drugtrader are/will be sources of armed violence in up coming riots.

Deleted the second post

Edited:

I'll replace it, to avoid the confusion. Sorry, and I'll do better.

https://spacecoastdaily.com/20...ault-with-a-firearm/

BREVARD COUNTY SHERIFF WAYNE IVEY: Deputies responded Monday to the area of Myrtle Ave., Mims, reference to a shooting investigation. Upon arrival, Deputies located several rifle casings in the roadway and made contact with two victims who reported their house was shot at by 19-year-old Clifton Jerome Allen of Mims who had fled the scene prior to our Deputy’s arrival. (BCSO image)
BREVARD COUNTY • MIMS, FLORIDA – Deputies responded Monday to the area of Myrtle Ave., Mims, reference to a shooting investigation.

Upon arrival, Deputies located several rifle casings in the roadway and made contact with two victims who reported their house was shot at by 19-year-old Clifton Jerome Allen of Mims who had fled the scene prior to our Deputy’s arrival.

While it was unknown as to why Allen would shoot at the victim’s house, the victims believed it was over a dispute concerning their adult son.

Agent Jamie McGowan of our North Precinct responded to the scene and was able to establish probable cause for the arrest of Allen based on witness statements and physical evidence left at the scene.

Agent McGowan drafted an arrest warrant for Allen for the charges of two counts of Aggravated Assault with a Firearm, Discharging a Firearm into a Residential Property, and Improper Exhibition of a Firearm.

On Tuesday, Agents with the North Precinct General Crimes Unit and GAMEOVER Task Force observed Allen exiting a residence in Mims.

Allen, along with three other individuals entered a vehicle and drove to a gun store in Volusia County where our Agents, with the assistance of the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office, took Allen into custody without incident.

Barefoot Bay 18-Year-Old Charged with Second-Degree Murder After Deadly Shooting at Palm Bay Park
RELATED STORY:
Barefoot Bay 18-Year-Old Charged with Second-Degree Murder After Deadly Shooting at Palm Bay Park
The rifle suspected to have been used by Allen during the shooting incident on July 20, 2020, was located in the vehicle and the investigation further determined that Allen was in the process of purchasing four handguns and ammunition at the Volusia County Gun store.

Thanks to the great work of our Deputies, Agent McGowan, our GAME OVER Task Force and our partnership with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office Allen was subsequently transported to the Volusia County Jail on a $76,000 bond pending extradition to Brevard County.

Please join me in thanking everyone involved in the investigation and apprehension of this dangerous suspect for all they do to keep our community safe.

If anyone has any information on this case or similar incidents concerning Clifton Allen is asked to please contact Agent Jaime McGowan of the North Precinct General Crimes Unit at (321) 264-5210.

– Sheriff Wayne Ivey

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now, see, you deleted your post, so I deleted mine. If you had left that post in place, we wouldn't have this segment of the thread which is now going to confuse members.

This is a reccent trend- I ask a question about a post, the member who posted it, deletes it. Makes me look like I'm talking to myself, or it creates a confusing spot in the thread, such as what we have here. It would be nice if you guys would stop doing this, and simply respond to my query. If the post needs to be deleted, it can be done after you answer my question.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-police-chiefs-home/

A large group of “aggressive” protesters swarmed Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best’s Snohomish County home over the weekend, the police chief confirmed in an August 2 letter addressed to members of the Seattle City Council, detailing the incident.

The SUV's appear to be private security unless, there's a handful of neighbors that are in-the-business

Antifa showed up in Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best's neighborhood. They were driven away by residents.

These black-clad, skinny jean, hoodie-wearing children will be back, in greater numbers at a future date with their middle-aged, Wall of Mothers to provide cover for them. Hopefully, they've been tailed, licensee plates, residences, places of employment will be exposed and they'll be the ones looking over their shoulders.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thought this might be an interesting image...

this is what we are dealing with, the mentality of the people

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Para - Not sure if your latest post(s) are in reference to mine regarding 'projecting' but first let me say that I agree with everything you've posted here.

As to whether this is related to the riots, I'd say NOT directly related, but at least somewhat related. The 'redstate' article posted seems to have caused the discussion to veer off topic a bit, but the portion of that article I quoted jumped out at me and has broad far reaching validity IMO. My reference to 'do-gooder Leftist Democrats' is not necessarily related to first time gun buyers (that may or may not be democrats, and most assuredly not limited to that group), but rather that in seemingly all cases, or at least the overwhelming majority, the policies espoused by 'Leftist Democrats' are in response to what they either would do, or ARE doing! As a result they think everyone would do the same, or are guilty of doing so, and therefore 'projecting' their own weaknesses and/or guilt on the rest of us, while diverting attention from themselves.

My apologies if I've contributed to leading the discussion further off topic.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8883 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Antifa showed up in Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best's neighborhood. They were driven away by residents.

Hoodlum: We are peaceful, you pointed a gun at my face!

Lady: That's why you're peaceful!

Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think that reconciliation -- in their minds -- will be fairly simple:

I think you may be missing the even simpler (and more nutty) possibility of blaming the need for a gun on the handling of so many coincident challenges this year by those in office who they don't like. IOW, because Trump sent scary feds to Portland and my neighborhood is under siege, I have to buy a gun to protect myself. Not because of the criminals roaming about, but because the bad man made them go into the streets by sending his scary henchmen.

I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm not even saying it won't make your head hurt, but there has got to be a segment of the new purchasers who are just that crazy based on what other behaviors we've seen.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Para - Not sure if your latest post(s) are in reference to mine regarding 'projecting' but first let me say that I agree with everything you've posted here.
I'm addressing anyone who thinks they can pigeonhole all these new gunowners as being "liberals".

In this entire dreary mess, the number of new gun owners is one of the few bright spots. We always talk about the value "educating" non-gun owners as to their Second Amendments rights and the value of firearms ownership. Well, school's in session.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Last week, the BLMers marched into a trendy shop/restaurant area east of downtown (known as NuLu) and DEMADED that shop owners and restaurants have a 23% black employment of staff, “or else” (think of Don Corleone making an offer that can’t be refused). Not setting well with the shop owners/restauranteurs.

I looked into this, and holy shit. Mafia tactics. Rico incoming.

https://www.scribd.com/documen...u-Demands#from_embed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-mafia-tactics.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of punch out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Last week, the BLMers marched into a trendy shop/restaurant area east of downtown (known as NuLu) and DEMADED that shop owners and restaurants have a 23% black employment of staff, “or else” (think of Don Corleone making an offer that can’t be refused). Not setting well with the shop owners/restauranteurs.

I looked into this, and holy shit. Mafia tactics. Rico incoming.

quote:

REPERCUSSIONS of NON-COMPLIANCE
Failure to accept and adhere to this contract will result in the following measures:

-Reduction in Racial Index Score/bias report to the Better Business Bureau.
-Social Media Blast: Notification, via all social media platforms, of non-compliance
-Boycott: Public boycott, coordinated through social media and mail announcements, of your NuLu establishment AND any other business ventures owned by you.
-Protest: Visible, media-covered demonstration/sit-in outside your establishment.
-Invasive Reclamation: Placement of booths/tables outside your establishment where competing Black proprietors will offer items comparable to those offered by you.

https://www.scribd.com/documen...u-Demands#from_embed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We are more concerned with American Idol than we are with American Security and freedom..."

Posts: 3830 | Location: Land of the Prius... | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In this entire dreary mess, the number of new gun owners is one of the few bright spots. We always talk about the value "educating" non-gun owners as to their Second Amendments rights and the value of firearms ownership. Well, school's in session.

“A Conservative is a Liberal Who’s Been Mugged.” —

A lot of them have been mugged by reality.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post