SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ well not exactly Roll Eyes

Bail Reduced

LANCASTER, Pa. —
Judges have reduced the $1 million bail for nine of the people charged with rioting overnight Sunday in Lancaster following the fatal police shooting of Ricardo Munoz.

The men and women appeared Thursday morning on a TV monitor before a Lancaster County judge and a magisterial district judge.

Several defendants petitioned the court to lower their bail. Others had their bail reviewed by the judge who set the initial bail conditions.

Kathryn Patterson and Taylor Enterline, both 20, were given $50,000 unsecured bail. That means they will be released and only have to pay if they fail to show up in court.

Prosecutors said others had higher culpability, including 29-year-old Lee Wise, 18-year-old Talia Gessner and 23-year-old Yoshua Montague. Gessner and Montague will have to put up some money to be released. Wise will be on house arrest.

Barry Jones, 30, and Dylan Davis, 28, also have unsecured bail but will be on house arrest.

Jamal Newman, 24, had a previous parole violation. His bail was reduced to $100,000, which must be paid in full to be released from prison.

T-Jay Fry, 28, must pay a full $25,000. Police said he had a bullhorn and was telling the crowd to "burn it down" and "stand your ground." He said he was arrested the next day, and it was a case of mistaken identity.

A stipulation in each case is that if released, the individuals must remain under supervision and can't go within one block of the Lancaster police station.

Lancaster Stands Up responds
Lancaster Stands Up responded to the changes in bail for the people who were arrested.

Members of the group, as well as the ACLU and city leaders, gathered at Faith Tabernacle Church.

“It now is obvious to everybody that the $1 million bail that was set was not to serve justice but was set to punish,” said Eliza Booth, of Lancaster Stands Up.

“The existing system of cash bail is discrimination against poor people,” Lancaster City Council President Ismail Smith Wade-El said.

Lancaster Stands Up said the original high bail amounts were politically motivated attacks on the movement for police reform and accountability.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
In the current environment, I think anyone released on a rioting charge should be placed under house arrest and tethered. Immediate revocation of bond if you leave the house or participate in planning or communication about future riots.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
And another view of same story with a few more relevant details.

Arrests in Lancaster PA

Judges on Thursday dramatically reduced bail for nine of the 13 people arrested for rioting during Sunday night protests in Lancaster, Pa.

District Court Judge Bruce Roth had set bail as high as $1 million for some of the protesters, which some civil rights groups called excessive. Lt. Gov. John Fetterman went so far as to call the bail amounts "blatantly unconstitutional."

People chant during a protest at the scene of a police shooting on Laurel Street and Union Street in Lancaster city on Sunday, Sept. 13, 2020.
People chant during a protest at the scene of a police shooting on Laurel Street and Union Street in Lancaster city on Sunday, Sept. 13, 2020. (LancasterOnline via AP)

Bail for two defendants was slashed from $1 million to $50,000 unsecured, clearing the way for their release pending trial, LNP reported. One of them was Kathryn Patterson, 20, a Kappa Delta sorority sister and "ally" of a Black rights organization.

In other cases, defendants will still need to post bail ranging from $25,000 to $100,000, which means they may have to come up with a portion of it in cash to pay the bail bondsman.

The charges stem from unrest over the shooting by police of Ricardo Munoz, a 27-year-old Lancaster man who was wielding a knife after his sister sought to have him committed for mental health treatment.

Police body camera video that was made public shows Munoz brandishing the knife before the officer fatally shot him. Munoz had been awaiting trial on allegations he stabbed four people last year.

The charging documents filed by police over the demonstrators' actions described them all as instigators, which defendants' family members and supporters have in some cases hotly denied.

The protests Sunday night and early Monday were followed by rioting that caused damage to Lancaster's police headquarters and other downtown buildings. An arson fire blocked a downtown intersection.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That is about as dumb as anything else I have seen throughout this non-sense. Idiot running his mouth while people and some with children out trying to enjoy themselves.
Those of you that think this is cool or ok need to reset yourself. This helps nothing and is just plain dumb. What a jack ass. I could only take about 20 seconds of it.

Yeah, nobody should push back against all the BLM/ANQUEEFA assholes. Just sit back and let them push us around. Great Plan! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is a ridiculous statement. I never suggested that. Not even close. But that idiot doing what he was doing was doing it for his self gratification. And made a complete ass of himself. From what I saw in the few short seconds I watched those people were not doing anything. And to suggest that because they live in a particular area they are part of this stupid problem is silly. I am out.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
That is a ridiculous statement. I never suggested that. Not even close. But that idiot doing what he was doing was doing it for his self gratification. And made a complete ass of himself. From what I saw in the few short seconds I watched those people were not doing anything. And to suggest that because they live in a particular area they are part of this stupid problem is silly. I am out.

Yes of course... Rioters killing people, setting fires, destroying businesses and people’s livelihoods.

Then, one guy out of probably millions of people who’s frustrated with this whole situation. This one guy decides to exercise his free speech his own way peacefully... Yeah, let’s crap on him.

Had you actually watched the entire video you would have seen the people who tried to sneak up behind him and hit him with a skateboard. But, no... don’t blame THEM... Crap on the one dude standing up to a bunch of libtards who are actively planning vote in more commies. Brilliant!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
When Trump is re-elected, we will have a to squash quite a few of these turds to quiet them.

there may not be much choice. it's becoming clear that the left intends to attempt seizing power by force even if they lose the election.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Reward in LASD Shooting Now Stands At $675,000

I can't imagine that no one but the shooter knows who committed this crime. Someone knows who did this shooting and sooner or later, they're going to realize they'll never again have a chance for this kind of money. The problem, though, is that if the reward keeps increasing, the person who knows may keep waiting for the pot to get larger, unless they think someone else may beat them to it.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The LA sheriff challenged LeBron James to match the initial reward money of $100K...so far I do not think he has responded. I did not expect him too.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Norah O'Donnell (CBS):

“The protests in late spring were mostly peaceful , but damage from looting and arson will cost $1 to $2 billion in claims .

That’s according to the Insurance Information Institute. And that would eclipse the previous high, the 1992 riots that followed the acquittal of four officers in the beating of Rodney King,”

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...otests-looting-arson

Axios:

damage caused by "riots and civil disorders” from May 26 through June 8 would cost insurance companies between $1-2 billion.

Insurance Information Institute (or Triple-I) compiles information from a company called Property Claim Services (PCS), which has tracked insurance claims related to civil disorder since 1950, and other databases.

The last time PCS compiled insurance losses for a “civil disorder event” was 2015, when riots erupted in Baltimore after Freddie Gray died from a neck injury in police custody. But those riots did not even accrue $25 million in damages.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

26 May to 8 June (2 weeks)

https://washingtonguardian.org...om-looting-and-arson

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man Arrested After Allegedly Attacking Attendees Of Aliso Viejo, California Trump Rally

https://losangeles.cbslocal.co...o-viejo-trump-rally/

ALISO VIEJO (CBSLA) — A 33-year-old man has been arrested after allegedly attacking a number of people at a Wednesday night rally held in support of President Donald Trump in Aliso Viejo.

“He took his hand way back like he was going to punch me, and [he] hit me right across the face,” 84-year-old Donna Snow said. “Broke my earrings off.”

According to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, a retired police officer then got involved and pulled his gun as the man attempted to run from the scene.

Another person at the rally was knocked to the ground by the man while trying to help others, and a third victim was taken to a local hospital with a neck injury.

According to the sheriff’s office, Alvin Gary Shaw was taken into custody on suspicion of elder abuse, assault with a deadly weapon and assault and battery after allegedly attacking three people in attendance.

Officials said Shaw was armed with a knife, which deputies said they found in a nearby bush, and was fighting with Trump supporters.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Reward in LASD Shooting Now Stands At $675,000

I can't imagine that no one but the shooter knows who committed this crime. Someone knows who did this shooting and sooner or later, they're going to realize they'll never again have a chance for this kind of money. The problem, though, is that if the reward keeps increasing, the person who knows may keep waiting for the pot to get larger, unless they think someone else may beat them to it.

Those in the hood know who the shooter is. But the hood code of silence is stronger than $675,000. That's why investigations go nowhere even if the victims are in the hood.

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Can ANYTHING be done with these district attorneys that are releasing this scum with no charges filed?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Can ANYTHING be done with these district attorneys that are releasing this scum with no charges filed?

Gov. Parson (R-MO), tried to fix a problem with backlogged murder cases in St. Louis City where the infamous Kim Gardner is Circuit Attorney. It was proposed that the State AG would be able to prosecute St. Louis City murder cases in some instances. The bill passed in the state senate but not in the house. If you can't get the votes for legislation proposed to fix problems with murder prosecutions, good luck with fixes for any lesser crimes.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NJ police hunt for gunmen who fired at home of Camden cops, newborn

https://nypost.com/2020/09/18/...s-and-their-newborn/

New Jersey cops at home with their newborn baby were “targeted” by gunmen who riddled the house with bullets — just the latest attack on police officers across the country, authorities said.

The husband-and-wife cops and their 10-day-old girl escaped injury when six rounds ripped into their house in Camden — with two slugs tearing through the front door, Camden Police Chief Joseph Wysocki said.

Investigators haven’t uncovered a motive for the unprovoked shooting, but it’s “very common knowledge” that the two Camden County officers live there, Wysocki said.

“I do know that this is a targeted attack against this residence where the officers reside,” Wysocki said during a Thursday night news conference.

“The attack on our officers was an affront to the department and will not be tolerated.”

The male officer, who’s listed as the owner of the Clinton Street residence, told The Post he was “not commenting at this time” when reached by phone Friday morning.

Payroll records show the husband joined the force in December 2016 and his wife was sworn in in July 2019, according to payroll records.

The Camden chief said of the attack, “It hurts.”

“I have 400 officers, everybody is hurt at this time and there is a lot of anxiety. I’m not going to let three people or four people like change what’s going on in Camden,” he said.

“Everyone is investigating this and helping us to bring these thugs in to justice. We are going to catch them, and we are going to bring them in,” Wysocki added. “Ten days before this incident, they had their first baby together and started a family.”

Investigators found seven empty shell casings in front of the home and identified a 1998 Honda Odyssey with a temporary paper tag in the area during the incident, which took place around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.

Wysocki said there were three people in the minivan during the shooting, a driver and the two suspected gunmen.

On Thursday morning, investigators located and towed the vehicle for investigation, officials said.

FBI Special Agent Michael Driscoll said at the presser that “the possibility that someone may have targeted law enforcement causes a true threat to the citizens of Camden.”

“We’re determined to get to the bottom of this together,” he added.

Camden County Freeholder Louis Cappelli said he told the chief to “do whatever is necessary to stop anymore more violence against our officers, immediately.”

“This mindless evil conduct will not be tolerated,” Cappelli said. “I want to share a very clear message to the scumbag thugs behind this senseless act. We’re coming to get you and you will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

He added: “If you think you can get away with these crimes under the cover of some unfortunate acts taking place in other parts of the nation, or under cover of some national movement, you are wrong.”

A reward of $20,000 for information leading to arrest of the suspects was offered by the FBI, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and local Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 218.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

By keeping George Soros from funding their campaigns.

https://www.latimes.com/local/...-20180523-story.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/da-soros-justice

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...ros-election-da.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com...f61c78dc4_story.html

https://nationalpolice.org/the...d-order-prosecutors/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/b...tor-races-1478194109

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Not sure where to post this, didn't want to start a new thread

A MEGA Karen oozing white guilt over a CVS clerk calling the cops on a couple of shoplifting terds, it's almost unbelievable

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
A convicted domestic Terroristz convicted, jailed, and pardoned by Clinton is involved with BLM. Some claim she is a founding member.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rosenberg

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^

"You work with "Black Folks", just remember that!"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
BigSwede.....un fucking believable!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post