SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
The surprise. It's the very end. A group of two or three run up on him, there is a bunch more. A "chinese" guy gets really close and he pulls out a pistol (you don't see it). "Chinese guy" puts on the breaks so hard, you can almost see smoke roll off his shoes.

Starts about 5:00. The guy who gets closest to him is wearing a yellow shirt.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Say “I apologize to the Black queen!” Black Panther group filmed terrorizing small businesses in VA

https://www.naturalnews.com/20...mall-businesses.html

Several videos. This is getting more and more like the Brownshirt's of Germany in the 30s.

So he's going to come back, again and again? Super, I'd have a case of these under the counter. Thank you, come again! Smile

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's time our side, gets in their faces when they are out enjoying a meal, or whatever. It's time we turn the cancel culture back on them.

I have no interest in that, the guy is super annoying, I will never do that. Maybe that's why they reach more people (plus MSM help), but I will not act in that manner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I too, had mixed feelings watching that but Oddball is exactly right. Having just come from living for decades in California, he knows who these people are. No, I wouldn't do it myself. I wouldn't have the guts really. But ultimately, many of these people are going to need to be shown, demonstrated pushback. Everywhere not just commiefornia.

They are going to need to be shown that theirs is a comparatively tiny group in the greater population of this country.

And, by the way, fuck no, no secession. The only way they're gonna leave this union is to have that old, fabled earthquake crack the landmass into the fuckin' Pacific. [/rant off]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
REPORT: BLM Co-Founder Partnering Up With Pro-Communist Chinese Group

That is a foreign government funding insurrection in the US. There should be a legal means to shut that down and confiscate the funds.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
I too, had mixed feelings watching that but Oddball is exactly right. Having just come from living for decades in California, he knows who these people are. No, I wouldn't do it myself. I wouldn't have the guts really. But ultimately, many of these people are going to need to be shown, demonstrated pushback. Everywhere not just commiefornia.

Public push-back is in-order. While being that obnoxious isn't for me, getting a loud dose of the opposing side within the Bay Area bubble is definitely needed for many.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the insurance carriers and those with losses without insurance sue the cities and states for allowing the Riots to happen to recover funds for the damages.

And yes, the "taxpayers have to pay the bill", and they should, because in these cases, Portland, Seattle, Kenosha, the taxpayers elected the politicians who allowed it to happen, therefore they are just as much at fault..

And to our members in these areas, yes It's not right that you get part of the bill for the problems created by others in your area, but that's the way it works... I do feel for you being stuck in these positions, because with a few votes, any of us could be converted from a free zone to hell politically....

Link: damage from Riots to Top $1 billion

Damage from riots across US will cost at least $1B in claims: report 'It's not just happening in one city or state – it's all over the country'

The damage from riots and looting across the U.S. following the death of George Floyd is estimated to be the costliest in insurance history – between $1 billion and $2 billion.

Insurance Information Institute (or Triple-I) compiles information from a company called Property Claim Services (PCS), which has tracked insurance claims related to civil disorder since 1950, and other databases. It provided reports to Axios that the damage from unrest between May 26 and June 8 will be the most expensive in the nation’s history, surmounting the Rodney King riots of 1992 in Los Angeles.

The price tag could be as much as $2 billion and possibly more, according to Triple I. But the protests related to Floyd differ from others the database has tracked – never before have they been so widespread.

"It's not just happening in one city or state – it's all over the country," Loretta L. Worters of the Triple-I told Axios. "And this is still happening, so the losses could be significantly more."

The last time PCS compiled insurance losses for a “civil disorder event” was 2015, when riots erupted in Baltimore after Freddie Gray died from a neck injury in police custody. But those riots did not even accrue $25 million in damages.

Other big losses on the list include the Watts riots in Los Angeles in 1965, the 1967 Detroit riot, and the New York City blackout of 1977.

DAMAGE BLAMED ON RIOTING IN KENOSHA TOPS $50 MILLION

The insurance industry is bracing for possible unrest following the November election. "There could be riots that lead to significant losses that would meet our reporting thresholds," Tom Johansmeyer, head of PCS, said. The company classifies anything over $25 million in insured losses as “a catastrophe.”

BUSINESS OWNER: KENOSHA 'LOOKS LIKE A WAR ZONE’

Riots and peaceful protests against police brutality have not only ripped through America’s major cities but also its rural areas – from Lancaster, Pa., to Kenosha, Wis.

Civil unrest, compounded by rapid-spreading wildfires, have been nearly constant in cities on the West Coast. Two deputies were shot in Los Angeles, and protesters reportedly showed up at the hospital where they were being treated shouting slogans like "Death to the police!" The LA County Sheriff's Department wrote on Twitter that the protesters were blocking the emergency room entrance.

In Portland, protesters clashed with police for over 100 straight days, before Oregon declared a state of emergency and over 500,000 were forced to flee their homes due to fires.

Posts: 23436 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
AG Barr is right--some of what is happening (and has happened) should be treated as Sedition. And I do mean all the nefarious activity in the FBI and DOJ.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
And yes, the "taxpayers have to pay the bill", and they should, because in these cases, Portland, Seattle, Kenosha, the taxpayers elected the politicians who allowed it to happen, therefore they are just as much at fault..

And remember, folks, thanks to Trump, taxpayers in those commie towns, counties and states can only deduct $10,000 of the state and local taxes they pay from their federal income tax. We're not only not subsidizing multigenerational welfare dependency and bunny-fart-powered trains to nowhere, we the American people won't be picking up the bill for this nonsense either.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
When Trump is re-elected, we will have a to squash quite a few of these turds to quiet them.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mr. Cassell is a professor at the University of Utah’s S.J. Quinney College of Law.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/h...s-effect-11600296843

By Paul Cassell

Cities across the country suffered dramatic increases in homicides this summer. The spikes were remarkable, suddenly appearing and widespread, although often concentrated in disadvantaged neighborhoods. This year is on track to be the deadliest year for gun-related homicides since at least 1999.

The antipolice protests that began across the country around May 27 appear to have resulted in a decline in policing directed at gun violence, producing—perhaps unsurprisingly—an increase in shootings.

My recent research quantifies the size of this summer’s Minneapolis Effect, estimating that reduced proactive policing resulted in about 710 more homicides and 2,800 more shootings in June and July alone. The victims of these crimes are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic, often living in disadvantaged and low-income neighborhoods.

While these estimates are stated in the cold precision of an economic calculation, behind the numbers lies a tremendous toll in human suffering—lives lost, futures destroyed and families left grieving. The nation’s recent homicide spikes require urgent attention. Even more urgently, the nation needs to consider all possible responses to this tragedy, including a restoration of proactive law-enforcement efforts aimed at reducing gun violence.

Posts: 19571 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mr. Cassell is a professor at the University of Utah’s S.J. Quinney College of Law.

By Paul Cassell

My recent research quantifies the size of this summer’s Minneapolis Effect, estimating that reduced proactive policing resulted in about 710 more homicides and 2,800 more shootings in June and July alone. The victims of these crimes are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic, often living in disadvantaged and low-income neighborhoods.

While these estimates are stated in the cold precision of an economic calculation, behind the numbers lies a tremendous toll in human suffering—lives lost, futures destroyed and families left grieving. The nation’s recent homicide spikes require urgent attention. Even more urgently, the nation needs to consider all possible responses to this tragedy, including a restoration of proactive law-enforcement efforts aimed at reducing gun violence.

Hold on... I don't get it.
These protests and riots all started because of a "disproportionate amount of excessive force" on the Black (and Brown)community.

But someone is saying that there's a disproportionate amount of homicides in the Black (and Brown) community?

Sooo, sooo confusing... Confused

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The WSJ article by Cassell says that because the police have stopped enforcing the law (the Minneapolis effect), there were 710 more homicides than would have likely occurred in normal times.

The effort to defund the police and demonize them has had a dramatic negative effect by enabling more shootings.

more from the article:

Chicago’s shooting spike reflects what is happening in many major cities across the country. Researchers have identified a “structural break” in homicide numbers, beginning in the last week of May. Trends for most other major crime categories have remained generally stable or moved slightly downward.

What changed in late May? The antipolice protests that began across the country around May 27 appear to have resulted in a decline in policing directed at gun violence, producing—perhaps unsurprisingly—an increase in shootings.

The sequence of events is straightforward. George Floyd’s death while in police custody in Minneapolis produced demonstrations against the police in major cities from coast to coast. As a result, officers in most cities had to be redeployed from their normal duties to help manage the protests, some of which turned violent.

Even as the demonstrations abated, what is commonly called “proactive” policing declined. Police department data show that street and vehicle stops in Minneapolis and Philadelphia dropped sharply in June. In Chicago and New York, arrests declined steeply. And in cities around the country, both law-enforcement and citizen reports suggest a general reluctance by officers to engage in hot-spot and other enforcement efforts that are most effective in deterring gun violence.

The idea that reductions in policing might be leading to more shootings has historical precedent. Heather Mac Donaldproposed a “Ferguson Effect” in May 2015 to explain homicide increases in the aftermath of antipolice protests following Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson, Mo., the previous year. Similarly, my research with Richard Fowles identified declines in police street stops as the triggering event for the 2016 homicide spike in Chicago. Beginning in late 2015, pursuant to an agreement with the American Civil Liberties Union, Chicago police significantly reduced stop-and-frisks in the city. The result was a deadly homicide spike the following year.

The pattern in Chicago in 2016—a dramatic spike in shootings and homicides but not other crimes—is the pattern in many cities across America today. What Chicago suffered in 2016 is playing out across a much larger stage today—a new and deadly “Minneapolis Effect.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

his point is that the rioting and protesting and political attacks against the police have done significant direct harm to the community the riots / protests were "supposed" to help. It is clear the riots and protests were never intended to help the black community. They are intended to attack the foundation of the system we have succeeded under as a country.

Posts: 19571 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

By Paul Cassell

Hold on... I don't get it.
These protests and riots all started because of a "disproportionate amount of excessive force" on the Black (and Brown)community.

But someone is saying that there's a disproportionate amount of homicides in the Black (and Brown) community?

Sooo, sooo confusing... Confused
Yeah, but the prof's a crackpot. He must be because the media and lib politicians are telling us a completely different story, and they're never wrong. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The WSJ article by Cassell says that because the police have stopped enforcing the law (the Minneapolis effect), there were 710 more homicides than would have likely occurred in normal times.

The effort to defund the police and demonize them has had a dramatic negative effect by enabling more shootings.

Oh, I got the gist of the article, I should have tossed my [/sarcasm] at the end.

Now we're calling it "the Minneapolis effect"? What happened to "the Ferguson effect"?

I find it funny that those areas of high crime and violence to begin with, get disproportionate amount of pro-active policing to begin with, bitch about the pro-active policing, then want to defund the police.
Yet people cry and wail when the police turn "re-active" or into "self preservation" mode and crime skyrockets even more in those areas.

SDY, I'm familiar with the article, the local newspaper had an article a few days ago, stating the same numbers.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
When the good people of these communities and states realize they were nothing more than pawns in a game they weren't playing and are not going to benefit from any outcome, they are going to demand heads roll.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah the folks that believed all the pandering and promises made, all the wokeness didn’t change a thing. They’ll get pissed all over again, never realizing they are the problem, incapable of change & accepting responsibilities.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
incapable of change & accepting responsibilities.

The most important part of this statement.....

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
incapable of change & accepting responsibilities.

The most important part of this statement.....

Well.....consequences are racist so......

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Pennsylvania judge sets bail for accused rioters at $1M each.

SNIP:
Several individuals accused of rioting in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, after the police shooting of Ricardo Munoz have had their bail set at $1 million.

Of the nine who were given that bail amount, none were able to post it.

Twelve adults have been charged with criminal conspiracy for arson, riot, institutional vandalism, failure to disperse, obstructing highways and other public passages, disorderly conduct, and defiant trespass. Nine of them had their bails set at $1 million. One of the 12 faced an additional charge of illegal possession of a firearm. According to police, at least eight of those charged are not Lancaster residents.

One 16-year-old has been charged with riot, disorderly conduct, possession of instruments of crime, possession of a small amount of marijuana, propulsion of missiles onto a roadway, and institutional vandalism.

LINK

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post