SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Spirit passenger removed from flight after bizarre tirade about white privilege. Video

https://nypost.com/2020/09/15/...fter-bizarre-tirade/

She is about to learn that flight attendant doesn't have control over you due to white privilege, it's due to federal law, and you are required to obey all instructions, including "let me pass by". I think a permanent flight ban is in order for her.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phydough:
I’m beginning to think our legal system really is broken. Not at the police officer level, but at the county/district attorney/prosecutor and judge levels.

So, it's not even at that level. Your state legislature is the problem. Even in deep red states there is a strong desire to pass "justice reform". "Justice reform" is always code for weakening the judicial system.

Why? Catch and release doesn't cost money. Keeping prisoners incarcerated does. Legislatures can't spend money on pet projects if the costs of prisons are rising because more people are being locked up because there is more crime, particularly violent crime.

It's all about the money. And politicians all want to spend money. They just want to spend it on their pet projects, which often has to do with making themselves richer.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
BLM thinks trucks are racist! LOL whoopsie Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3A7I0k5Me4

Olympia, WA...that's angry, militant lesbian country.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
angry, militant lesbian

isn't that sweet Big Grin

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Why? Catch and release doesn't cost money. Keeping prisoners incarcerated does. Legislatures can't spend money on pet projects if the costs of prisons are rising because more people are being locked up because there is more crime, particularly violent crime.

Easy way to save money: if you have a life sentence and/or on death row, we simply ship them overseas and drop them off in the middle of nowhere in Iraq or Afghanistan and let nature take its course.

I'm not a believer in life sentences, that's a waste of taxpayer money in keeping that garbage alive.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who thinks that little mother fucker in LA is a damn child? Looks like a 10 year old, the way he has to point up to shoot.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
angry, militant lesbian

isn't that sweet Big Grin

Olympia - exactly! Militant lesbians driving around in their Subaru Technicals...
They NEVER pass up an opportunity to show how much better they are than everyone.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Am I the only one who thinks that little mother fucker in LA is a damn child? Looks like a 10 year old, the way he has to point up to shoot.

I've been thinking that since I first saw the photo - no way is that person 28 to 30

also guessing in Compton its probably gang related or a gang initiation

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1st thought was a young kid, a woman or a midget. The way the thing ran was odd also.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I've been thinking that since I first saw the photo - no way is that person 28 to 30

also guessing in Compton its probably gang related or a gang initiation

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turns out to be a child who pulled the trigger on those deputies. Looks like Buckwheat from The Little Rascals. Roll Eyes Just terrible.

I gotta tell you. When I heard that both officers would survive and likely recover, the relief that washed over me was visceral. Perhaps it was the female deputy as she reminded me of my sister who is also a sheriff's deputy. Praying that they catch the little bastard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure on the height of that person- look at his height in relation to the cruiser. they say there is some distortion due to the camera lens on the security camera. they also say they should have a good pic of him as he supposedly came off a bus. I hope he dies and any rioters coming out for him are considered fair game by the rest of us.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Easy way to save money: if you have a life sentence and/or on death row, we simply ship them overseas and drop them off in the middle of nowhere in Iraq or Afghanistan and let nature take its course.

I'm not a believer in life sentences, that's a waste of taxpayer money in keeping that garbage alive.
I've been called cruel and uncivilized several times when I've suggested capital punishment should be 'expanded' to many other crimes, and the process required to get the convicted person to the point of execution streamlined and significantly shortened. Rape, child molestation, murder, or convictions for multiple/continuous felonies and you depart this planet. I take the garbage out to the curb twice a week for disposal. The criminal justice system needs to start working the same way.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
My 1st thought was a young kid, a woman or a midget. The way the thing ran was odd also.

Whatever it was doing the shooting, it had a hard time keeping its footing while firing. And yeah, running with those bandy legs made me think midget but I dunno. I really, really hope we find out.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
You guys are nuts. The government doesn't even have a 100% error free rate with the super slow Capital Punishment rate we have and have had for ages. That problem will only get worse. There's no way it can be trusted to do more of them anytime soon, if ever. It probably needs to end in most cases anyway.

And this isn't an episode of Survivor, and you're not a Dictator (thank goodness), and we don't ban people here in America, nor do we dehumanize entire subsets of the population in order to justify doing violent things to them. That's what tyrants and lunatics do, and we're/you're better than that, even Bigdeal...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
You guys are nuts. The government doesn't even have a 100% error free rate with the super slow Capital Punishment rate we have and have had for ages. That problem will only get worse. There's no way it can be trusted to do more of them anytime soon, if ever. It probably needs to end in most cases anyway.

And this isn't an episode of Survivor, and you're not a Dictator (thank goodness), and we don't ban people here in America, nor do we dehumanize entire subsets of the population in order to justify doing violent things to them. That's what tyrants and lunatics do, and we're/you're better than that, even Bigdeal...

Think of it as sending them to their maker for a fair trial then.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Protesters demand cops let themselves be stabbed or shot

If the nation’s police officers walked off the job today, it would be hard to blame them. Sunday’s anti-cop riots in Lancaster, Pa., have made the current de facto rules of engagement clear: Officers may never defend themselves against lethal force if their attacker is a minority. They should simply accept being shot or stabbed as penance for their alleged racism.

In Lancaster, an officer responded to a domestic violence call at a residence where a man had stabbed four people last year. As the officer approached the house, a female escaped out the front door. A man — the suspect from the previous slashings — then emerged and ran at the officer, brandishing a knife over his head. The officer shot him, as the officer was by all appearances legally authorized to do, to stop the threat of deadly force. Twenty-seven-year-old Ricardo Munoz died from the officer’s gunfire.

The response from the “community,” after this summer of lethal cop hatred, was predictable. Rioters pelted Lancaster cops with bricks, glass bottles, and sharp projectiles ripped from road barricades. They smashed the windows of police cruisers, the downtown police precinct, the post office, cafés and stores. They torched a dumpster dragged from another part of the city. They pulled street signs and bike racks out of sidewalks to use against the police.

Such anarchy, with its photogenic arson, is just the latest chapter in the violence that is now routinely directed at officers during ordinary law enforcement activities, as well as during riots.

On Aug. 26, a driver in The Bronx attacked two officers who had asked him to move his car from a fire hydrant, The Post reported. In June, a Baltimore cop was shot in the stomach while trying to break up an illegal house party. In Chicago, officers seeking to arrest drive-by shooters are assaulted and cursed at. And now, in Compton, Calif., two sheriff’s deputies are hanging on to life after having been shot in the face while sitting in their parked patrol car.

This murderous chaos is hardly surprising. Virtually the entirety of the Democratic political class stayed silent this summer as cops became punching bags for criminals and anarchists. Instead, Democratic officials and their media mouthpieces droned on about the lethal threat to blacks allegedly posed by police officers — a narrative utterly belied by the facts about police shootings and black crime. Mayors and district attorneys vowed to ignore misdemeanor arrests so as to avoid prosecuting black criminals.

Until our political class repudiates that false narrative about police racism, we cannot expect officers to continue business as usual. They are already pulling back from proactive policing — understandably, having been told endlessly that such policing is racist. Homicides and shootings are spiraling out of control nationally. Every attack on a police officer is an attack on civilization itself. We are in the process of losing any possibility of civil peace.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

So I guess we do what the Democrats want to do, eh? Defund, disband the police system because with your thinking, the arrest/conviction rates across the board must also not be "100% error free". Yeah, that's it, just jettison the whole program, right?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I think the death penalty, in some cases, should be expanded.

I'm most concerned with the "scoff law" criminal, than the heinous one, though.

Depending on the murder, I could see how a man could reform. (Almost none of them, BTW - almost all murders are committed by folks with numerous felony convictions.)

I am a BIG fan of "three strikes", provided marijuana is decriminalized... (In a way... Someone with 2 felony convictions, who still goes around committing felonies, involving marijuana, should be being bars. Criminal justice is about what is best for society, the crook has to fix himself. That there are professional police, and prison, instead of sheriffs, posses, and gibbets, is enough of a gift to the criminal class.)

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just who in the fuck are you addressing?

And I told you to be quiet and you come back with this shit? I shouldn't be seeing your username in new posts in this thread. Who are you addressing with this remark?

And this is a dictatorship, and I am a dictator when it comes to this forum. Do we vote on what happens around here? This is not a democracy. This is not a republic. You'd better figure it the fuck out. You go trying to appeal to the better angels of my nature and you're gonna end up getting smacked, smartass. Reverse psychology doesn't work on me worth a fuck.

Now, just who are you talking to? Tell me. You want to disrupt this thread? Fine. Let's have it.

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Louisville Agrees To $12 Million Settlement In Breonna Taylor Case

With the $12 Million Dollar pay-out will they now stay out of the streets in Louisville, KY ?

How come this seems like blackmail.
I fear we have set a bad precedent.

Almost seems like the only solution is for Police to stay out of minority communities, and not respond to calls involving minorities.
Seems very very stupid, but how else do we avoid future burning of cities and endless marching and chanting.

I know not what the answer is but there seems to be no end to the public unrest regardless of the response.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post