SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Statement from the Governor of Oregon, who has obviously taken sides

For all intents and purposes, she has openly justified the murder of the man on the official Oregon website Mad

She can do it, because she has nothing to fear from the electorate in Oregon. When politicians have nothing to fear.....

I read something a year or two ago, and I think it might have been here on SigForum.

I can't recall it verbatim, but it was something like: It's not so much that power corrupts absolutely, it's the unaccountability or immunity for their actions. I think it might have been when the FBI was absolutely out of control a few years ago. Sorry, that's the best I can recall the message, but it makes perfect sense to me.

If she knows and believes she can get away with this, with no repercussion, that's the problem. Between the mainsteam media, corrupt governors, mayors and DA's and judges, they just do what they want and nothing gets done to reign them in.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chris Cillizza of CNN:

"To hear Trump and his allies tell it, the situations unfolding in Portland, Oregon, and Kenosha, Wisconsin, in response to several high-profile shootings by the police of Black men is rioting, plain and simple."

“In the strongest possible terms the Republican Party condemns the rioting, looting, arson and violence we have seen in Democrat-run cities all, like Kenosha, Minneapolis, Portland, Chicago and New York, many others, Democrat-run,” Trump said in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention last week. “There’s violence and danger in the streets of many Democrat-run cities throughout America.”

At a rally in New Hampshire Friday night, Trump went even further. “You know what I say about protesters? Protesters, your ass,” he said. “I don’t talk about my ass. They’re not protesters, those are anarchists, they’re agitators, they’re rioters, they’re looters.”

Trump’s efforts to label what is happening in major cities as “riots” speaks at least somewhat to his desperation, politically speaking, at the moment."

https://hotair.com/archives/jo...ling-protests-riots/

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"rioting, plain and simple" should have stopped there

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
"At a rally in New Hampshire Friday night, Trump went even further. “You know what I say about protesters? Protesters, your ass,” he said. “I don’t talk about my ass. They’re not protesters, those are anarchists, they’re agitators, they’re rioters, they’re looters.”

He's freaking awesome^

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Chris Cillizza of CNN:

"To hear Trump and his allies tell it, the situations unfolding in Portland, Oregon, and Kenosha, Wisconsin, in response to several high-profile shootings by the police of Black men is rioting, plain and simple."

“In the strongest possible terms the Republican Party condemns the rioting, looting, arson and violence we have seen in Democrat-run cities all, like Kenosha, Minneapolis, Portland, Chicago and New York, many others, Democrat-run,” Trump said in his acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention last week. “There’s violence and danger in the streets of many Democrat-run cities throughout America.”

At a rally in New Hampshire Friday night, Trump went even further. “You know what I say about protesters? Protesters, your ass,” he said. “I don’t talk about my ass. They’re not protesters, those are anarchists, they’re agitators, they’re rioters, they’re looters.”

Trump’s efforts to label what is happening in major cities as “riots” speaks at least somewhat to his desperation, politically speaking, at the moment."

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"rioting, plain and simple" should have stopped there
Anybody over at CNN have an IQ above room temp? Apparently not. The stupid is strong and growing in that group.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Chris Cillizza of CNN:

Anybody over at CNN have an IQ above room temp? Apparently not. The stupid is strong and growing in that group.

They all get their marching order from the top maggot Zucker. Clockwork. SSDD. The sun rises, and the sky is blue.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:
Chris Cillizza of CNN:

They all get their marching order from the top maggot Zucker. Clockwork. SSDD. The sun rises, and the sky is blue.

A late good friend who was a homespun philosopher was fond of saying, "They're pissing in your ear and telling you it's raining". It galls me that they truly believe we are stupid enough to buy their BS, but I suppose a good number of people can't tell the difference between piss and rain...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Looks like the "I'm press" line is wearing thin.

https://youtu.be/mWj0hzOC-bg

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
Facebook is censoring any posts that include the donation link, or #fightback. I can't share it, or post it. "This link violates our community standareds". Go fuck yourself, Mark.

Use TinyURL to mask the link.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

https://youtu.be/mWj0hzOC-bg

They are SHOCKED that the police do not buy their deception.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
I can't recall it verbatim, but it was something like: It's not so much that power corrupts absolutely, it's the unaccountability or immunity for their actions.

Perhaps it was something I’ve posted a few times here, an observation by John W. Campbell who was, of all things, a science fiction writer and editor. In reference to H.G. Wells’ The Invisible Man he said that it’s not power that corrupts, but immunity. Since I ran across that statement some years ago, I’ve often had reason to think about how true it is.

We are surrounded by people with power of one sort or another. The greatest power, as Mao Zedong put it, is deadly physical force such as is represented by the barrel of a gun, and in our society countless people who own and sometimes carry guns have that power. Many are police officers who not only have the power of the gun at hand, but the power to arrest. But why isn’t everyone with that power corrupt? The answer, as Campbell saw, is that few of us with guns have immunity from acting corruptly, i.e., in violation of the law.

But now of course we are seeing the consequences of allowing certain people with power to be immune from the consequences of corrupt acts. Some are career criminals such as the thugs who kill each other in places like Chicago, but it is becoming more egregiously common among our elected officials. Until (if?) that immunity is curbed, it and its consequences will only get worse.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:

As it should. Leave the area means that you leave the area. The so called "Street Medics" are next.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Good article on Kyle Rittenhouse this morning.
Of course most of this has already been pointed out by the very smart and informed Sigforum members here.

The Charges Against Kyle Rittenhouse
By Grant Baker

On August 27th, prosecutors in Kenosha County filed six charges against Kyle Rittenhouse which read as follows:

1. First degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon
2. First degree recklessly endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon
3. First degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon
4. Attempt first degree intentional homicide, use of a dangerous weapon
5. First degree recklessly endangering safety, use of a dangerous weapon
6. Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

A detailed breakdown of the facts of the case can be found here. What follows is a breakdown of the law applicable to the case.

Counts 1, 3, and 4 relate to shots fired at Joseph Rosenbaum, Anthony Huber, and Gaige Grosskreutz respectively, all of whom are on film attacking Kyle Rittenhouse as he attempts to flee. Count 2 is ancillary to Count 1, relating to Daily Caller reporter Richard McGinnis, who was following Rosenbaum at the time of the incident and was therefore in Kyle’s line of fire. Count 5 refers to the two shots fired at the unknown male who attempted a jumping stomp on Kyle’s head after he tripped and fell while fleeing a violent mob. Both shots missed and the man fled the scene. Count 6 is an attempt to punish Kyle for merely having the gun.

The defense against Counts 1 to 5 will be Wisconsin’s broad self-defense laws. Citizens have no duty to flee when endangered (although Kyle did) and maintain self-defense privileges even if attacked by those one provokes (so long as the provocation did not include criminal entrapment). There is no duty to use the least possible force when threatened, only reasonable force, a standard judged by the person in question. In other words, prosecutors must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle Rittenhouse did not believe he had risk of great bodily harm and that the force he used was unreasonable according to Kyle’s own standards. Unlikely, given the facts of the case.

Additionally, both men killed by Rittenhouse had their hands on Kyle’s gun at the time of being shot, a detail confirmed by eyewitness Richard McGinnis and videos of the incident, making the men in possession of a gun. Both Rosenbaum and Huber were convicted felons and therefore may not possess firearms in Wisconsin. Bizarrely, even the charges mention that the men had grabbed Rittenhouse’s gun, undermining the prosecutors’ allegations. Worse yet, Gaige Grosskreutz, the third felon shot by Rittenhouse, had an illegal handgun drawn and pointed at Rittenhouse just before being shot. Grosskreutz later admitted through a third party that “his only regret was not killing the kid and hesitating to pull the gun before emptying the entire mag into him.” Grosskreutz has not been charged with a crime.

We are left with Count 6, illegal possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18. Kyle Rittenhouse is only 17, an open and shut case, right? Not quite. There is an exception for minors under 18 years of age armed with a rifle, which Kyle was indeed armed with. There are exceptions to this exception dealing with persons under 16 and hunting approvals, but neither are applicable in this case. Kyle Rittenhouse escapes this charge as well.

Considering the facts of the case and the state laws governing Wisconsin, it becomes clear that Kyle’s actions were not reckless -- the prosecutor’s decisions were.

The story of Kyle Rittenhouse is more than a gripping piece of news, it is a telling philosophical Rorschach test. A lone individual stood up to a mob of violent felons, abusers, and pedophiles, asserting his right to live over their lust for his blood, and won. While the American public, generous in their deference for human life, and may have paused in horror at the shootings, the tide of public opinion is turning for Kyle as the deluge of exculpatory facts break through the dam of misinformation. Americans should take note at which institutions were quick to back Kyle, which condemned him, and the cowards in between.

America’s Founders foresaw the need for armed young men to rise to the defense of their communities against rioters, looters, and foreign invaders. Men younger than Kyle fought in the American Revolution, put down insurrections under George Washington, and trained in militia groups in anticipation of threats. It was for these men that the 2nd Amendment was written, and it is men like Kyle whom the amendment must continue to protect.

The frailty of the charges brought against Kyle Rittenhouse show the well from which the insurrectionist mobs draw their power: the political class, the prosecutor’s office, and the media. Rittenhouse is charged with allegations refuted by the prosecutor’s own complaint, but the Portland murderer can gun down Trump supporters in the street because prosecutors declined to press charges for his gun crimes. The privilege of immunity for city leaders and prosecutors who abdicate their duties must end. It is time for President Trump to order his Justice Department to lock up corrupt prosecutors and city leaders who knowingly put people in danger.

Until then, we depend on citizens like Kyle Rittenhouse.

https://www.americanthinker.co...yle_rittenhouse.html

Why hasn't Michael Reinoehl been arrested?

https://theconservativetreehou...-black-lives-matter/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24071 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are not "Stupid."

They are "LYING," which is MUCH worse.

The msm doesn't care about the truth; only how they can manipulate and pervert it to serve their purposes and support their 'narrative.' The msm is the enemy of the American people.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:

They are not "Stupid."

They are "LYING," which is MUCH worse.

The msm doesn't care about the truth; only how they can manipulate and pervert it to serve their purposes and support their 'narrative.' The msm is the enemy of the American people.

I agree....It is dangerous and wrong to assume that these people are just stupid. No, the problem does not lie in their head, but in their hearts. That is where the seeds of evil begin to grow and flourish. I think many of us deep down just don't want to believe that our fellow man is capable of being that manipulative and evil, but the history of mankind is replete with those of that ilk.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/law-...-ted-wheelers-condo/

Rioters marched on the home of Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler overnight Monday into Tuesday, looting nearby stores and setting furniture on fire in the street. At one point, they reportedly set fires inside the condominium building itself

More than 200 people on Monday night marched to the Pearl District condominium tower where Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler lives to demand his resignation.

The demonstration quickly turned destructive as some in the crowd lit a fire in the street, then placed a picnic table from a nearby business on top of the fire to feed the blaze. People shattered windows and broke into a ground-floor dental office took items including a chair, also added to the fire, and office supplies.

Shortly after 11 p.m., a bundle of newspapers was set ablaze and thrown into a ground-floor storefront in the residential building.

videos at link

Wheeler has also faced demands from the far-left that he resign from his position.

On Friday, hours after he sent a letter to Trump rejecting his help, activists marched on his condo. Among them was the man suspected to be the shooter, Michael Forest Reinoehl, who was photographed there by the Oregonian.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding: CNN thinks the DEM voting base is stupid, unaware, ill-informed, and easily influenced by pure false fabrications of classic propaganda. The DEM voting base has not proved them wrong.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Among them was the man suspected to be the shooter, Michael Forest Reinoehl, who was photographed there by the Oregonian.

This guy has been photographed more than the Kardashians since he's been Id'd as the shooter of the Partiot Prayers kid. They can't even pick him up for questioning?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

At one point, they reportedly set fires inside the condominium building itself

His neighbors must be pissed.

Even if they did vote in Little Teddy.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16677 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

"The Democrats have lost control of the radical left"

""Black lives Matter" is a marxist organization."

seen at:

https://theconservativetreehou...ngraham/#more-198742

posted Hide Post
Perhaps if they bring pitchforks as well as torches to the Mayor's condo next time, maybe he'll pay attention.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wheeler has also faced demands from the far-left that he resign from his position.

On Friday, hours after he sent a letter to Trump rejecting his help, activists marched on his condo. Among them was the man suspected to be the shooter, Michael Forest Reinoehl, who was photographed there by the Oregonian.

The only groups that are 'protesting' and burning things in Portland are far-left...had the news bothered to even read some of the graffiti that's marked around or, heard what was shouted, Wheeler isn't left-enough for them. Its a hard concept for the legacy media that what is unfolding is ham-fisted insurgency, with a variety of wealthy enablers, they can't wrap their heads around it.

Posts: 14636 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post