SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Independence Day...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Independence Day... Login/Join 
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted
As we begin an extended weekend celebrating our country's independence, stay safe while enjoying and remember the words of one of our founding fathers...

“The Second Day of July 1776, will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival.” - John Adams, July 3, 1776

GREAT THINGS HAPPEN ON THE 2ND OF JULY! (My birthday!)

JUST SAYIN'....

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
After being in northern New York last week (20 minutes south of that border where everyone is sneaking across), wife and I stopped in a lot of small towns on the way to Boston.

Compared to San Diego (where i was born, raised, and currently stuck living), Las Angeles, and the leftist capital of the world; patriotism seemed to be much, much higher.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most this year are pissed that they can't tack the day off next to the weekend. Four day week, blah blah... Sells more beer I suppose.

More like Wednesday-interrupted.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
As we begin an extended weekend celebrating our country's independence

Most people still work on Monday and Tuesday.
Or, Thursday and Friday, depending on which end you take.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Or Wednesday and Thursday, if your shift lands on those days....

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fox News had a millennial reporter asking beach goers in his age group what does July 4th, 1776 mean to you. One gal thought it was Columbus Day, the others questioned had no idea, it was beyond sad. It was infuriating.

Age wise, I'm glad to be on the downstroke. Til that time, Long live President Trump.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Chillin’ and grillin’ for the long holiday here period here in the hills of SE TN!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
At church this morning, the Hymns were AMERICA ("My Country, 'Tis of Thee") and MATERNA ("O Beautiful, For Spacious Skies") and the Choir sang the Wilhouski arrangement of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic". It was glorious. I managed to keep my emotions more or less in check and didn't sob, at least (it's a problem I have with patriotic music). I particularly love the Wilhouski version, with the 4-part men's section "In the Beauty of the Lilies...".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post