SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First real day as a Sergeant tomorrow
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First real day as a Sergeant tomorrow Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your promotion, Sergeant. Stay safe and your troops also!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new position!
be safe.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the rookies Sarge, how would you earn your pay?

LOL

Congrats.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
You have to love the expression when the new Sergeant realises that they are now responsible for EVERYTHING the patrol officers do from now on. Roll Eyes

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Congrats

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Nice goin' Sargeant. Brush up on your typing, and get a. bunch of crying towels for your patrolmen. Also, remember all those lamoid excuses you used as a silver badge.

Hey Jones, whatcha gonna carry as a new defective?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
Hey Jones, whatcha gonna carry as a new defective?

I'm hoping that we'll start transition next week to our new duty handgun, Gen5 G17.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Sarge! Best job in LE. Also pretty much the most thankless.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sgt.
Thank you for the service you provide our communities.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and stay safe!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sarge, thanks for what you do.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
corrections or police? either way congratulations from one Sergeant to another!

21 years DOC

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck, boss. Remember that being I'm charge doesn't always mean taking charge. Develop your guys into leaders where you can.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Good luck, boss. Remember that being I'm charge doesn't always mean taking charge. Develop your guys into leaders where you can.

That is so true. A good leader lets those under him learn as much as possible. Overall the team is better and the manager/boss can relax more.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! You are going to need all the help you can get, might as well trade in your gun for a pencil, you have lots of paperwork ahead of you.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I'm hoping that we'll start transition next week to our new duty handgun, Gen5 G17.

Will you be expected to wear a suit and (gasp) tie? Wearing a tie would be the only big negative to the promotion.

Will you be able to carry sufficient magazines, or do they limit that?

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Our son picked up Sgt with the Sheriff's Department about 6 months ago.

A lot of people in the hierarchy are putting in their papers this year. The Sheriff cornered me a couple of weeks ago and said "He'll be putting bars on before long".

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post