SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who Will be First to the Gulags?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Will be First to the Gulags? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted
So if the Stalinist Bernie wins, who will he send to the Gulags first?

The quick answer is the Republicans. But perhaps that is too quick an answer. Bernie has been repeatedly betrayed by the Democrats. Perhaps they will be the first to count trees.

It couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Don't be ridiculous.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Don't be ridiculous.

Exactly, they gotta build the gulags first.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the gulags be gun-free zones?

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Imagine the environmental impact survey delays. Being govt projects, form, function and scope paralysis could prevent ground breaking until 2050.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I suspect this is tongue in cheek, but the reality is that there are more guns in America than people...mostly in the hands of conservatives. It will never happen.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Can't they just reuse all those FEMA concentration camps that Obama was reportedly building?

Or they could repurpose those shuttered lead smelters.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Can't they just reuse all those FEMA concentration camps that Obama was reportedly building?

Or they could repurpose those shuttered lead smelters.

Ooh, yeah! Smart thinking, tovarisch!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Haven't you heard, Trump is going to refuse to leave the WH Roll Eyes

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Stalinist Bernie

Awwww.. he can't be all that bad a guy.

There's a guy at work who proudly wears a Bernie 2020 sweatshirt. I'm trying to befriend him so that when they start marching us off to the gulags, I'm hoping that I'll be in the running for a sweet office custodian gig.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

If you don't think these far leftists wouldn't happily ship us Conservatives and Christians and gun owner types off to camps IF THEY HAD THE POWER to do so, then you are a bit naive my friend. Confused

Posts: 33604 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

Job creation. Somebody's gotta build them.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Call them weight loss clinics. After all, you've never seen a fat gulag inmate, have you?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Will there be cake?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Are you sure its only Bernie you got to worry about?

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Don't be silly, you'll be required to build your own Gulag..... with your comrades

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The entire organization of the government, and even the basic nature of the US makes this impossible. The separation of powers in the federal government, the independence of state and local governments, and the fact that there are 100.000.000 americans with 400,000,000 guns in this country means that before what your saying could happen, there'd have to be a coup against the current form of government, and a civil war that would be the 1860's version look like a tea dance. If it actually got to that point, there probably wouldn't be much left.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Don't be ridiculous.

If you don't think these far leftists wouldn't happily ship us Conservatives and Christians and gun owner types off to camps IF THEY HAD THE POWER to do so, then you are a bit naive my friend. Confused

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^Whenever I see someone say something is “impossible”, I just shake my head.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Let's just say that before any potential dictator could reach the level of power where they could do this, there would be a lot of major hurtles they would need to over come. The country as it exists now would likely disintegrate first.

quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
^^^^Whenever I see someone say something is “impossible”, I just shake my head.