SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone here own Fidelity FOCKX or FSELX in their 401?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here own Fidelity FOCKX or FSELX in their 401? Login/Join 
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted
That's FID OTC K and FID SEL SEMICONDUCT.
Check your portfolio. Someone misplaced a fucking decimal point.

They both didn't really drop 90% today.

Right?

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
OK the friendly robot guy just informed me there is a ten for one share split being conducted on certain funds today aftermarket. Red Face

Everything's fine, go about your business. Smile

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I had three funds indicate an ~90% drop (~$100K loss to me) at close today....Holy Crap!

Per Fidelity, it's a planned 10-for-1 Share Split affecting a number of Mutual Funds after close today....Back to DEFCON-1 Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8870 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
Yessir that was an unpleasant feeling.

I knew there had to be some explanation.

Those 2 funds by the way, have done very well for me for the last couple of years.

China is Asshoe

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
LOL. I bet you had a heart attack.

How are you following your stocks? On your brokerage app or just manually looking up the prices?

I would suggest using your brokerage app then you'd have the total market value also and you see the value remains the same.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19647 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
I check in on the Fidelity site.
Went out on the internet to confirm the results.
-90% for the day.

China is Asshoe

posted Hide Post
And their retail stores stock fund as well my brother called me in panic asking me wtf. Like I work for Fidelity. Mr google solved the problem in 10 seconds.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post