SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Leaving for vacation tomorrow.... you pick my carry gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving for vacation tomorrow.... you pick my carry gun. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm a SIG fanboy, so I'd pick 225/228, also helps I don't own a Glock. I've shot less than 400 rds through both guns, but shot a gazillion through 229/M11-A1 so I'd pick the 228 from a familiarity standpoint. The 225 has the same controls as 228 and feels great in my hands so familiarity won't be that important. Now we are down to capacity. Since I plan for a sprawling gun fight every time I leave the house I'd be more inclined to go with the 228. 46 rounds vs 25, or 31 vs 17 depending on how many reloads you carry. I think I'll go with the 228 since I don't have a holster yet for my 225.

So there's my decision matrix I'd be using. I'm faced with the same decision in August when I visit Island of Palms SC. It will likely be between my 226&229 though, because I haven't found a comfortable bathing suit rig yet, so it will likely stay in the rental condo.

Hopefully this rambling mess of a reply helps in some way. As for the pole I voted 228.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Glock. Same capacity, less weight.

Assuming of course that you are equally proficient with both...

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
How do you carry in SC, if you don't mind my asking? Fed LEO? LEOSA? Property owner w/ a permit? I absolutely love SC, but their reluctance to let non-residents carry irritates the hell out of me.

-Rob

Wondering too.

Carry what you're comfy with

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
How do you carry in SC, if you don't mind my asking? Fed LEO? LEOSA? Property owner w/ a permit? I absolutely love SC, but their reluctance to let non-residents carry irritates the hell out of me.

-Rob

Wondering too.

Carry what you're comfy with

According to this, he should be OK.

http://www.sled.sc.gov/Reciprocity1.aspx

Did I misunderstand it somehow?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
P228

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
What do you normally carry? I would carry that.

Posts: 353 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Glock cause it's more replaceable in case of theft. Thieves often pick out of state plates knowing the difficulty of out of state witnesses and court appearances.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock. If you use it, you lose it. Rather the Glock than a Sig.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Y'all know this is a Sig forum, right? Wink

and that means glock is going to win running away. Big Grin

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright fellas, thanks for the input. Looks like the 19 just won a vacation. I am carrying under LEOSA, but my wife will be carrying with an OH permit.
I shoot all three of the guns the same and don't have any trouble going back and forth. I have been carrying the P228 lately, but in OH we haven't quite got out of sweatshirt/jacket weather.

Leaving in a couple of hours. Anybody from the area or frequent visitors have suggestions for things to do or see? We will have our one-year-old with us ando will be avoiding the golf tournament as much as we can.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think being from Ohio, you would find it interesting to see how much the area has come back from Hurricane Matthew in October of 2016. The island took a pretty big hit.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got back from Key West on April 1st and didn't take anything with me. Of course my vacation was booze and debauchery.
Your vacation seems more family oriented. It'll be warmer down there and I'd personally take a pistol I could pocket carry but your decision is fine too.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
D. All of the above. Never hurts to have a backup.

Is SC, you cannot carry and drink alcohol at the same time, even a sip, but you can carry in establishesments that serve alcohol.

Enjoy your vacation! We went to Beaufort last summer and had a blast.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post