SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Leaving for vacation tomorrow.... you pick my carry gun.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving for vacation tomorrow.... you pick my carry gun. Login/Join 
posted
Leaving for Hilton Head, SC tomorrow. I have been looking at a few carry pistols, any one of which would be a great gun to take. I will allow you to pick for me. The options are as follows....
1) Sig P228 with 15 Rd mags
2) Sig P225A1
3) Glock 19 Gen 4

I will also have my P238 with me as something to throw in my shorts pocket (wife may carry it too).

Question:
Which gun should I take on vacation? You decide.

Choices:
Sig P228 with 15 round magazines.
Sig P225A1
Glock 19 Gen 4

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
P228. Wink

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
I'd go with the Glock. It's more replaceable. I'd cry if I lose my P228.

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'd carry the P228. I carry my P228 in any weather and almost all dress conditions. While I agree that I'd much rather lose a Glock if anything were to happen, I assume that the happening would involve shooting and for that reason, I carry my P228. It's what I'm most accurate with.

How do you carry in SC, if you don't mind my asking? Fed LEO? LEOSA? Property owner w/ a permit? I absolutely love SC, but their reluctance to let non-residents carry irritates the hell out of me.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
P228, as 12131 said.

I usually don't lose my carry gun. In fact, I don't ever recall losing it.

Edit to add note to Mr. Burton: According to handgunLaw.us, the Original Poster's carry permit is honored in South Carolina (his location is shown as "Ohio" and I'm making the assumption that he has an Ohio resident's permit). I believe that BurtonRW is a Maryland resident. HandgunLaw.us does not show Maryland as a state whose carry permits are honored by South Carolina.

You gotta move out of Maryland, dude. Or, better yet, stay there and work your butt off to get some changes made. You know, improve the state. All it takes is getting the right people motivated, to make their voices heard.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Sig P228

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
P228

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
G19

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Glock

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the P228.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Voted Sig, because that's what the picture up top is!

quote:
Originally posted by SIGINT-228:
I'd go with the Glock. It's more replaceable. I'd cry if I lose my P228.

Your vacations must be more "The Hangover-esque" than mine! Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Glock

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hot outside and salt water location = Plastic for me.
South Carolina recognizes more states permits recently. They must be residents permits but it's moving in the right direction.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I am going to refrain from offering my opinion.

Your choice in what you carry to protect yourself, and loved ones, should be your own personal decision. Any of those guns listed is a good choice.

It's not like you do not have a CCW gun yet, and are seeking advise on what to buy.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I am going to refrain from offering my opinion.

Your choice in what you carry to protect yourself, and loved ones, should be your own personal decision. Any of those guns listed is a good choice.

It's not like you do not have a CCW gun yet, and are seeking advise on what to buy.

I think you just did offer your opinion. Wink

Q

Posts: 26354 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19.

Probably my most frequently carried gun. Loaded with 15+1, and an extra G17 mag with X-Grip brought along as well.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Y'all know this is a Sig forum, right? Wink

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Glock 19

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although my heart says 228, I would go with the Glock.

Reliable but most important replaceable; no emotional attachment.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The Glock 19 is arguably the best CCW pistol there is

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post