SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Apparently the term “Best Friend” is bad and has been banned in Massachusetts schools.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the term “Best Friend” is bad and has been banned in Massachusetts schools. Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
I guess it offends students who are not your friend.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/ne...best_friend_is_silly

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well, that's not stupid as hell. Roll Eyes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
My dogs will be disappointed...

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Just when I think society has reached the height of hopeless social justice stupidity, something like this happens and proves me wrong.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As long as the public school system exists, we'll never find the bottom.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Decades ago "we" allowed government to tell us with whom we *had* to do business and whom we *must* employ.

That led to government regulations and court decisions as to with whom we *must* associate in our private lives.

Which leads us now to the next logical step in the progression.

Who did't see this coming, from all the way back at Step 1?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
As long as the public school system exists, we'll never find the bottom.

Amen to that, brother!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
My son is in preschool in MA. There is no such rule, certainly not at a state level.

This isn't the MA public schools, guys. This is some lame as private preschool.

The title of this thread, does not accurately describe the content of the linked article.

If my son came home and told me they said he couldn't have a "besty," I'd go have a chat about which way they can get fucked.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
My son is in preschool in MA. There is no such rule, certainly not at a state level.

The title of this thread, does not accurately describe the content of the linked article.

If my son came home and told me they said he couldn't have a "besty," I'd go have a chat about which way they can get fucked.

Pentucket pre-school is part of the Pentucket Region School System which is public.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I am sick of hearing this crap. Who told these 'educators' that they are building good people by assuring that they NEVER have to deal with any adversity, bad feelings, etc?

When is this country going to wake up and realize how much damage this is doing to our society?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Pentucket pre-school is part of the Pentucket Region School System which is public.

Ok, but does that mean this has anything to do with the entire school system or state?

You've got a few sentences about one school, in one town, and take it to "Banned in Massachusetts schools."

Come on man.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Your original title is still misleading... This is one tiny cog in the MA school system, and certainly not indicative of the overall functioning of the MA School System!

We've enough real problems to worry about without people crying Wolf like this!

Get a grip!
Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Arc and Dsmack are correct. The school is an “independent nonprofit preschool”. There is nothing on their website suggesting they are affiliated with public schools.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
This all started when our society accepted the notion that some speech is hate speech. Now it is progressing to uncomfortable speech. Soon there will be an approved script from which we may communicate. Sounds outrageous right? Right?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup...it's just not inclusive enough. So EVERYONE must get a trophy and EVERYONE is considered everyone else's "best friend". Good god, Political Correctness is killing this country. Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need a complete reconstruction of schools in America.
Unfortunately that will not happen and my taxes for schools will go up after the pass another yearly new levee this May.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Once again, this is not all public schools in the entire state, it's just one dumb school. Please edit your thread title to accurately represent what the Herald reported.

This is plenty of actually stupid crap going on, but your thread title is simply false.

Arc.

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
A better thread title:

Apparently the term “Best Friend” is bad and has been banned in ONE Massachusetts school s.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
A better thread title:

Apparently the term “Best Friend” is bad and has been banned in ONE Massachusetts school s.

I think it’s even misleading to say Massachusetts school since it’s a privately owned daycare.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12422 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
A better thread title:

Apparently the term “Best Friend” is bad and has been banned in ONE DAYCARE IN Massachusetts schools.

I think it’s even misleading to say Massachusetts school since it’s a privately owned daycare.

How 'bout dat? Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post