SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Today's "What Is This Piece Of Farm Equipment?"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Today's "What Is This Piece Of Farm Equipment?" Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I accompanied my uncle to an auction this morning...while looking over the items up for auction, we ran across this interesting item...neither of us had a clue to what was...

After asking about a zillion people "what is it?" We received enough of the same answers (it took awhile) to be sure of it's use...

So SIGForumites...Do You Know What It Is? Wink

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing it's a hay bailer.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Looks like a bailer...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mobile belt driven disgronificator

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Does look like an old fashioned hay baler. (no i)

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...a hay baler...almost everyone asked said it was a cotton baler...the guy running the auction got into a friendly argument with an old man over it's being a hay bailer (old man) or a cotton baler (auctioneer). Hay baler won out. I'll admit...I cannot remember seeing one before...but I'm not a farmer type Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post