SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tipping - music venue with dinner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tipping - music venue with dinner Login/Join 
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted
What would be the customary tipping for dinner at a music venue. Here is the example...

There is a deposit of $50 per ticket. The total cost of each ticket is $150. At the end of the meal, just prior to the performance, your account is settled up. A charge of $100 is brought to you making up the difference.

What should be the customary tip for such an event?

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
were you seated promptly ? Is the place neat, sanitary, clean , including the chairs and floor?

was the waitress helpful, prompt courteous , attentive ?

was he/she neat/clean ,presentable?

were they knowledgeable about the food on the menu?
how was the food and drinks?
did the refill the glasses? did they inquire about the eating experience ?

was the hot food , hot and the cold food ,cold?

did they invite you back ?perhaps to enjoy the salmon special price on wednesday's?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I would tip a waiter in accord with the price of the meal, not including the entertainment. Estimation may be needed.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I would tip a waiter in accord with the price of the meal, not including the entertainment. Estimation may be needed.

That was my thoughT as well just wanted to make sure what is customary. By the way, the place is Dosey Doe in the Woodlands. Great venue.

CW

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d tip the server based on meal cost

I’d tip musicians separately

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

That was my thoughT as well just wanted to make sure what is customary. By the way, the place is Dosey Doe in the Woodlands. Great venue.

CW

That is a good place to see a show, and I have done tipping that way there. The food is pretty good, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post