SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any experience with non-Oakley brand replacement lenses for Oakleys?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with non-Oakley brand replacement lenses for Oakleys? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I have a set of Oakley Bottlecaps they no longer make these nor are OEM lens available. Mine have the typical Oakley peel.
Love the glasses and found there are multiple barands that make replacement lenses for my frames.
Anyone have experience with a particular brand they are happy with?

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I've been using some Revant lenses in an old pair of Oakley 5.0s without issue. Cheap and they seem to be holding up well after a year or so.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I bought these for my son's baseball sunglasses, cheap and good fit to frame. I could not detect any distortion looking through them and he has been playing in them this spring in the Texas sun with no complaints.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121783795530

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Like SigM4, I've been using the Revant replacement lenses for my pair of 8 year old Oakley Fives 2.0 for the past 2+ years without any issues. At $32 shipped, it was worth taking a risk on. Mine had fallen multiple times playing basketball outdoors and the lenses were scratched up pretty bad. Instead of tossing them, I replaced the lenses and they have been great.

They're very clear and seem to do what they're designed to do.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of IKON replacements for the Irridium Fire Lenses on my Oakleys. The fit is perfect and the color is exactly the same as OEM lenses.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the same set of Seek Optics replacements for my Minute 2.0s. I've had them in since 2013 and they've held up very well and been more scratch resistant than the original Oakley lenses.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D...&colid=3OV04MLTO1197

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've purchased two different sets of Fuse lenses to replace scratched lenses on old Oakleys. I've been very happy with them. Both pairs fit perfectly and I still use both of them. You can also buy them from Amazon.

http://www.fuselenses.com/oakley/index.php

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sean7:
I've purchased two different sets of Fuse lenses to replace scratched lenses on old Oakleys. I've been very happy with them. Both pairs fit perfectly and I still use both of them. You can also buy them from Amazon.

http://www.fuselenses.com/oakley/index.php

Been looking at these as they are made in the States.

————————————————

Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I have these two brands.

Revant

For a pair of my beloved half jackets that I have had for over a decade. The Revant lenses are 3 years old and have had no issues. They replaced the originals and their flaky crap they do. I love this pair so much that every two years I do a rebuild with the temple and nose piece kits from Oakley. Lenses are the black polarized. And they are polarized.

The second Revant lenses pair is a set of Oakley XX (twentys) that are actually 20 yrs old. I bought them in late 90's. Didn't really care for the full frames, I was wearing Oakley Mumbos before trying the XX. Then went to half jackets over the years. So I never wore the XX much. But the lenses did the flake thing years ago and they have been sitting for many years. Replaced the Red Fire Iridium Polarized Oakley flake lenses with a pair of Revant Blue Polarized lenses just a few months ago. Love them. So now I wear the XX when I'm not driving, don't like the full frame peripheral block. I have used them at the pool, yard work and shooting. Working out great.

Fuse

Replaced the lenses on my wife's favorite pair of Oakley Fates I bought her back in 2003. Polarized and flakes as usual. She wore them for a few years like that she loves those damn things. Finally put them up a few years ago. When I was replacing the XX lenses she reminded me that she would love new lenses for her Oakley Fates. Revant didn't make them for hers nor Oakley. But Fuse does. Ordered the same blue, to match yeah I know, for hers. She loves them. Now wearing her favorite shades again.

Fit, finish, quality with both brands has been great so far. I'm picky and wouldn't change anything about them. The Revants have proven their longevity so far. Fuses we shall see. No fitment issues with either brand. Clarity is as good as Oakley. I have a few other all original Oakleys to compare to. Would buy from either in a heartbeat. Especially since they are more than half price of Oakley brand.

I bought Revent half jacket from amazon. The Revent XX and the Fuses came straight from each ones website.

Join the email list. Both will send out at times promos for up to 20% off and or free shipping.

I wasn't sure what model my wife had. I sent pics and description to Revant. They immediately responded with the model, Fates. And they apologized for not having replacements for them. But also advised for me to constantly make request with them to be made. That is how they bring new designs in.

Fuse made them for the Fates already.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks.
Think I will go with the Fuse lenses as they are made in the states.
I scoured Revants site and could find no mention of where they are made so one can only presume it is not the states as that is generally touted somewhere obvious.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I assume you already know about Oakley Standard Issue where you can get original Oakley stuff for discounted price. Open to LE and Mil...

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 872 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Are any of these aftermarket lenses good enough to use for shooting glasses? I have some old Oakley straight jackets, but all I have are the polarized lenses. Need some clear for indoors.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
I assume you already know about Oakley Standard Issue where you can get original Oakley stuff for discounted price. Open to LE and Mil...

Yup. That is where these came from many years ago.
This model is not available anymore nor are just the lenses. The Bottle Caps are for small faces and I like them a lot. I just got a pair of Flak Jackets but they are a touch big for my face.

quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Are any of these aftermarket lenses good enough to use for shooting glasses? I have some old Oakley straight jackets, but all I have are the polarized lenses. Need some clear for indoors.

Both Revant and Fuse say they are ANSI tested/certified for it.

————————————————