SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I used to be a dyed in the wool Ford guy...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I used to be a dyed in the wool Ford guy... Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Well yer heads gonna splode when the 4 door stang hits the market probably have a twin turbo v6 LOL

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd be first on my block to get one of those! I looked at Mustangs for a daily driver to keep the kid ferrying miles off my truck. Three kids, two doors, tight back seats and they just were not practical enough for kid ferrying duty. I wound up with a Focus ST3 with the all leather Recaros. While its a fun car and works well for my purpose, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a 4-door EcoBoost V-6 Mustang.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I'd be first on my block to get one of those! I looked at Mustangs for a daily driver to keep the kid ferrying miles off my truck. Three kids, two doors, tight back seats and they just were not practical enough for kid ferrying duty. I wound up with a Focus ST3 with the all leather Recaros. While its a fun car and works well for my purpose, I'd trade it in a heartbeat for a 4-door EcoBoost V-6 Mustang.

No no no, you don't want that, Ford has no idea what it's customers want, it's absurd to say you like one of their vehicles, they got it all wrong, wrong number of doors, wrong engine, wrong paint color, hell I bet the Ford logo on the back is two feet wide, shit I bet Ford just has some drunk old white men in a room with cigars sipping scotch doodling on napkins the next designs, of course accountants are making sure they don't spill any 21 year old scotch, gotta watch those beans..... Razz

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a 4-wheeled vehicle that was not made by Ford (although one was a Mercury and another was made in Ontario, Canada). My current daily driver is a 2006 Mustang GT, and it was preceded by a 1986 Mustang GT (yes, I drove it for 20 years before replacing it). All of my automobile were purchased new except my very first one, a 1953 coupe bought in 1959 while I was in college--it had only 25,000 miles on it and ran good (paid $300 for it, and sold it 2 years later for the same amount). Besides my automobiles I have owned 2 pre-owned Ford pickup trucks: a 1977 F-150 with a 460cid engine and C-6 trans, and a 1969 F-100 with a 460cid engine and C-6. I loved my F-150 but it was stolen in 2001 and the F-100 was bought some time afterward--I ended up selling it because the legroom was not enough for me to drive it safely. I have been very happy with all my vehicles, but did have a few "teething problems" with ones that were the first years of their models: the 1960 Falcon had a failure of the weld in the clutch linkage that had to be repaired; and the 1971 Pinto had a failure in the lubrication of the valve lifter array that had to be fixed (and the lifters replaced). I paid $5 to have the clutch linkage rewelded (to save time) and Ford did the lifter fix under warranty.

My 2006 is still running well and I'm not likely to want to replace it any time soon, so I won't get too upset about Ford's marketing strategy right now. I figure I've got another 8 years or so on the 2006 and I might not last that long, myself (I'm almost 81).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I stopped being a fan of Ford trucks after the 6 speed explodo matic.
And the whole cam phasers failing thing.
On and the center main bearing starving for oil.

All of this I have dealt with on friends trucks.
I have a F150 now with a bad timing assembly I need to replace at 87,000 miles for my friend John.
I'm waiting for the #3 sun shell to disintegrate in the transmission.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Well yer heads gonna splode when the 4 door stang hits the market probably have a twin turbo v6 LOL

Is that really a possibility? I try and keep up on the automotive world, but that's the first time I've seen anything like that. I'll admit, its an interesting concept. My brother currently owns a 2015 Mustang, and is a big time Mustang fanatic, so I'll have to ask him what he'd think of a four door Stang.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was waiting ever so "patiently" for someone to bring up Ford's phaser and timing chain problems that have gone on forever, but would also like to add spark plugs to your list. I'm lucky enough to have one vehicle (2007 Mustang) that has both the problematic phasers and spark plugs that are designed to break in half when removed. To top it off, I'm also blessed to own a truck (2003 F-150) with half the number of threads that are typically required to retain the spark plug from becoming a mortar round. What a hoot! Oh yeah, still need to get the air bag inflators in the Mustang replaced before those send shrapnel my way.

quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I stopped being a fan of Ford trucks after the 6 speed explodo matic.
And the whole cam phasers failing thing.
On and the center main bearing starving for oil.

All of this I have dealt with on friends trucks.
I have a F150 now with a bad timing assembly I need to replace at 87,000 miles for my friend John.
I'm waiting for the #3 sun shell to disintegrate in the transmission.

Posts: 205 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post