SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Zero. Not only that but I am prepared to pick up some screaming deals of basically new guns for bargain prices in the next year or so.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Zero.

E.g.: I want a Walther Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy .22 cal. They normally go for around $400 retail. There are (were?) a couple places I could have got them for that on-line, but then it would've been another $50-$60 of shipping and FFL fees atop that.

Nope.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
MSRP - what is that? Paying over MSRP? HA!

I have more than enough guns, ammo and mags to last quite a long time because I stoked up when it was quiet. I wouldn't even pay MSRP prior to this panic.

There are guns I still want but I'll keep watching for them and get them when things settle down.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I have enough guns and ammo for now, so $0.00.

I agree with remsig: "Paying over MSRP? HA!" (for anything)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have never paid over MSRP and don't plan to. I purchased an HK SP5 in April and got THAT for MSRP.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Probably zero unless there was an emergency for something and I have none at the moment.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
0 But there isn't anything I want to buy currently.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Pandemic
Election year
I would support Lastmanstandings purchase.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I’m already over the remorse and am excited about getting a chance to get acquainted with it. Yeah I get it and knew pretty much what the responses were going to be. I justified it this way. I picked up a CZ PO7 priced at $479. I had a gift certificate from a raffle I won for that sporting goods store. I got that CZ out the door for like $187.

So I just moved the money around a little bit. Smile That Scorpion was a want gun more than a need. I have adequate self defense guns already but this will be my first pcc. But I saw that fde carbine with the muzzle brake and my heart fluttered. I even gave myself a day of cooling off time before I picked up the phone and did the deed.

Anyhow once we get acquainted I’ll be posting to see what people are putting in for triggers and using for optics etc. No reason to stop the bleeding now right!?! Smile

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
If you got what you wanted and in these times....needed, don't worry about it. Keep looking ahead.

This is the correct answer. Obviously, it’s better to be ahead of the curve, but sometimes you just have have to pay the cash. If you feel you need it and don’t have it, but you’ve got the money to acquire it, you do what you need to.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
zero

and I won't pay inflated prices either because of the 'panic'

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I would say nothing. I have everything I need. This is not the same as wants, but they can wait until things cool down.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
LOL....I recently bought an SP5 off gun broker.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?

Only the unprepared would pay panic pricing for any weapons.

That’s simply wrong. I don’t know how many guns I own, but I’m most certainly prepared. I don’t know how many AR mags I own, but I know it’s at least 400.

I have 5 Sig MCX’s but I didn’t have the gray pistol in 5.56. I found one about two weeks back and paid $250 over MSRP.

Could I have waited and got it next year around this time? Of course, but it was just on the other side of the counter, they’re darn near impossible to find right now and I wanted it.

Depending on what gun it is, who cares about saving a few hundred bucks to buy it in a year or six months from now?

We all work for a living. If it’s there and you want it, do it. At the end of my life, if that extra $250 makes the difference, I’ll say I was wrong. Otherwise, I’m glad I snagged it.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't. I did as Parabellum counseled. When things were quiet, I did my buying. Even when my aging father became panicked by the social unrest and asked me to find him a handgun, I still waited until I found a decent deal.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm good for now with my obsolete G26, P228, and a couple of others. Wink

BUT, if I had no guns I surely would want one now. New G26's on GB are $600-700; I paid $500 for my Gen 3 in 2017.

If I was just now looking for the first time I wouldn't know what I could have got one for in January, and so wouldn't know how badly I was getting screwed.

We're gun folks and so have a different view.

But, think of a newbie who never owned a gun but wants one now. What are they willing to pay? The prices are what they are, so if you want one bad enough, you pay.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
MSRP - what is that? Paying over MSRP? HA!

I have more than enough guns, ammo and mags to last quite a long time because I stoked up when it was quiet. I wouldn't even pay MSRP prior to this panic.

There are guns I still want but I'll keep watching for them and get them when things settle down.

This!

I'm sitting back.. all fat, dumb and happy with my stocks of guns, ammo, magazines, accessories, etc.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Not much to add that hasn't been said, but I'd just like to point out how spoiled we are by the huge internet market that drives prices down. We typically can buy for much less than MSRP, when honestly MSRP is a fair price.

So, I wouldn't pay over MSRP out of principle, but I would pay MSRP if it was something I wanted, even though that's more than I could have paid at some other time.

Lastly, there is the old adage that time is money. I don't want to spend hours looking to save a few bucks. Although I do spend hours looking anyway. lol

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
Zero- Glad I stocked up when I could. Hope to buy more again after the current rush is over.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Me - zero because I'm well stocked.

If I had none I'd pay what it takes.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post