SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now? Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
Or would you even pay msrp? IN normal times you can expect to pay a couple hundred under msrp at most places. But these aren’t normal times nor do we know how soon we will see prices and availability return to what could be considered normal.

I just picked up a CZ Scorpion carbine for close to msrp. I feel a little buyers remorse as I hate paying msrp for anything. But it was exactly what I had been looking for. FDE and a muzzle brake instead of the faux suppressor. I hate paying for anything that starts with faux. Smile

But I considered myself lucky for even finding it and I couldn’t fight the urge this time. Good thing I resisted that HK VP9 the other night. Eek

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
$0 over. I have no interest in paying a panic penalty.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero. There's nothing I need or want so badly that I would overpay for it. I've still bought plenty of guns this year (at least 20 so far) but I am into collectibles, primarily milsurp, and those haven't been much affected by panic buying in my area.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
0. This is why you buy when things are all good in the world. If you wait to buy until you absolutely need it, you will pay the extra cost. Save your $$ till all this is over and when the prices drop and supply comes back, then stock up.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zip. Let others profit from the panic. I wont pay for it.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I needed one I would pay whatever it took to get one.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Right now there isn't anything I really want or need.

In the first AW ban panic (The Clinton Panic) I paid roughly double what I should have for an AR variant.

I (mostly) learned from that and have tried to stay way ahead of any "needs" in the preparedness department.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
No. Won't do it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say I would not pay one cent over regular price for any gun.

But there are a few, very few, on my grail list, like a Model 1894 Swedish Carbine. I never had the $39.95 to buy one as a kid and couldn't make myself pay the 7-900 they were going for 30 years ago. So I might pay over Blue Book value for one, but I've not seen one in years and doubt I'll see another. A guy has one and has been considering whether to sell it to me for about 20 years now. Fat Chance.

But a regular gun? A Smith, a Sig or a Colt. New and on the LGS' shelf? At, say $800 when the MSRP is $600? Not a chance. If I wait it'll be for sale at less later or I'll get a chance to buy one used.

Plus it galls me to have some dealer take advantage of the shortage to raise prices (remember Cheaper Than Dirt?).

So, no thanks!

Uhhhh, BTW, I don't recall ever paying MSRP for any new gun and I've been buying new guns since 1968.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Unless I was gunless and needed it for self defense the answer is $0.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
You and me both re: the Scorpion. Paid over MSRP. I keep saying it, but I picked SUCH a god-awful time to finally get the bug to sell/buy some "new" firearms.

I've been looking at a lot of stuff that's ~10% over most dealers lowest prices, but even that is under MSRP. So starting at a base price of 499 for a new 320, I've been looking at 320s up to $550 even used. The thing really kicking my ass right now is finding a P320 subcompact for a reasonable price that's not a scam. 2 scammers ghosted me yesterday after I asked for "proof of life" on their 320s.

Outside of the scorpion, I won't come anywhere close to MSRP... and now that I've looked, I actually paid 27$ under MSRP so that makes me feel better Smile

So to answer the question, ~10% over minimum price which is basically never anywhere near MSRP.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
never bought into a panic even pre internet (for me)

I did buy a pile of primers (at regular price) during the clintoon stupidity,

and

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4440089983

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Right now there isn't anything I really want or need.

There's a couple of guns I want but don't need. I'll pay exactly $0 over MSRP right now.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I don't need anything and won't pay panic prices. I was feeling bad this weekend for having plenty of ammo and primers when so many people are scrambling but I got over it.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Commiefornia is in a perpetual state of weapons shortage, especially with regards to handguns that don't appear on CA's roster of "safe" weapons approved for sale. With regards to those weapons not appearing in the roster, you can only find them second-hand and at significant markup.

Long guns can be had during normal times at MSRP, but selection and stock was always limited. If you saw something you liked, you were advised to buy it right away before a law change made said firearm illegal to own.

That said, I would not buy *anything* right now, as inventory and selection is basically nil.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
If you got what you wanted and in these times....needed, don't worry about it. Keep looking ahead.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?

Only the unprepared would pay panic pricing for any weapons.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
For new guns, if I didn’t already have one then the scorpion might be the only one I’d be willing to pay more than normal retail for. I really wanted that gun and at this point prices aren’t coming down before the election and if the unthinkable happens then they might never come down. So for that one gun I might overpay. Thankfully I bought one last year at normal prices.

For used guns I’ll pay more that it may be worth if I really want it and it’s rare. I just bought a 9mm Ruger Speed Six and paid probably $100 too much for it. But they don’t come up much and the guy selling it on GB had a good history and his selling and buying history was one that was consistent with a guy selling that gun. I’ve seen them for sale before and the seller has bought one Taurus and sold one Hi-point or something like that.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Need > want: Would pay a bit more
Want > need: Would not pay over MSRP/MAP.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
As others have indicated....Zip, ZERO, Nada! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post