SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I would never pay msrp for any current production gun.

I would be willing to say nobody on this forum needs a gun right now, its all want.

The only way I could see over paying right now is if you found that grail gun you been looking for several years to find.

Unless you never owned a gun before and are panicked about the curent events then I guess over msrp could be acceptable.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Most of us have said no way to paying over MSRP, and I agree with that. However, we have been part of the gun culture for a while, some of us a very long while. What if you are new to guns or you are just now reaching legal age to buy/own a gun? That puts a whole new light on the subject.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Over MSRP? I won't even pay MSRP. Heck, I won't even pay normal gun shop retail prices, which are typically a bit less than MSRP, but still much higher than what can usually be found online.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it profit over panic? Some production facilities were shut down. They had to pay overtime or hire additional staff to catch up. Others spent quite a bit "sanitizing." Some area require insane steps.

People are quick to claim overcharging, but in fact circumstances may align to drive the cost up for everyone along the supply chain.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I might pay a bit over MSRP if need be. I have been wanting a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS and now they are hard to find and higher priced that what they were. I don't really need one as my Gen 2 Glock 19 is doing great for me and I have other handguns including for CCW/SD/range use but I still might buy one. If I make the decision then that is it and I don't lose any sleep if the price I paid goes down.

On the other hand I have a few pistols, including a couple 9MM, I have been wanting to sell but held off on and they are certainly worth more than before all this nonsense started. Also my stash of 9MM practice factory new brass cased ammo was purchased at an average cost of about $8.50 a box of 50.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Zero. I won’t even pay MSRP, ever. I have firearms. At this point nothing new is night and day compared to anything I have. Just another flavor of ice cream.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Nothing more,

honestly there is still deals to be had or at least random stuff going for regular prices if you just needed something for self-defense.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero over. I have my needs covered, wants can wait till I find a deal.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Zero over. I have my needs covered, wants can wait till I find a deal.

SAME.

Got the needs covered. Wants can wait. The things I've been in the market for, shoring up a few loose ends in builds and specialty guns...have been mostly available. At least until my "in stock" TA55a was suddenly on backorder until December after I ordered it... But that's just churching up a backup gun. My primaries are covered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as most here. I am not in the market for any more guns. Zero dollars for me!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?

Only the unprepared would pay panic pricing for any weapons.

This.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have to REALLY want or need something in particular to pay over retail. I have great relationships with my local gun shops and they take very good care of me.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
Most of us have said no way to paying over MSRP, and I agree with that. However, we have been part of the gun culture for a while, some of us a very long while. What if you are new to guns or you are just now reaching legal age to buy/own a gun? That puts a whole new light on the subject.
Rod

I’ve had friends that waited until now ask me for advice. I tell them all the same thing: Take a deep breath and bend over or wait and hope the election goes our way.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9%

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
Over MSRP? never. for anything. would rather walk

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would pay 10 to 15 percent over MSRP if it was something I really, really wanted.

Trouble is, I've already got what I need and I can't think of anything I really, really want (I've been busy over the past 4 years).

I kinda want a Glock 26 but there's no way I'll pay 900.00 for one. That just blows me away.

V.

Posts: 328 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: April 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm old in my seventh decade of life. Thus at my age I've experienced these crisis situations on numerous occasions. The Sun is going to come up in the morning and the current crisis we are in will pass. That's been the reality so far. Product availability will return along with pre panic purchasing economics.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I would never pay near MSRP on virtually anything I buy.

Fortunately for me, my oldest son works for the largest Sig distributor in the US and I just placed an order with him for a 365 XL at several hundred under list...It’s good to know a guy!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will pay what its worth to me at the time I decide to buy something. MSRP is not a factor in this. What's the price asked, what's my maximum price for the item; works or doesn't. Same for anything else. over under is simply irrelevant.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
0 But there isn't anything I want to buy currently.

This^^

But I have paid more than MSRP. In October of 2009, the beginning of the first Obama panic, I bought a new Sig P239 SAS for top dollar. They had ceased production of the DAK version of the SAS, and I wanted the DAK. Yes it was poor planning on my part, but I want what I want, you know what I mean?

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post