SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How far over msrp would you pay for any weapon right now? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
$0

I can wait.

Posts: 3653 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
You bought the rifle- now convert it to left hand friendly.
Trigger spring is a must, delete the rt hand safety, switch charging handle- extended charging handle, mag paddle release.
HBI is the website.
Buy the parts-I will do it for you.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
$0 over. I have no interest in paying a panic penalty.

agree

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I don’t have any need that I can’t wait for regular pricing to happen. Excluding ammo of course. But that being said I have a SIG salesman trying to get me an MCX with the 20% student discount. We will see if he gets it for my visit in a few weeks.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
Who pays MSRP? I'm with everybody else. I do hate seeing the less dedicated gun owners struggle to buy bang bangs but I ain't new.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
You bought the rifle- now convert it to left hand friendly.
Trigger spring is a must, delete the rt hand safety, switch charging handle- extended charging handle, mag paddle release.
HBI is the website.
Buy the parts-I will do it for you.

Thanks for the offer very kind of you. One of the reasons I went with the CZ was the ability to do all this and all the aftermarket support. There’s not a pcc with the ejection port on the left side as far as I know but this one looks far enough forward not to be a issue with flying brass to the forehead. I’m out of town until early next week so can’t pick it up until then.

I’ve heard complaints about the ambi safety while others say it don’t bother them. I have medium size hands so I’ll see if it bothers me after I shoot it. Non reciprocating charging handle was another nice feature you don’t have to worry about where you put your hand. The charging handle looked a bit small imo but I’ve heard no complaints in reviews. Anxious to see how we get along.

So between the PO7 and this in the span of two weeks I’ve helped keep the Trump economy going a bit. MAGA!!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero. I'm stocked up.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
In '94 I paid about $1,800 for a Franken AR. Never again.

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
- 10%

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I really want a Glock 26 to add to my CCW, however I am not going to pay more than MSRP for one. I will continue to carry my Glock 19.

Just yesterday I called an LGS close to work and asked if they had any Glock 26 in stock. The guy said yes, and I asked the price, $950 he says.

I laughed, and he asked if I was still interested. Hell no I am not! I am not desperate, nor am I needing the gun. I just want it, I'll wait.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero.

My LGS sells at 10% over his cost and never changes it. He says if you gouge people at times like this, you will lose all of them when the scare ends and there's glut. Because of him, all the other newer dealers around here have to be competitive and most are within a few percent.

I did buy an Arsenal SLR-107 for close to list at a different store 2.5 years ago - $900-ish. Never saw one before, and the only one I've seen since was just the other day at the same store at the current list price of $1289.

Damn that's the first one I've owned that's appreciated that much. Unless Arsenal is price gouging now....

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
$0 over MSRP.

Half the fun of gun shopping is finding a bargain. I haven’t purchased an SP5 because I’ve not found a bargain on one yet. I’m really wanting a sweet new black SCAR 20s in 6.5 Creed. But I’m holding off till the prices stabilize.

Another thing, if the vendor is charging a premium over MSRP due to COVID-19, election year or for ANY other stupid reason, that’s a vendor I would tend to avoid in the future.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would pay $3K for a HK SP5K-PDW, which is $200 over MSRP, but no more. Since they are selling for around 4.5K, I won’t be getting one, which I’m OK with, honestly.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I'd be willing to pay SRP if it was all I could find it for, nothing more. Anyone caught trying to charge more than say $20 more than that would actually end up on my no-shop list (which has only grown since last round).

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I'm a home based FFL so most of what I buy is at wholesale. But, there are things I want that I cannot get wholesale so I may pay msrp to get it. I'm not panic buying but buying when I want to. If I want something I don't mind paying extra to get it when I want it.

In 2008/09 I sold my Daniel Defense AR for enough to pay over msrp for a Sig 716. I wanted the Sig and had the cash to pay for it so I wasn't worried about paying a little extra to have it.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t pay over MSRP, but I did pay at MSRP for my 1st AR which was during the ‘08 panic. Certainly no regrets, got a very high quality AR for retail but not over.

Been stacking ARs and mags cheap and deep since!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I don't even consider buying one when the market is like this. But it seems alot of people have come to realize that "Hey ,I may need to protect myself". The gun manufacturers must love it, business is good. And ammo!! it's crazy.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Not happening unless my Smokin' Hot Wife says she wants something. I bought her a .38 Body Guard with the laser beams, she said she would finally carry if she had one. You bet your ass I found one with a quickness..

She saw one of those tactical 10/22 chargers with the fancy heat shield and bi pod, said she wanted it for Christmas. I probably paid MSRP for both, no regerts

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
tactical 10/22 chargers with the fancy heat shield and bi pod

I have one of those minus the heat shield. Put a Tasco Varmint scope on top of it and it’s red squirrel death! Get some 30 round banana mags and you will have some fun!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Put me in the “None” camp. I took forum/Para advice and bought on the good side. I’m set for some time so I’ll ride this out just like I did the Obama years.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post