SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    placing a rememberance in the newspaper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

placing a rememberance in the newspaper Login/Join 
posted
In August it will be 40 years since Dad died, he was 62 y.o., bad heart.

I want to put a couple of paragraphs in the hometown paper with a photo.

Has anyone had experience with doing this?

I was 21 , a pretty lousy age to lose a dad that cared about you .

I know , I know I was fortunate to have him that long, there are more than a few here that had it a lot , lot worse.

what to write , what not to right , I thought about saying that "we" miss you , but maybe I should let them ( siblings) do there own thing.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I've never done it but I'm sure it will be just fine bendable. Make sure you find out the costs well in advance.
It's a good thing you are doing, no matter your age.

What did your father do for a living? His accomplishments? What mattered most to him? etc.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Do it. Men are not afraid of love. I would have loved to get to know my father. He passed serving his country when I was an infant and I still love him.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Depending on the paper of course, a lot of them you can place the notice with them online. After putting in what you want, you can get a price before you hit the enter button.

Go for it.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post