SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RTIC Sale - some great deals. Also they now make hard cases
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RTIC Sale - some great deals. Also they now make hard cases Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
No, not criminals, but hard-sided pistol and rifle sized cases. Link below to large, but they're running a bunch of deals right now up to 50% off on cases, coolers and accessories.

53" case for $115

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I wish RTIC didn’t have such good marketing - their coolers are mainly made in China, and for the price there are quite a few US manufacturers (Pelican, Orca, Bison, Grizzly, etc)

Here’s the bullshit from their own FAQ:

Where are your coolers made?
quote:

Like other major competitors, RTIC products are made in China in order to provide the best quality at the lowest price to you, the consumer. Just like many of the outdoor products you will buy at your favorite sporting goods store; overseas manufacturing is a cost effective way for retailers to provide an affordable product to its customers.

At least their new rifle cases are made in USA, but...

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I know everyone gets pissed by "Made In China", but 99% of us are posting with a "Made In China" phone, computer, or tablet.

Unfortunately many things are cheaper to make overseas and for some businesses, it's the difference between staying in business or closing up shop.

Back OT, those look like solid cases and a good diversification for RTIC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Agreed 100%, there are some products you simply cannot buy unless they are made in China.

My point is there are quite a few US manufacturers at similar price points that would appreciate your business.

I’m finding it easier and easier, with the internet, to find quality non-Chinese made goods at affordable price points. Clothes, gear, tools, etc. The major exception is electronics, of course, but for nearly everything else it’s quite possible.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Well when they offer 30% off (or 50% off, like when I bought my big RTIC cooler), that's when I'll consider them. Wink

I have a bunch of RTIC stuff, didn't buy any of it at full price. Of course sales are just a company's way of letting you know how much they're screwing you the rest of the year. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if anyone has a Harbor Freight in their areas, but they sell hard cases these days:

https://www.harborfreight.com/...le+Rank%2Cf&q=apache

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Well when they offer 30% off (or 50% off, like when I bought my big RTIC cooler), that's when I'll consider them. Wink

Then just skip the middleman and buy an Ozark Trail cooler - same performance, and cheaper at Wallyworld even when not on sale:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oza...ance-Cooler/49229404

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have some of them as well. Ozark Trail can be hit and miss though on the coolers, quality control is lacking.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

Then just skip the middleman and buy an Ozark Trail cooler - same performance, and cheaper at Wallyworld even when not on sale:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oza...ance-Cooler/49229404

RTIC is direct to consumer, there's no middle-man.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post