SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The “Terrible Threes”??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The “Terrible Threes”?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Yup 2s were nothing for us.
It was/is the whiny stage. 3s were way worse than 2s. The 4 year old now can actually be helpful with things around the house and does well with chores/tasks.
The 2 year old turns 3 in April so we are gearing up for the 3s with him.
Then there is the 4 month old who is way different than the first two so we have no clue what he'll be like.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
our 5th is a total nightmare at 18 months. He is worse than the 1st 2 boys, who are less than 18 months apart, combined! It could be that we're older now though. He is just so much work. he refuses to sleep- and is very aggressive. he seems to figure out how to break open just about everything. We laughed- my wife bought a toy bull-horn for her father many years ago. As soon as she finished saying it went through her father and 4 children and how sweet it was that he was playing with it too, he smashed it.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
more than once i have cut a fun day short with a screaming 3yr old on my shoulder leaving an amusement park or the beach. you need to follow thru with any threat you make. good luck it goes buy in the blink of an eye Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My advice, whether normal or not, is to not take it personally while dealing with it. And if there's ANY question in your mind about if it is normal behavior for your son, see your pediatrician and talk to them about it. You don't want anything that could turn out to be more serious later to take hold if it could have been addressed earlier. If the pediatrician addresses it competently, you'll be relieved either way, after you know what's really going on. Don't wait and see for too long, find out the answer. If it's something that needs to be addressed, you'll be relieved to know there is a path. If it's normal bad behavior, just deal with it the best you can properly. Whatever you do, don't 1) spoil them by letting them get away with murder, or 2) react improperly out of anger, the two extremes the continuation of raising children. If you ignore it or "wait and see", and it doesn't work itself out, the issue becomes exponentially difficult as they get older. It it's normal bad behavior for that age, like many are suggesting, then you just have to bear it, since we all "signed up" for it one way or another.

My daughters were more subtle when they were little, but not so subtle when they were teenagers. Damn I'm glad they're grown, I savor each day that passes without female drama. They wore me the hell out.

And one more thing - sometimes a "bad" quality you observe when they are young, can turn out to be a strength or an asset to them when they enter adulthood. But you may not know what it is until you see it years later.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
My advice, whether normal or not, is to not take it personally while dealing with it. And if there's ANY question in your mind about if it is normal behavior for your son, see your pediatricianbartender and talk to them about it. ...

^^^This - oh and I fixed the POC for who to see. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
doesn't get much better until the early 30's

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
There is unrest on the forum
There is trouble with the threes

Sweet RUSH song reference... very well done!

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Hah,,, that ain’t nothing.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post