SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seiko SKX Dive Watch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seiko SKX Dive Watch Login/Join 
posted
Currently available for good price (I think) at massdrop.com Classic dive watch and you can get the smaller, 37mm case width. I grabbed a couple!

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Linky?

Accessing the simple URL of massdrop.com means you have to log in. I'm sorry, but I'm just not giving yet another vendor my information. I'm just not.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/s...atch?mode=guest_open

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good job. I wouldn't know how to do that.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for a price before I invest my time and money on this awesome watch.

Anyone know what the price is for the four different incarnations of this watch? I want the one with the links, if that helps.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
I'm still looking for a price before I invest my time and money on this awesome watch.

Anyone know what the price is for the four different incarnations of this watch? I want the one with the links, if that helps.

H&K-Guy

Looks like the black faced rubber bracelet ones are $170, the black faced metal braclet is $180, and the orange faced rubber bracelet is $200. I didn't look to see what shipping was. I'm leary to spend money at a site I've never heard of and an uncertain delivery date.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Massdrop is good to go. I order stuff on there frequently. They take the order up and ship from their warehouse once the order is received, and are very good at keeping you informed through the process.
This drop has free shipping to the US. The estimated ship date is September 28th, so what'll happen is Massdrop will make the order and it will be shipped to their warehouse sometime around that date.
They will email you when it arrives at their warehouse and when it ships out to you. Normally they are very close on their estimates as to the dates.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Massdrop is good to go.

I agree. They are sort of a buyers' club that accumulates and discounts group sales.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no need for a watch now, but about 2 years back, I got a Seiko divers watch, shipped from Japan, that was manufactured for the Japanese domestic market. It cost me more than the Massdrop prices, but, I am really happy with the Japanese made Seiko watch. Some watch-geeks claim that the made for Japanese home market Seikos are supposedly of a "higher quality" than the Malayasian made, Chinese movemet containing Seiko watches. Anyone know whether there is any truth to this rumor?

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
I have no need for a watch now, but about 2 years back, I got a Seiko divers watch, shipped from Japan, that was manufactured for the Japanese domestic market. It cost me more than the Massdrop prices, but, I am really happy with the Japanese made Seiko watch. Some watch-geeks claim that the made for Japanese home market Seikos are supposedly of a "higher quality" than the Malayasian made, Chinese movemet containing Seiko watches. Anyone know whether there is any truth to this rumor?

Possibly. I can tell you what you already know, the collectors value the JDM Seiko's a great deal more that the WD Seiko's. The Japanese would likely make a better product for domestic sales.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
Massdrop is good to go. I order stuff on there frequently. They take the order up and ship from their warehouse once the order is received, and are very good at keeping you informed through the process.
This drop has free shipping to the US. The estimated ship date is September 28th, so what'll happen is Massdrop will make the order and it will be shipped to their warehouse sometime around that date.
They will email you when it arrives at their warehouse and when it ships out to you. Normally they are very close on their estimates as to the dates.

Thanks for the explanation for those who are unfamiliar with Massdrop. By the way, just got an email this morning that ESSE 4's are in a drop. Didn't see the price, but I think it's a favorite of yours.

Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I did the same thing for a JDM Seiko. It arrived from Japan with no issues.I retired a Rolex that my father gave me. The Seiko can be replaced if needs be.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Just bought one here, lowest price and free shipping.

https://www.jomashop.com/watch...=Recs_Bouncex_1_Recs

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Just bought one here, lowest price and free shipping.

https://www.jomashop.com/watch...=Recs_Bouncex_1_Recs

I'm seeing it listed there at $189. It's currently $169 at Massdrop, also free shipping.

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
I found it for $169 + free shipping.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:

how does one differentiate point of manufacture before a purchase?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess if you buy from a retailer right in Japan, and if the retailer is a reputable one, then you get a watch that is a domestic market Japanese model of watch. I got mine from "Seiya Japan". Link :

https://www.seiyajapan.com/col...s/divers-collections

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I bought this model several years ago, and unfortunately for me mine never has kept good time. I even sent it back to the mother ship, and when it got back it was better, but lost around 3 minutes per day, which for me was annoying (maybe it just doesn't take much for me?).

YMMV, and maybe I got the ultimate lemon.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
I bought this model several years ago, and unfortunately for me mine never has kept good time. I even sent it back to the mother ship, and when it got back it was better, but lost around 3 minutes per day, which for me was annoying (maybe it just doesn't take much for me?).

YMMV, and maybe I got the ultimate lemon.

That does sound like a lemon to me. I'm not an expert, but from what I read it is a tried and true movement and should do much better than that; like maybe seconds a day.