SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I need to rent a room in Las Vegas.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need to rent a room in Las Vegas. Login/Join 
posted
Gents:

I will be moving to Las Vegas soon and I am looking for a room for rent, hopefully close to the airport. Something month-to-month while I learn the area and I find something to rent in a safe area. Any idea where to look beside craigslist? All I have found so far are rooms that appear to rent to lots of people just passing by and that is not what I am looking for. Any info you guys can share that can help me in my search is appreciated. Thank you.

Just added:. Thank you very much for the info. It helps a great deal since I don't know the area at all. Anyone with info on a room for rent in Henderson? Some old couple with a spare room for rent outside their home preferably? I'm going to hit the ground working so something month to month just while I get settled into the area. All I have been able to find are rooms that appear to be rented to passer by's, that is not what I am looking for. I am going to be living in this room while I get to know the area and find my own place to buy, hopefully within the first year or less. All I need is a room to sleep and a bathroom to shower, I will be in and out. I am looking for inexpensive, I don't need much. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JeffSig2022,

Posts: 294 | Registered: September 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Air BnB

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Go to HOTPADS.COM and plug in the parameters for your requirements.

https://hotpads.com/las-vegas-...beds=1&baths=1-8plus

Also use the map feature to find something close to the required location:

https://hotpads.com/las-vegas-...beds=1&baths=1-8plus

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking more of something long term. Just while I go to work, and on my days off find something else that I can either buy or rent.

posted Hide Post
Have done some research in that area -

I would concentrate an apartment search in the Henderson area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson,_Nevada

or Summerlin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summerlin,_Nevada

There's a lot to choose from.

-------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Have done some research in that area -

I would concentrate an apartment search in the Henderson area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henderson,_Nevada

or Summerlin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summerlin,_Nevada

There's a lot to choose from.

-------------------

These are the areas you want to focus on especially if you intend to look for a long term place. While there are "some" ok places near the airport when you leave the property it gets sketchy quick.
If you need a Realator ping me off line. Ours was excellent with 20 years + experience in Vegas. He helped me find a condo for temporary housing when we moved here in 2009. I was also looking to be near the airport and he was like "hell no I'm not going to have you in that area".
The guy also spent a day off helping me me make sure the abandoned pool at the foreclosure house we bought wasn't toast. Wanted to make sure we weren't buying a problem.
The airport is easy access from both locations listed above via the beltway.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Agree with Powers77. You can easily get to the airport on I215 from any part of the southern valley from Henderson to Spring Valley. Summerlin is a few minutes more. I live in the southwest valley & work right next to the airport. It's a 12-15 minute drive either way at my time of day.

I wouldn't live near the airport.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mutiny
posted Hide Post
We call Summerlin home when we aren't overseas. It is consistently 5-10 degrees cooler than the rest of the valley during the summer due to the increased elevation. Both Henderson and Summerlin are very nice suburban communities.
X2 on not living by the airport also stay away from North Las Vegas.
check out Nevadashooters.com it's a small community but maybe someone there can point you in the right direction too.

Posts: 478 | Location: Out West | Registered: January 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:

I wouldn't live near the airport.

It's no so bad.

If you can swing it and aren't bringing anything http://www.siegelsuitesselect.com/

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Stay away from Siegel Suites

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't want to live near the airport. I'd look for something in Henderson.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
It all depends on where you're working. Vegas is really spread out.
If you live in Henderson and work at Nellis Air Force Base your commute is going to be endless.
Mountains Edge is great if you want peace and quiet but closer to the airport.
Henderson is our version of the suburbs​.
North West is nice but far from the Strip.
Summerlin is nice, middle class but close enough to Chinatown to go for lunch.
North East is meth labs, trailers, immigrants, and Nellis AFB.

Google "Judgemental Map of Las Vegas" and you'll get a chuckle. It's kind of accurate, on many counts.

Where do you have to be, for work?

If you fly in for a scouting trip, I'd be glad to take you to lunch and give you a tour of the areas.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
It all depends on where you're working. Vegas is really spread out.
If you live in Henderson and work at Nellis Air Force Base your commute is going to be endless.
Mountains Edge is great if you want peace and quiet but closer to the airport.
Henderson is our version of the suburbs​.
North West is nice but far from the Strip.
Summerlin is nice, middle class but close enough to Chinatown to go for lunch.
North East is meth labs, trailers, immigrants, and Nellis AFB.

Google "Judgemental Map of Las Vegas" and you'll get a chuckle. It's kind of accurate, on many counts.

Where do you have to be, for work?

If you fly in for a scouting trip, I'd be glad to take you to lunch and give you a tour of the areas.

Bruce

Bruce, thank you, I will take you up on that if I feel overwhelmed. I will be working at the airport. I have been told that Henderson, Green Valley, Seven Hills area is not that bad of a drive. Ideally I would like to find someone that has a room for rent first, but none of those "rent this room with three other roommates who are just passing by" I prefer someone who will rent me month to month just while I buy my own place. I will be there around May 10 to look for a place. I start work on the 15 :-)

Thanks again for the reply, your input helps me out a lot.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Not Las Vegas specific but a client of mine has a townhouse in DC they rent. They have had the best luck finding renters through Craigslist.

Might give that a look.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Siegel Suites are kind of the "Last Chance Inn" in my eyes. Lots of people one bad run of cards or disability check from the streets.
They ain't corporate extended stay suites, I'll tell you that.
Lots of people have timeshares and condos, for rent.

I would try Airbnb for the first month, for a soft, safe, easy landing. You can find a 3 month apartment rental, pretty easily, after that. You just need to decide where and that will be easier after a month.

Email me off forum, if you need anything.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try searching for a studio apartment or efficiency, month to month..... probably look on realtor.com (click the rent tab).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post