SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweet custom cowboy boots
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet custom cowboy boots Login/Join 
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Those are some butt ugly boots!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1680 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
$5,000 for a pair of boots?
Mel Tillis said he’d just finished writing a song and was admiring Webb Pierce’s (?) boots. Webb offered to trade Mel those fine looking boots for half of the rights to the song. Mel said, “I figure those boots wound up costing me $800,000.”

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I want some like the Mexican dudes have with the pointy tips that curl all the way up!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The talent is undeniable. It's real arts and crafts.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Are these boots comfortable, long wearing?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate you sharing the post. Little bit of sticker shock here. For $5000 bucks I'd want a car to come along with the boots though. That and the fact that once you step in cow shit, they all will be the same color brown.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Are these boots comfortable, long wearing?

She measures in person and adjust fit if she gets it wrong. Watching her bootbuilding videos on youtube, I'd say they are very well made and likely as durable as any traditional cowboy boot can be, depending what leather they are made with. Sounds like you are shopping.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
I appreciate you sharing the post. Little bit of sticker shock here. For $5000 bucks I'd want a car to come along with the boots though. That and the fact that once you step in cow shit, they all will be the same color brown.

Unless you swim in manure, you can pull up your jeans and show off the beautiful boot shafts.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:

Unless you swim in manure, you can pull up your jeans and show off the beautiful boot shafts.

I like the best gear I can afford, and then some, but if I owned a pair a boots that were $5k+ (remember, that was starting price), they wouldn’t get anywhere near cow shit.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
I want some like the Mexican dudes have with the pointy tips that curl all the way up!

RMD

And skinny jeans

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jimb888:
I appreciate you sharing the post. Little bit of sticker shock here. For $5000 bucks I'd want a car to come along with the boots though. That and the fact that once you step in cow shit, they all will be the same color brown.[/QUOTE

I like the best gear I can afford, and then some, but if I owned a pair a boots that were $5k+ (remember, that was starting price), they wouldn’t get anywhere near cow shit.

I remember, while buying some Redwings years ago,
I asked the salesman about longevity. He asked me what I treated my boots with. I answered truthfully, “early morning dew & cowshit”

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
This is art that you can wear. I certainly appreciate what I'm looking at.

The boots cost $850, the art adds $4150.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
As Merle Haggard said...

quote:
Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen

Smile

Verdad, Hombre,verdad!

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy with either offers by Lucchese.

Big Gator (Black or Brown) $7-800

Elephant (Black or Gray) $8-1300

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work but I think I'll stick with my $150.00 Justin's.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
That's a hefty price to pay for new boot goofin'.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post