SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sweet custom cowboy boots
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweet custom cowboy boots Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted
Maker Lisa Sorrell in Oklahoma. Prices start at $5K with a year wait. Click on the portfolio to see some beauties.

https://customboots.net/

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
With a "starting" price of $5,0000 - that personal measuring should apply to more than just feet................................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
A BBQ gun for your feet....pass. No cowboys I know are wearing anything like those things. I guess there are lots of super weathly people who like to play dress up and pretend to be cowboys.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
She makes some beautiful wearable works of art, although I don't think I would be a customer. I have considered ordering custom made boots for fit reasons but not anything that fancy that would be covered up by my pants leg.

I like her "Top 10 list of things I wish customers knew." I to get in today's world there are things you can't just order on Amazon and have arrive at your doorstep the next day. When you order something custom made, it could take a while.

If you have ever ordered leather from Milt Sparks you know what that means!

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
She’s a genuine artist. I looked through her portfolio; she’s not building boots for anyone I know.

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
If it takes her a month of steady work to make a pair of boots, the $5,000.00 price is not out of line.

Posts: 3231 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Does she make boots for men too?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29708 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Does she make boots for men too?

If you can't feel manly wearing these bad boys, then there's something wrong with you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20828 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
As Merle Haggard said...

quote:
Leather boots are still in style for manly footwear
Beads and Roman sandals won't be seen

Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Foot gear for Pop-Country singers.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not really my style but I respect the skill and effort that went into making those.

Posts: 26916 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Designs are way too busy for my tastes. And way too expensive. Yeah, that too.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
All boot, no cattle...or something like that.

Probably popular in Nashville.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
If you can't feel manly wearing these bad boys, then there's something wrong with you.

I'd wear those in a hot minute.

But these are more my speed: Dan Post Men's 69681 Waterproof Boot

I do have a pair of Acme J-toe boots, made back in the day when Acme was still making a good boot--probably a good 40 years old. And a pair of J. Chisholm J-toes I bought probably 30 years ago.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'll stick with my hippos for four times less the price and more my style.

Those boots sure are purty, though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do these boots have mini jets or hidden wheels that pop out? I'll need some way to get to work after I sell my car to buy some.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Congresswoman Wilson would buy those in a heartbeat. She definitely has the hats to go with them

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greybeard9:
Congresswoman Wilson would buy those in a heartbeat. She definitely has the hats to go with them

Maybe she could "allocate" some tax funds for a few pair.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing can be Something
Picture of greybeard9
posted Hide Post
Maybe she could "allocate" some tax funds for a few pair.[/QUOTE]
Big Grin

"In the age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness." - Saul Bellow

Posts: 1063 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I'll stick with my hippos for four times less the price and more my style.

Those boots sure are purty, though.

I'm not particularly a fan of blingy boots, but if I already had 10 pairs or so of handmade custom boots, I'd have a pair of blingy ones. Kind of like if I had 15 or 20 vintage and sport bikes, I'd want a Harley.

I sure do appreciate the quality of Lisa's boots. There are a bunch of youtube videos of her building boots, and they are certainly well made. I'd like to see a pair of hers that were plainer brown or brown lizard.