SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you thought San Francisco was bad before, Chesa Boudin just got elected DA. God help that city.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you thought San Francisco was bad before, Chesa Boudin just got elected DA. God help that city. Login/Join 
posted
https://m.sfgate.com/elections...lection-14823180.php

Boudin has been a deputy public defender in the city for six years. He is the son of two Weather Underground terrorists who were imprisoned for a robbery in which three people and two police officers were murdered.

He has vowed not to prosecute first time DUI’s, not seek maximum sentencing for murder, and for general “Decarceration”. His express goal is “criminal justice reform” and to prosecute more cops.

God help the normal people who are left in that city. My recent visits to The City have consisted of taking a ferry to the Giants game, but even that will likely be suspended just on principle now.

Posts: 311 | Location: California | Registered: September 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That sounds exactly like a George Soros backed stooge. The same exact thing happened with the election of Larry Krasner in Philadelphia. And now Jack Stollsteimer was just elected DA of Delaware County in Pennsylvania. His positions are nearly identical to Krasner's and this douchebag in San Francisco. The Pennsylvania douchebags got a lot of money from Soros and have been an absolute disgrace for Pennsylvania.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well those people elected him. The place will go from bad to worse, perhaps seeing this happen before their eyes will wake some people up. Could be a good thing in the long run. This new DA was raised by Bernadette Dohrn, a full on communist and police hater. I go into that city occasionally and always feel somewhat lucky that nothing happened during my trip.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Remember how some smart guy said that the states were for experimenting with democracy or something? Well....

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Ass Holes got the government they voted for! Who cares as long as they stay in their democrat run paradise and leave me alone! Wait; I'm in Virginia and surrounded by democrats after the recent election! Where will I go now to get away from these cancers known as democrats? HELP!

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure it’s all that much of a change from what actually goes on in the DA’s office now or over the last few decades. This guy is just upfront and honest about having a revolving door at the jail. His life story is red meat for those of us who are sane but it’s not like there’s any real law and order in SF now. The only real difference is it’s going to be open season on law enforcement if there’s any question of misconduct. SFPD should quit en masse. Lateral to wherever they can. If the leftists in SF want the Wild West let them have it. I’d carry to work sans permit but I know the lack of prosecution won’t cover me in that instance. It’s time for the dipshit progressives to get what they’re asking for when BART becomes a full scale commute for every criminal in the Bay to practice their craft in San FranThunderDome.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Visions of Gotham City on the Batman series.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure God has written San Francisco off.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'll have to listen to Michael Savage Monday night, if his head doesn't explode before then.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Not at all surprised. How could that shitstain loose ?

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Realistically he’s only about 20% nuttier than his opponent who would be the crazy leftist fringe candidate where most of you live.

Posts: 4273 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Sounds like its a real race to the bottom in these libtard enclaves...

quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Realistically he’s only about 20% nuttier than his opponent who would be the crazy leftist fringe candidate where most of you live.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Remember how some smart guy said that the states were for experimenting with democracy or something? Well....

Roger Williams and the lively experiment?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve been following this because my wife happened to know his mother, Kathy Boudin, from high school days when they were at a summer NSF science program together. Kathy taught my wife how to play folk guitar. She (Kathy) had just returned from a (illegal) trip to Cuba. Later Kathy was in the Weather Underground, was involve in the robbery and felony murder in a Brink’s heist. Went to prison, then got her reward as an adjunct professor at Columbia. Her dad, Leonard Boudin, was a rich and famous lawyer who defended Communists, because he was one.

This dude, Chesa, is not like your run-of-the-mill leftists. If he’s like the rest of his family, and he gives every reason to think so, he won’t stop at lawbreaking. And if California doesn’t change, he’ll follow Kamala Harris’ route and end up in state office, then the Senate.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do hope both of the normal people left in San Francisco stay safe.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Roger Williams and the lively experiment?

Thomas Jefferson and the early battles over rural and urban political activism?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In some ways, this is more of the same. When Hallinan became DA in the mid-90's, it ushered in a more lefty camp rooted in 70's era activism. Harris followed and earned the ire of the SFPD when she refused to seek the death penalty on a cop killer; Gascon some people thought would return things back to center having been the former police chief...not so much. The other contender in this election was equally nutty Suzy Loftus, who served as the interim DA after Gascon stepped down.

Now this clown Boudin, spawn of the 70's era, allegedly different from his parents as he's now 'part of the system'. Weather Underground conducted a number of bombings in SF during the bloody 70's, a number of SFPD officers were killed, I'm sure the union meetings will be lively. Where Boudin came from SF Public Defender, is replete with extreme lefties to include Matt Gonzales and Jeff Adachi. His acceptance speech emphasizes talk about 'mending division' between police and the public Roll Eyes There's no issues in SF and it's PD, they've been effectively neutered for decades now, the worse thing to happen, has been a few poor taste videos and text messages between cops that got 'leaked'.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The sooner SF tips over and burns to ground, the better.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah, The Weather Underground. Yes, remember them well. ...

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
It's mother is Kathy Boudin? Yuck. Her history was in an article in National Review. I wrote a letter to the ST of NY Parole Board urging the denial of her parole. Pray for justice and clean your gear.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post