SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    North Texas Winter Storm and Freezing Pipes
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

North Texas Winter Storm and Freezing Pipes Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I just read that a Utah plumbing company is heading down to Texas with their employees, trucks, parts, etc. Everything for free to Texans.
Utah plumbing company headed to Texas to help with cleanup
https://www.ksl.com/article/50...to-help-with-cleanup

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ What a nice gesture! I'm sure there are folks here who will benefit because they aren't as well fixed. I'm fortunate enough to not need their help.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
No water for about 6 days in Oklahoma City. Didn't really bother me for 3 days as I was staying at a hotel nextdoor to work getting them thru storm. There is a busted main 10 houses down bubbling up under the street. I was wondering if my pipes were just frozen or if I had one busted. We got above 40° yesterday and I found one busted under the house. Turned the water off at the street. Plumber responded in 10 minutes and will be here tomorrow morning. If they fix it then I will be very happy. As of Friday, OKC had 31 busted mains. I am sure they found more over the weekend. We broke the record here from 1899 and hit -12.

Mom's in a 12 story condo in Houston and they evacuated the whole building for 3 days, no heat, electric, or water. They are back in now. Sister's well froze up west of Houston.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1887 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I hope that all of you guys and gals impacted by this a fast return to your normal boring lives. I can't imagine how frustrated you all are. Be safe!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My niece needs a hot water heater and other smaller plumbing supplies. She said the lines and inventory at the big box stores are making it impossible to get what she needs. Our local big box stores wont ship out of state. Is there any distributorship that can ship a hot water heater to Texas?

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Spare a thought for some of the small towns in Texas too. Just spoke to some folks out in the Hill Country - Brady, Mason, and Brownwood - and with a bunch of old construction and limited local resources, they got hit pretty damned hard.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
We’re praying for all you down there, or wherever you are. If there’s anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little background on the management failures leading to the grid failures.

Ok, I can’t embed for some reason.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Popping this back up to see how the recovery is going? I assume it's a bonanza for plumbers.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin In some places it took so long for the water to come back on that none of the pipes blew.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Popping this back up to see how the recovery is going? I assume it's a bonanza for plumbers.

Found out my new house has some kinda crazy PEX/aluminum crossbreed.(Viega brand)...needs a weird $50 part that then strips the exterior PEX and layer of aluminum but leaves a layer of PEX that can be crimped like normal PEX....

Everyone in our subdivision planning phase has it...and only the people who had lines run thru the attic can DIY. Everything coming up thru the slabs have the ALPEX....

I got the tool at a local plumbing distributor. Dude knew exactly what I was talking about. But there are no 1/2” PEX fittings to be had in all of Texas.

Had my dad ship me some fittings so I can replace my outside faucets with freeze proof ones.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post