SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android users- please recommend an audio recorder app
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android users- please recommend an audio recorder app Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
I'm interested in app for an Android phone that records audio. I'll mostly be using it for recording radio interviews off speakers, although I'd like to use it for recording some phone messages and in-person conversations/ interviews as well.

Preferably, I'd like to find an app that doesn't take up a lot of onboard memory storage space, doesn't hit me up with frequent large updates, records in a file format that can be easily transferred to a computer to be saved or shared, and (hopefully) doesn't pummel my phone with ads.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I conduct investigations at work and use an android app called Easy Voice Recorder Pro to record my interviews instead of taking notes. It works really well and lets me save the recordings to the cloud so they are not kept on my phone.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
HD Audio Recorder came with the Verizon apps that were loaded on the phone when I bought it. It works very well and uses very little power.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Personally, I use the native Android voice recorder all the time for various purposes and it does everything I need. Should already be on your phone, but if not, just a quick free download from the Play store.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post