SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP, Rocket J Squirrel, a/k/a June Foray
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP, Rocket J Squirrel, a/k/a June Foray Login/Join 
posted
June Foray was the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha Fatale, and many others through her career. She died Thursday at age 99.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/0...s-at-99.html?mcubz=0

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was on-line just last week reading up on The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, and searching for Wootsamatta U. apparel. She had a long career. RIP.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I was on-line just last week reading up on The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, and searching for Wootsamatta U. apparel. She had a long career. RIP.

Try searching for Wossamotta U. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Very sad. She was also on one of my favorite comedy records (yes, I had it as a record), "Stan Freeberg's History of the United States Vol. 1"

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
You're the only other one I have ever heard make that statement. Got mine circa 1958

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
99 years is just about the full ticket.

Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons are a vivid part of my youth. These cartoons were made as much for adults as for children.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Try searching for Wossamotta U. Wink

That's the ticket..! Some places have "Whattsamatta U." sweat shirts with Moose on it.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice to remember her for all the good times as a kid. Fractured Fairly Tales were great.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
99 years is just about the full ticket.

Rocky & Bullwinkle cartoons are a vivid part of my youth. These cartoons were made as much for adults as for children.

Yea, I watched it religiously. It was fun clean stuff for kids.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
...It was fun clean stuff for kids.

I especially enjoyed the puns. I remember an episode when they were looking for a missing crown belonging to a princess, the famous Tiara Boomdeay.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post

wow - what a great life

RIP Rocket J Squirrel

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And Fractured Fairy Tales - how they REALLY were. Big Grin

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
and I'll bet most of us of a certain age learned our fake Russian accents from her.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post