Find
Notify
Tools

My Girl Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ftttu:
I thank you all again for your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

I'm not on the rebound yet, but I do see a new furry friend in my family's future in a few months. Thanks again.

I'm not trying to push you, just sharing my story ... this was Kate, she lived to be 13 as well, passed a little over 9 years ago, the last picture was just days before she passed, she had tumors in her lungs and we knew she didn't have long ... it was a warm October night, in the back yard with her head on my lap.

The morning after she passed, my wife told me that whenever I was ready, please get another Lab-like dog ... just bring her home.

I took Kate to be cremated that morning and at lunch time I stopped by the Helping Hands Shelter ... there were some mixed lab puppies there and all but one pretty much ignored me, but one came over and started chewing on my shoe ... I thought it was too early but all after noon that pup was on my mind. I stopped and filled out papers after work, and to my surprise they said we see you have adopted from us before, if you would like to take her home now you can.

Bailey didn't dull the hurt from losing Kate but she was a huge and wonderful distraction ... her personality is nothing like Kate and she's not this little puppy anymore. Now she's a little over 90 pounds and she's 9 years old and from time to time I still call her Kate.

again, sorry for your loss and I hope your healing passes quickly.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're very sorry for your loss. Think about the good times. She's crossed the rainbow bridge but she'll be waiting for you. In the meantime, remember that there are many dogs needing that forever home. Live, Love, Rescue.

Posts: 781 | Location: KC Metro MO | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post