SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a New Flag - Picked one - Now KARMA for New Flag - BB61 IS THE WINNER.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a New Flag - Picked one - Now KARMA for New Flag - BB61 IS THE WINNER. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 632 | Location: Cajun Country, Sportsman Paradise  | Registered: March 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Currently fly an Annin 24/7/365 on a 25ft pole.
Would like to try a Pioneer. Count me in.
Thanks.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
House mount at 45 degrees or so. Would love a chance.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Hi.. I'd like the Anin. I have a wall mounted bracket type flag holder/flag.

Thanks!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My flag is beginning to show its age. Probably time for a new one, so please include me in your karma.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
[Snip earlier quote]

Ordered the Anin one, then decided to just go outside look at the label and order the same thing. After about two years the current one is not separating, 90%+ of stitching is intact, only the blue is dull and faded. Canceled order and got same one again plus some stainless steel clips to hopefully avoid staining.

Existing one is made by Pioneer Flag Company.

http://pioneerflags.com

Amazon link

ETA went back and reordered the Anin one again too. Will fly that one first and see how it compares to the Pioneer one. Also will be nice to have one on hand as back up.

responding to bolded text:
It is pefectly okay to launder the flag. Doing do will remove particles that will increase wear due to being abrasive. I hung mine on the pole to dry and used a gentle cycle on the washer.

Thank you for flying the flag.

If you find yourself needing light, I had success with this one: Amazon link. It costs more than aime, but based on my search, had the best lumination. I had one in use for over a year with no issues.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
The stains I'm trying to avoid are rust from the clips, minor but ugly. Never thought about washing a flag, if I did. I'd likely handwash.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Please enter me in. I’ve been using my grandfather’s flag (WW2 and Korean War veteran). However, I’ve decided to retire it before it becomes unusable as it is (at least to me) a family heirloom. The Anin sounds very nice. This will be on a pole attached to my house.
Thanks!

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Please consider me.

Thx

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Add me please. I just said to my wife I need to get a new one. Like yours mine is not ripped or torn just faded.
I have mine attached to my deck and flown 24/7.
I have a nice view of it from our dining area in the kitchen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Great info on quality American flags and where to find them!

I have to check my HOA rules and see if I am permitted to add a in-the-ground flag pole. The house mount doesn't fly it high enough Smile

Slight thread drift:

Does anyone know where to buy a quality American made Gadsen flag? I just bought a house and want to fly the Gadsen beneath Old Glory.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Another timely thread.

When we got up north last year, we found the river in front of my parents' house had cut away part of the bank including my parents' flagpole. The pole complete with concrete was 5 feet under water. It took a couple days, some thinking, and one ATV buried in the beach, but we moved it next door to our house:

Before we left, we set it in a hole, poured a cap around it, and ordered new hardware. We just got back up here and put a cheap flag my mom bought up, but because of this thread I've ordered a proper size from Valley Forge. This is the cheap flag:

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Don't pick me as I have two. But just wanted to bump a "Great American" Karma!! Smile

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Just had to do a small mend on my flag, so I think I would like to have my name in the hat, whichever brand you would like. I have a pole that is about fifteen feet tall.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I received the Anin Tough-tex yesterday and hung. Today I got the Pioneer which I will save for next replacement.

Thoughts after comparing. I like the way the Pioneer looks better - Less see through than the Anin, looks better from afar, blue is more what I expect a flag to look like, and the stars are better stitched. I like the way the Anin feels over the Pioneer - Feels slightly more substantial, it feels more like a cotton flag, and feels less cheap.

In the end I don't feel my flags I view them, so I think I will stick with the Pioneer ones in the future unless I find something better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Got the new flag yesterday. It is a bit see through, but it really catches the sunlight and almost glows. It's also the correct 1:1.9 ratio and looks a lot nicer than the flag it's replacing.

My new Valley Forge nylon G-spec 3.5'x6.67' American Flag:

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
BB61, please email me a shipping address and I will send off your new flag.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bump, BB61 you're the winner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
THANKS! E-mail being sent!
BB61

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
We received the flag today. My 13 year old son immediately wanted to practice folding it properly. As we had just spent the entire day at an amusement park, I was pleased with this. We will be swapping this out for my grandfather’s flag, who was a WW2 and Korean War veteran, tomorrow. His flag is destined for my office where it won’t be subject to the sun and elements.
As a final thought, this is a very well made flag.
THANKS AGAIN!