SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a New Flag - Picked one - Now KARMA for New Flag - BB61 IS THE WINNER.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a New Flag - Picked one - Now KARMA for New Flag - BB61 IS THE WINNER. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
I need a new flag, my current one is two years old, I think. Got it as a flag day karma a couple years back as karma from a member. It's blue is quite faded now.

The front of my house faces south so it gets a ton of direct sunlight. I'd like to find a sweet spot for cost/durability. I'd like it to last, but I don't mind having to replace it every few years, if I have to pay triple the cost to get one that lasts for five years.

Also would like it to be American made, this I am willing to pay a bit more.

Thanks guys.

--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-

Ordered two different brands. Anin and Pioneer.

Now your chance to have either one you want. Karma is for one 3x5 of either brand.

Rules:

- 1206 or more post count.

- State if you use a free standing pole or mounted to house, if free standing, what is height?

-If you win you must reply in this thread if you like whichever you pick better or worse than what you have been using after a few weeks of use.

I will draw winner on Thursday (Flag Day), either by Karmanator or Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Possibly by throwing darts at my monitor, need to up the monitor a size or two anyways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Annin tough tex flags are some of the best I've found. They're made in Virginia and Ohio. They're polyester but they have the look and feel of classic cotton flags.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Annin tough tex flags are some of the best I've found. They're made in Virginia and Ohio.

+1 for Annin. Don’t buy from Amazon, though. Lots of fakes!

Try FlagStoreUSA.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
If tidmore flags is still around, they are good people. Definitely get American made.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My American and Wyoming flags are both Valley Forge. Fading is not a problem. We have a bit of wind here from time-to-time; you may have heard. The flag is beginning to unravel a bit and I’ll likely replace it in the fall. Can’t fault the flag, it’s triple quadruple stitched and boxed on the leading edge. I will buy another Valley Forge.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TMats,

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I think I got my last one here:

http://www.rushmorerose.com/

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Valley Forge, very happy how mine has lasted.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Annin tough tex flags are some of the best I've found. They're made in Virginia and Ohio.

+1 for Annin. Don’t buy from Amazon, though. Lots of fakes!

Try FlagStoreUSA.

-Rob

Amazon $23.15 plus tax

FlagStoreUSA $34.60 with shipping

The above link is ships from & sold by Amazon. Any reason I would suspect it to be fake? Anin I assume would know if they sold flags to Amazon or not and I think would take legal action if they knew they were buying Chinese knockoffs and reselling them. I could understand the concern if I purchased third party.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This Grace Alley one claims 100% American made. Grommets, dye, stitching, and header rather than sewn in America.

Anyone buy one of these?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I always buy from Valley Forge--they are one of the few companies that American-make a flag with the proper proportions (1:1.9). Most other manufacturers make 3x5, 4x6, or 5x8 flags, none of which are the official proportions. You can find their selection of official sizes here: http://valleyforgeflag.com/cat...41/outdoor-flags.htm

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check with your local American Legion post or VFW. They probably have decent flags available at a very reasonable cost. They can also arrange for proper retirement of your old flag. My post does both.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The OP is from Virginia. For a great flag, flown on special occasions, go to Washington’s Mt Vernon and pick up one of the many flags that have been flown over the grounds. Wife and I have one and love it.
For every day, any of the above suggestions would work.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
We fly the Colors 24/7/365. There are several AMERICAN MADE flags sold on Amazon that we have used and get good service-we get about 6 months out of them. I replace them when tatters start. Annin is one brand and the last ones we bought were from Sent Kind, Ltd.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
If you fly it 24/7/365 and get 2 years out of it, figure out who made it, it's a good one. Typically after a year most are faded and some have lost their flight by then.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Good luck in your search.

However, please contact a local Boy Scout troop that conducts periodic retirement ceremonies in order to retire your old flag appropriately.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:

However, please contact a local Boy Scout troop that conducts periodic retirement ceremonies in order to retire your old flag appropriately.

I've actually got a couple that I need to get rid of, just been sitting in the closet since I've been to lazy to drop them off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I've actually got a couple that I need to get rid of, just been sitting in the closet since I've been to lazy to drop them off.

I’ll check with our troop leader to see when our next one is....if it is in the near future, i’ll reply back to you here. You’d be welcome to send them to me and I’ll make sure it gets done.

Regards.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gplease contact a local Boy Scout troop that conducts periodic retirement ceremonies in order to retire your old flag appropriately.
Many of our local Ace Hardware stores have boxes labeled "Respectful Flag Disposal."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
If you fly it 24/7/365 and get 2 years out of it, figure out who made it, it's a good one. Typically after a year most are faded and some have lost their flight by then.

Ordered the Anin one, then decided to just go outside look at the label and order the same thing. After about two years the current one is not separating, 90%+ of stitching is intact, only the blue is dull and faded. Canceled order and got same one again plus some stainless steel clips to hopefully avoid staining.

Existing one is made by Pioneer Flag Company.

http://pioneerflags.com

Amazon link

ETA went back and reordered the Anin one again too. Will fly that one first and see how it compares to the Pioneer one. Also will be nice to have one on hand as back up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bump

Picked a couple. Now a karma for you to replace your faded flag.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis