SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daylight Savings Time Again..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daylight Savings Time Again.. Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
"Saving" !!!

Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

DST ends, actually.
Oh really? Didn't notice. Smile
Big Grin

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I think daylight savings time is nice since you can work outside a lot longer.

Us retired people don't get up until 10 AM.

Where did that stat come from? Personally, I wake up when the first light peaks through the window which right now is about 6:30~ Lazy in bed for 10 minutes or so then it's on with the day. To bed at 11pm and watch a bit of TV or read some to get me to sleep.

melatonin is your friend. I take at the new bedtime for a couple of days and all is back to normal with little fuss.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
The sun rises and sets on a regular schedule every day and because someone says that on a certain day the hour that the sun rises, or sets, will change one hour +/- is immaterial to me.

I'm retired! Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cell phone automatically resets. Microwave, oven, 1 wall clock, digital on the nightstand and car needed changed.
I love Winter so this just gets me primed for snow.
Not so much of a fan of Spring when we set them forward an hour. That just lets me know that it's gonna get warmer to hot soon.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Every year with the "Fall Back" time change, I try to commit to keep getting up early and get things done. This year, it's the 5am to 6am Crossfit thing. Not sure this one will last long given my knees. Eek

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
It's easier to leave them set on Mountain Standard Time year around. And do a little math when you need it.

Although I did check a watch last set in March. Seems it lost 20 seconds in eight months. Pretty good for a $4 movement.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the sun was up around dawn this morning and guessing it will likely set sometime after dusk

trying to figure out what is or what was saved

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The early bird gets the worm... Wink

Does the early bird enjoy the worm as much as the late bird enjoys the sleep?

As for me, I don't like DWT (Daylight Wasting Time) at all. I have stuff to do.

Setting the gear driven clocks was easy, just stop the pendulum for an hour. The clock in the truck was simple, just uncheck the box that says 'Daylight Saving Time' and I'm all set. Harman Kardon makes a awesome car stereo if you are in the market for one.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
This is when I go into my SAD depression. I HATE that it gets dark at 5:00 pm. Who in the hell would be for that?

I would opt for full time DST. I find I do more in the evenings than any other time. As I've aged, I also find I like summer the best of any season. I enjoy being outside, even just sitting on the front porch in the late summer dusk.

However Mother Nature is not flexible. Days get shorter, nights longer. Like ruger 357, I hate going inside early. And it's just the beginning of November.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I think daylight savings time is nice since you can work outside a lot longer.

Us retired people don't get up until 10 AM.

Where did that stat come from? Personally, I wake up when the first light peaks through the window which right now is about 6:30~ Lazy in bed for 10 minutes or so then it's on with the day. To bed at 11pm and watch a bit of TV or read some to get me to sleep.

melatonin is your friend. I take at the new bedtime for a couple of days and all is back to normal with little fuss.
I'm naturally a night owl--I prepare for sleep (in a lounge chair) around 0300-0400 and sleep until 1000 or 1100 if I don't have a reason to get up earlier. My sleep does get interrupted for a potty break around 0700, though.

I was forced to adopt earlier hours while I was in school or working, but as soon as I retired I reverted to my natural self. It's wonderful!

My computer-driven clocks all reset automatically. I have one wall clock that stays on Standard (CST) time and my camera stays on CDT (Central Daylight Time) because most of my photography that requires coordination with time happens in the summer months; I leave it on CDT even when I change time zones because it makes it much easier to coordinate with UT2 from the GPS satellites.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post