SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    question on Gotham Pro non stick pan issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question on Gotham Pro non stick pan issue Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
So did the brat on the stove top do my Gothom pro in?
The blackish residue does not seem to come off? with normal handwashing, Any idea's?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You might try putting some water in, heating it, let it simmer for a few minutes.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks V-Tail. I will try it but warm soapy water and a dish cloth is doing nothing.

I think both me and the pan might be cooked when my wife see's it. Eek Ouch!

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Thanks V-Tail. I will try it but warm soapy water and a dish cloth is doing nothing.

After heating it with water in it, letting it simmer for a bit, try gentle scraping with a scraper made of plastic -- don't use metal if the pan has a non-stick coating.

I also have some sponges that have a "scrubby" side, they might help. Maybe Comet? I don't think that will damage the non-stick coating.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

After heating it with water in it, letting it simmer for a bit, try gentle scraping with a scraper made of plastic -- don't use metal if the pan has a non-stick coating.

I also have some sponges that have a "scrubby" side, they might help. Maybe Comet? I don't think that will damage the non-stick coating.

Comet is too abrasive. Don't do that.

Try heating pan on med for ten minutes, then take dish towel, dampen one side (not dripping wet). Wipe while hot, should hear it sizzling while whipping if not you have too much or two little water.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, Skins, that did help a little. Still not clean. What the Heck do put in those brats??

Never mind, don't answer that Big Grin

Soft scrub or something else maybe?

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Lye.

Not sure what it'll do to nonstick coating, but it eats stuff off stainless like there's no tomorrow.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
Try a baking soda paste.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The brats most likely had some kind of sugar in them which burned.

I’d fill with a bit of water and a couple tablespooons of baking soda and bring to a boil then let sit for like an hour then scrub with a green non scratch scrubbing pad.

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post