SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Gonna Watch Alliance of American Football?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Gonna Watch Alliance of American Football? Login/Join 
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted
The season starts this coming weekend. Eight teams, with an assortment of former nfl and college players and coaches.

https://aaf.com

I wonder if they are somehow tied-in with the nfl.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Absolutely. Hope it actually gets off the ground.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
I plan to watch it. Just hope it's not a flash-in-the-pan like the XFL.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be at work so I will definitely have it on even just to listen to it.
I really hope it takes off

Thanks for posting this. I have never heard of this.

Now I just have to remember to turn it on at work

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:

I read the other day that the XFL is coming back in 2020.

Posts: 1510 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skonie:
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:

I read the other day that the XFL is coming back in 2020.

Hot Damn!! Now I just have to remember where I packed away my "He Hate Me" jersey!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably not

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
First I've ever heard of it is here. Looking at the linked site, the cities with teams does squat for me....PASS.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Based on the number of replies to this thread I would say the league is doomed.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I interested, will I watch? Not only no, but hell no! Too damn much mediocre football as it is and I DO have a life to live.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I'll watch if and only if there is no concussion protocol, no bullshit roughing the passer calls, no instant replay and less then 20 minutes of commercials.

oh, and you have to be able to do head to head contact.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The WFL, the USFL, the XFL and now the AAF... thanks but no thanks. Enjoy the first and only season.

If you really need to watch football after the Super Bowl, go onto You Tube and watch videos of the Lingere Football League.

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I might watch some of it just to see what's going on.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Not trying to insert politics, but if they won't allow all that protest crap, I'll give it a go.

If we can stomach collegiate fooseball, why not some of the college kids who have a heavier beard? Smile

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The USFL was actually doing okay till a certain guy screwed it up. lol Big Grin

No kickoff, no extra points, more time for commercials. Wink Sounds like a trial balloon and/or getting people used to the idea.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
For those interested, two games on TV on This weekend.

San Diego at San Antonio on CBS Saturday evening, and Salt Lake at Arizona on NFL Network on Sunday.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2828 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Watching the Orlando - Atlanta game.

I like it. Lots of little things that are interesting, hearing the instant replay referees is fascinating.

It’s definitely CFB/NCAA+ level play, if this sticks for 2 years or so it will be a good NFL-lite.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I'm not a football fan, but I do follow Texas A&M Aggies football since my daughter is a senior there. However, San Antonio, which I'm between and Austin, had their first game tonight and won. There were a lot of fans, but just as others have said, other leagues have come and gone so we will see. Go Commanders!!!!.....for now

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1160 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
I'm snowed in, so watched most of the game. Kind of like it. It was a good level of playing. I'll be watching Sun game.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post