SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Gonna Watch Alliance of American Football?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Gonna Watch Alliance of American Football? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Let's Go Rangers:
The WFL, the USFL, the XFL and now the AAF... thanks but no thanks. Enjoy the first and only season.

If you really need to watch football after the Super Bowl, go onto You Tube and watch videos of the Lingere Football League.

That's what I do. I have several games recorded in which the Packers trounced the Bears. I watch them from time to time to quench my thirst for good football.

Posts: 5737 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
I watched it while surfing Sig Forum and certainly liked it better than what the NFL has to offer. I don't watch a lot of TV, but for me it's better than any round-ball games being offered until College Football starts up again. I'll probably keep multi-tasking on Saturday nights just to keep in practice when late August rolls around.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in San Antonio and there was quite a bit of excitement here for it. We have been used as a pawn for NFL teams before, but already have plenty of Cowboys and Texans fans. I hope it sticks around awhile.

Posts: 239 | Location: San Antonio, Tx | Registered: October 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I was favorably impressed. I liked what I heard about salaries. The level of play wasn't quite what we saw in the NFL playoffs, but then I didn't expect it to be. I can get used to not having kickoffs. It'll definitely fill the football drought for a while.

Posts: 7258 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I liked what I saw. This is the first weekend, let the season play out.

There are quite a few positives here, not least of which is that major cities now have a football franchise for the first time (or in some cases, again).

The population of the US has grown substantially in the last 30 years, yet the number of NFL teams has stagnated. I can see in 10 years this league being folded in to the NFL, or becoming an NFL sanctioned minor league.

Give it a chance. It can’t hurt..

Posts: 2322 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post