SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Actual Newsweek headline: Ivanka Trump plagiarizes one of her own speeches in India
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Actual Newsweek headline: Ivanka Trump plagiarizes one of her own speeches in India Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
In case you are wondering, one cannot plagiarize oneself.

IVANKA TRUMP PLAGIARIZES ONE OF HER OWN SPEECHES IN INDIA

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" Stupid is as Stupid Does" *

*Forest Gump Smile

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Uh, if you have a message, aren't you likely to repeat it to multiple audiences?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ivanka Trump plagiarizes one of her own speeches in India

She should sue herself.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I don't recall Newsweek accusing Obama when he did it. Here's just one of many, many examples.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If it weren't for double standards, the left in general and the FNIC* in particular would have none. Roll Eyes

*Fake News Industrial Complex

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
One of the best things to come out of the Trump administration is a complete unmasking of the media. They have always been biased but they at least denied it and tried to be clever and subtle about it.

Nowadays, they are proud of it...they willingly display it proudly for all to see. We've got the NYT openly lobbying against the GOP tax bill, Vanity Fair devoting an entire article to rant against Melania's White House Christmas Decorations, Cable news hosts and late night TV hosts acting as an extension of the DNC.

I keep waiting for them to hit peak derangement, but they keep outdoing themselves. It's fun to watch. And to anyone paying attention, the media will never have an ounce of credibility again.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I imagine the media would have a "plagiarism" feeding frenzy if Ivanka Trump holds up a crudely hand scribbled hashtag sign. Fortunately, that is unlikely.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That photo is pathetic on many levels.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
One of the best things to come out of the Trump administration is a complete unmasking of the media. They have always been biased but they at least denied it and tried to be clever and subtle about it.

Nowadays, they are proud of it...they willingly display it proudly for all to see. We've got the NYT openly lobbying against the GOP tax bill, Vanity Fair devoting an entire article to rant against Melania's White House Christmas Decorations, Cable news hosts and late night TV hosts acting as an extension of the DNC.

I keep waiting for them to hit peak derangement, but they keep outdoing themselves. It's fun to watch. And to anyone paying attention, the media will never have an ounce of credibility again.

Absolutely agree. The lying, deceptive, predatory, fact twisting bastards are being exposed on a daily basis now and I am loving every minute of it

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
This kind of thing from the media used to just piss me off. It's become so acute and prevalent anymore that I just shake my head and laugh to myself because normal educated people don't buy into it any longer.

It's rare to see a huge industry implode and destroying itself like the mainstream media is doing. That will be one of Trump's many legacies.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Trump has driven them all crazy. Really. They are diagnosable.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I think its great - this is like the show Survivor where you spend all your time out-thinking, out-maneuvering and out-witting your opponents

he's pretty good at it - you don't get to become a billionaire by being lazy

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post