SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dallas Mayor Pro Tem urges NRA to find a new home for their convention
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas Mayor Pro Tem urges NRA to find a new home for their convention Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Dwane Carraway and Mike Rawlings are both cut from the same part of stupid. This is just another case of “Hey look at me! I’m doing stupid shit for votes!” As previously said the big cities in Texas are pretty much liberal bastions. Travel 10 miles outside their borders and it’s a whole ‘nother place.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Virtue signaling and poltical grandstanding. This guy knows that the NRA will still hold their convention as currently scheduled.

Pandering to his base with "look at me".

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
#1, the Vice mayor can suck a dick

#2, the vice mayor isn't the mayor of Dallas so see #1

#3, the vice mayor isn't an elected official from Parkland, Florida, so see #1

#4, the vice mayor gave Michael Vick the keys to the city {Dallas} after his dog fighting conviction so see #1

#5, the NRA already responded
quote:

Meet the vice mayor....

I suspect it stretches the imagination, but I have to admit I am not surprised!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Well if antifa or any other mask wearing left wing pussies are planning on showing up they should know that the NRA does not prohibit its attendees from carrying firearms to the show. So they’d better be real careful who they swing their little batons at.
The NRA may not prohibit carrying, but I think the Convention Center does.

This DH does not speak for this Dallasite.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Caraway is a freaking crook. I sent him an email and posted to his FB page. Made me feel betterBig Grin

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly he said the city of Dallas did not need the money the convention brings in. I guess with such fine leadership and fiscal management the city of Dallas is in fine shape.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Dallas Mayor in waiting

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The assassination of JFK? Really? This tells you the intellect of the individual making these statements.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple solution - move it to Ft. Worth ! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Simple solution - move it to Ft. Worth ! Big Grin
I prefer the option of getting rid of the Vice Mayor.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

TX big cities are controlled by commies, now. Only a matter of time before this state turns blue. Roll Eyes

Our electoral vote up here (NTX) has gone Republican every election since Reagan in 1980. Carter was the last time we went blue.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Pro Tem asshat can suck on a wet fart...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
He is trying to take the heat off of himself due to the latest allegations that he needs investigated by the feds. If it had not been this, he would have jumped on some other issue to try to keep himself out of prison.

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fizteach:
He is trying to take the heat off of himself due to the latest allegations that he needs investigated by the feds. If it had not been this, he would have jumped on some other issue to try to keep himself out of prison.

The antics of Caraway and John Wiley Price make for some amusing reading. The FBI has been unable to convict Price over the years so I doubt Caraway has much to worry about. He probably hasn’t even achieved the level of corruption that Price has.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
#1, the Vice mayor can suck a dick

#2, the vice mayor isn't the mayor of Dallas so see #1

#3, the vice mayor isn't an elected official from Parkland, Florida, so see #1

#4, the vice mayor gave Michael Vick the keys to the city {Dallas} after his dog fighting conviction so see #1

#5, the NRA already responded
quote:

Meet the vice mayor....

I suspect it stretches the imagination, but I have to admit I am not surprised!

Didn't he get beat up by his wife?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Another stunning display of stupidity by an elected official. Don't waste your time looking for an underlying strategy. Yes, some of them really are that stupid.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“No politician anywhere can tell the NRA not to come to their city," Arulanandam said. "We are already there. Dallas, like every American city and community, is populated by NRA members. Our members work in fire stations and police departments. They save lives in local hospitals and own businesses in communities urban and rural throughout this country."

What a perfectly eloquent way to say “fuck you, you nobody- we’re coming”.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
TX big cities are controlled by commies, now. Only a matter of time before this state turns blue. Roll Eyes

This years convention is already planned and won't be moving. There are, however, plenty of nice suburbs of Dallas that aren't infested with commies and would love having the NRA. There are plenty of hotels and such, but convention center space would be the big issue.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post