SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    baseball junkies. Girls softball world series. UO vs UofF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

baseball junkies. Girls softball world series. UO vs UofF Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
Wow, what a game in the 17th inning. These girls got game! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19160 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Yeah that pitcher for UO was hitting 75mph. That's insane.

As soon as the game was over, I turned to my wife and said, "They need to get some of the current sluggers from the MLB to try and hit that girl. It'd be hilarious."

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
As a UF grad I was rooting hard for my team. Even in a loss I have to tip my hat to OU. Hell both teams get a tip of the cap.

Great game.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That was a great game, my son and I watched it. We have been watching both the men's and women's teams.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I grew up in RI and at the start of baseball season we were always indoors. Softball team had a new freshman pitcher who was supposed to be fantastic. So the starting 3 of the varsity baseball team paced off 40 whatever feet it is and gave her a ball. This was on an indoor track, with a huge pad for a backstop the sprinters would run into. This 5 foot nothing girl struck out our best in 9 pitches. Glad I was the #4 hitter for sure.

It is purely reflexes and guessing when the softball pitcher throws heat.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

As soon as the game was over, I turned to my wife and said, "They need to get some of the current sluggers from the MLB to try and hit that girl. It'd be hilarious."

The distance from the plate to the rubber is 43 feet in softball. On a baseball diamond the distance is 60'6". The reaction time for a 60mph softball pitch and a 90mph baseball pitch are the same at .45 seconds. Obviously, a 75mph softball pitch arrives before a 90mph baseball pitch.

90mph is pretty serious heat in the major leagues. A few throw harder, but not many. 75mph is at the top of the range for woman softball pitchers. (Male softball pitchers can reach 85mph.)

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

The distance from the plate to the rubber is 43 feet in softball. On a baseball diamond the distance is 60'6". The reaction time for a 60mph softball pitch and a 90mph baseball pitch are the same at .45 seconds. Obviously, a 75mph softball pitch arrives before a 90mph baseball pitch.

90mph is pretty serious heat in the major leagues. A few throw harder, but not many. 75mph is at the top of the range for woman softball pitchers. (Male softball pitchers can reach 85mph.)

Yeah I think Jessica M was saying it's like 105mph. Add that to the fact that it's coming in at an upward-angle vs. down in baseball, makes it much much much harder to actually connect with because instead of dropping your swing (with gravity) to meet the ball, you have to adjust up every time.

Still. Damn good game.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter was at a softball clinic a few years ago. One of the instructors was an all-american pitcher from Washington. A couple of her friends had older brothers who were really good baseball players were watching. They were teasing little sister about softball being a girly sport. The pitcher heard them and said, "Grab a bat." They didn't even foul one off. Total humiliation. *s*

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
When my daughter was in 6-7 grade softball, one of her teammates big sister was a star high school SB pitcher. I had opportunity to catch her in a practice. I feared for my life during that.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post