SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh Yea Baby! Working on the Man Cave.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh Yea Baby! Working on the Man Cave. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
needs some culture .... maybe some fine art

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
That looks more like a "study" than an "man cave" and I absolutely love it.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Nice cave, but there is a conspicuous lack of beef jerky.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Sigforum on the big screen... with protection! Big Grin

Loving it so far...
Verdict still out on the sound bar, I have one ear completely blocked with congestion so that's pretty frustrating. Seems the size of the screen is perfect for the room.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hey...you've got my fireplace set...I've been wondering what happened to it Razz...

That man cave is looking very comfortable I must say Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
As far as lighting goes, you should easily be able to mirror recessed lights on other side of room, then change the eyeballs to new LED trims to match your new recess. Top it off with a dimmer for when you fire up new TV set.

An electrician should be able to very easily fish in the new lights. It appears you have a header running across the room opposite the fire place. Which should mean joists run from fireplace side to header side. If true this means no drywall damage to upgrade the lighting from two directional lights to four down lights. Or you could add six lights centered on the room and patch the original locations and any holes needed to run wiring. The second option would obviously be much more expensive but would light the room up way better.

Skins...
Physically very easy... Trusses on the house. Open access above the room in the attic and about an 8/12 pitch roof. Beams are all fake. Plus, I wired the house myself originally in 1975 when built by my Contractor Dad, as I did all the houses he built up until the early 90's.

My problem is usually deciding on WHAT to do! I love the flush mount dimmable LED fixtures but they need to be out of direct sight, or off, or dimmed when watching TV. Your suggestion to mirror the current lights on the other side (would be over the sofa) sound good, I think I will add a couple of those over our recliners for reading light etc. when dimmed for ambient lighting it would be nice. Just need a remote for them so I can turn them off and on, on demand... without getting up... first world problems right! LOL!

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:

That man cave is looking very comfortable I must say Smile

Thanks...
TOO comfortable the wife says... can't get me outta here!

Here is the reverse view with the drapes open to the backyard.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
In the first pic, it looks like the Man Cave is right next to the kitchen. Good deal! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great layout. Your TV is an excellent choice, and is 4k. That means a 4k UHD player!! Less than $100 these days.

You are wasting that TV's potential if you are not feeding it a 4 k signal, whether YouTube, Netflix, DirecTV, cable, or a UHD player.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want that fountain , for my birds

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54595 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
all that you need to complete said cave is a small fridge next to your chair for the beer, a disco ball, some fuzzy speed balls and a lava lamp
and a biometric lock on the door. That way it doesn’t get taken over.

Lets not forget a urinal or toilet in the corner, build a closet around it if you must. Never mind, saw the outside access there. Razz

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
all that you need to complete said cave is a small fridge next to your chair for the beer, a disco ball, some fuzzy speed balls and a lava lamp
and a biometric lock on the door. That way it doesn’t get taken over.

Lets not forget a urinal or toilet in the corner, build a closet around it if you must. Never mind, saw the outside access there. Razz

Yep, in no time flat the wife will be wanting those overgrown bushes out there pulled up. Much easier to slowly kill them off with liquid byproducts of man cave.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Grandson brought his Xbox One over this afternoon, we keep em after school. It was awesome on the big screen. He almost got in trouble with his mom because he didn't want to leave when she came to pick him up.

And yes I got a UHD player also. Cant wait to try it out. Need to find a good movie to give it a good work out.

Unfortunately, my head is still stuffed up and I've been under the weather a tad.
Impossible to judge the performance of the sound bar.