SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From this point, any click-bait, vague thread titles gets your thread locked
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From this point, any click-bait, vague thread titles gets your thread locked Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
"Have you seen this?" is UNACCEPTABLE. Anything along those lines is UNACCEPTABLE. You guys have been told for months about this stuff, but you keep doing it. From this point on, I am going to lock such threads with no warning, no explanation, and those threads will not be reopened under any circumstances.

And for those of you who want to be cute and start all your threads with "This thread is about...", well, those will get locked as well.

You know what we're asking you to do and you know why you're being asked to do it.

Posts: 107488 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand Para is how you monitor this type of thing with quick timing and diligence. Not only thread titles, but content within. Appreciate you keeping this forum great - just wondering how you do it. Seems like a full time job in itself.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Some of the threads in the lounge were starting to read like YouTube video titles.

Posts: 9955 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Thank you.
I don't want to have to open a thread to find out what it's about... and then find that it's something I'm not interested in.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24060 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
My goodness this is a welcome development! Many thanks.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12400 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And, oh, there is one exception- The Lair. Members post- as the subject line of their thread- a line from a film or TV show or song, and other members fill in dialogue or lyrics.
This is a game we've long played here and there's no need to change that.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107488 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Thank you. Some of the threads in the lounge were starting to read like YouTube video titles.

A few months ago I swear I saw a thread begin with something like: “You won’t believe what this actress looks like now!”

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Aaaaannnd....here’s a Prime example.

Newsflash...this thread title is not really about an Alexia upgrade. Roll Eyes

Www.sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/...0601935/m/6680069934

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:

A few months ago I swear I saw a thread begin with something like: “You won’t believe what this actress looks like now!”

With the adjectives: Breathtaking. Jaw-dropping. Shocking. Sort of like the fake "news" stories which tell a story in 21 pages, two sentences and 20 ads per page ...

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para.
If I see a thread title that ends with "..." it says "click on me to complete the subject."

I'm happy to see the pushback from everyone.

Posts: 964 | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I've been hoping you would take this action.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Also have trouble with posts with a URL link and no description. I mean, why post it if you're not going to offer a comment about it? Frown

Regardless thanks for what you do Para. Much appreciated!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Regardless thanks for what you do Para. Much appreciated!

I have to second this sentiment. I can't even add to it. I've thought of some but they all just fall short of my intent.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
It’s a pet peeve of mine as well. Unfortunately it’s almost a compulsion for some. Good luck!

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Top twenty three ways to get your post deleted...Number 18 will blow your mind!!!

Click here for the 40 page slideshow!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
So happy to see this stance taken as you’ve been more than generous with the amount of time you’ve given people to comply. My time, and that of others here on the board, is valuable and shouldn’t be wasted opening threads just to see what they’re about. We should be able to skim through the titles and know exactly which ones are worth reading. My hat is off to you, Para.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jezsuiz
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post