SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    St. Louis in October? Recommendations needed, step inside!- Arriving today- updated 10/11/2017
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St. Louis in October? Recommendations needed, step inside!- Arriving today- updated 10/11/2017 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
As someone who works in downtown St.Louis Kevin's recommendations are spot on.

I would probably stick to the Soulard area for restaurants and entertainment if you are wanting to be close to downtown.

I work on Washington Avenue and 12th. There are some pretty cool restaurants in that area but I'm not ever there after 10pm or so.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you are mobile and like prime rib, make a trip to Kreis' Tavern. Best I have ever had, literally melt in your mouth. In the SL burbs, worth the trip.

Only about 15 minutes from downtown, and you won't have to worry about getting shot there. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15695 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI if no one mentioned it, be sure to check the Arch website. The museum under the Arch is closed. I would buy your Arch admission ticket online in advance.
Be sure to hit up Bastille in Soulard. Awesome crowd, really friendly. I guarantee if you tell bartenders you are new to the area, they will make sure you drink free, all night.
Post another thread about your trip a week or so before it takes place, as a reminder about a potential SF STL meetup.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Sorry I've been away and haven't responded, I'm supposed to be booking everything tomorrow morning so I will have more details. Crazy busy getting ready for fall classes here at work. I will jump online tonight to reply accordingly.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I'm looking forward to the trip!

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Where has the time gone?!#. I’m on a plane now, landing in STL at 11:25am!! I’m sorry for the delay, it was looking as I might not have made the trip, and was very last minute to get me out the door.

I’ll check back in here and send some emails once I get to the room and if anyone is still free we can make a plan or two.

Sorry for such short notice!!

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Have a great time! Too bad the Cards aren't playing. I missed this thread the first time around. Makes me homesick.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Sigh... sorry.

I have/had to literally work each night you are here. I was looking forward to taking you out.

These damn protests have thrown all our schedules for a loop... moving around our days off and such.

I just got home tonight, after a training class all day and another thing this evening... Sadly I have to work tomorrow, and then range day all afternoon on Saturday.

If you ever make it back, I'll make it up to ya, and take you out, my treat.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post